Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 4900
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    One thing I constantly wonder about is the one day/one year apprenticeship with Old Woman Storm.

Throughout every mention of Illyana/OWS *except* what we see on this page here, it seems that Magik went through a regular year of training in white magic with OWS.

One explanation I've considered is that what we see on the page is what Illyana 1.0 remembers, but isn't what actually happened: these might be false memories that were planted by OWS during training, or even absorbed from Oak during the last frozen year, slowly taking in OWS's magics while feeding on her greatest creation, before Magik finally manifested the SoulSword from the ashes of Oak.

Perhaps the most remarkable moment in Illyana 1.0's story was the moment Magik did NOT slay Belasco, which would have sprung the trap OWS fell into, killing a defeated opponent, which by some obscure rulebook for Dominion over Limbo, keeps power in control of the Incumbent HellLord...

Could OWS have planted post-hypnotic programming not to repeat her mistakes when Illyana battled Belasco?

Could Illyana even now be the catspaw of OWS from beyond the grave, running through her programming to defeat the Elder Gods while becoming Good?

(There's also the iconic moment in TNM #50 when Magik planted the SoulSword into the soil of Limbo, transforming all of the Splinter Realm into a Edenic garden, ironically the blade being an acorn after all!
    Darkchilde killed Belasco and became the ruler of Limbo that way. One reason why Storm trying to kill Belasco did not work is because he is immoral. To kill him you need a soul sword. Now he is missing an arm is because someone used the sword he has to cut off his arm. Since one needs a magic blade to kill him, Storm without a magic blade had no way and no means of killing him. Really, LimboStorm's and Cat's only purposes in this story is to show why Illyana didn't come back totally evil, as if she was raised only by a demon all this time she surely would be. So no, nothing Illyana does in the future has to do with Limbo Storm. Oh, and Pixie's soul dagger mortally wounded Belasco, and Darkchilde used the new medallion to finish killing Belasco off. Finally she got justice.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 12-16-2018 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

I think Inferno happened because Magik was overwhelmed by grief, and it's not like Magneto offered such great support. The X-Men never should have pretended to be dead. Had they immediately come back, Inferno never would have happened, Magneto wouldn't have become a villain again, and with Inferno not happening Maddie wouldn't have become the Goblin Queen. Demons could only seep through because of Magik's mental breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I think Inferno happened because Magik was overwhelmed by grief, and it's not like Magneto offered such great support. The X-Men never should have pretended to be dead. Had they immediately come back, Inferno never would have happened, Magneto wouldn't have become a villain again, and with Inferno not happening Maddie wouldn't have become the Goblin Queen. Demons could only seep through because of Magik's mental breakdown.
    Intersting. You know, this feels true. Entirely possible and in keeping with my own feelings about Illyana's magic being very much a projection and creation of her pain, her trauma, her means for self being in the creation or destructive creation of a reality. Her mastery of this is her maturity, in a way, from Inferno to her ending of the Elder Gods later on and her incorporating of Limbo after that...

I'm uncomfortable with the concept of splintering and sectioning off Illyana into 1's and 2's and fractions of one true self. No, not there is or should be 'one true self' but yes, there is, IMO only Illyana. She is not an equation or sum. If anything, she defies that very possibility and truthfully, even if she wanted to put the pieces back together...those pieces are in pieces themselves...glass into sand...

Through the light portals, time and space are eclipsed.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

New X-Men: Quest for Magik

The third & final part of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's run, has been posted on Amazon, ready for pre-order.

'X-23's past has returned to haunt the New X-Men! Can she and Hellion rescue Mercury before the horrifying, mutant-eating Predator X is unleashed? Then, the demonic Belasco pulls the X-Mansion into Limbo - and he's looking for Magik! Illyana Rasputin has returned to life, and Belasco will put the New X-Men through a literal hell until he finds her! With the team scattered, wounded and terrified, all hope seems lost. But Illyana has arrived, mad as hell...and she wants her soul back! Can Pixie, of all people, help save the day? And when Magik's quest catches the attention of the other demon lords, the X-Men must help Illyana find herself before an ancient evil is unleashed!'

COLLECTING: NEW X-MEN (2004) 33-39, 40-42 (A STORIES), 43; X-INFERNUS 1-4, SAGA; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (2004) 14; X-MEN: DIVIDED WE STAND 2

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    New X-Men: Quest for Magik

The third & final part of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's run, has been posted on Amazon, ready for pre-order.

'X-23's past has returned to haunt the New X-Men! Can she and Hellion rescue Mercury before the horrifying, mutant-eating Predator X is unleashed? Then, the demonic Belasco pulls the X-Mansion into Limbo - and he's looking for Magik! Illyana Rasputin has returned to life, and Belasco will put the New X-Men through a literal hell until he finds her! With the team scattered, wounded and terrified, all hope seems lost. But Illyana has arrived, mad as hell...and she wants her soul back! Can Pixie, of all people, help save the day? And when Magik's quest catches the attention of the other demon lords, the X-Men must help Illyana find herself before an ancient evil is unleashed!'

COLLECTING: NEW X-MEN (2004) 33-39, 40-42 (A STORIES), 43; X-INFERNUS 1-4, SAGA; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (2004) 14; X-MEN: DIVIDED WE STAND 2

This is so great! But now it seems such a long time, such long ways away...to wait for...something so good...to be patient for. It's good to have a promise and a yes and a wow on pre-order

This is also available now for pre-order. July is going to be a magikal month!

https://www.amazon.com/New-Mutants-E...w+mutants+epic

New Mutants Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga

Don't call them X-babies anymore! Visionary artist Bill Sienkiewicz transforms the New Mutants - and the young heroes' lives will never be the same! New recruits Magma and Magik find their footing at the school - but when the team tries to rescue Kitty Pryde from Emma Frost, will they all end up members of rival mutant team the Hellions? Then, the Demon Bear that haunts Dani Moonstar bares his teeth, Sienkiewicz-style! Will the New Mutants survive the Bear's ferocious attack - and if so, can they make a new friend in the alien called Warlock? Plus, a cosmic caper introduces intergalactic rock star Lila Cheney! When Sunspot and Wolfsbane are in danger, only Cloak and Dagger can help! The mind-bending debut of Professor X's son, Legion! And the shocking return of an old friend/foe...
    Last edited by sungila; 12-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Extraordinary Member

Looks like she's finally back on a regular team in Uncanny 13 or 14.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

I'm pretty sure this is only a temporary team during the AoX after that event concludes everything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

It's uncomfortable but, I think I kinda trust Rosenberg...maybe he has scripted something speficially for Magik and the Dead Souls New Mutants to be continued through and resolved post Disassembled /post C & W.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-25-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Incredible Member

My friends in Hawaii are asking me to pass on very warm 'Maui Christmas's to my friends here in the chilly Pacific Northwest, elsewhere on the mainland, around the world, or trapped in Limbo

May your SoulSwords stay sharp,
    Maui Christmas!
    Aloha!

tumblr_pk76mcXDbG1s5onj7o1_1280.jpg

Sketchbook Illyana.
    By Adam Gorham