Page 305 of 327 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 4900

Ugh! I hated that. It made me really dislike Cyclops. Who the heck imprison's a teammate and straps bombs to them, all while forcing her to work for him? That was too aggressive

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Yeah me too. Very cunning, and she played even those closest to her. I liked the idea of the X-Brig too- though a breakout was inevitable.
    Yeah, I loved how smug she was, despite being a prisoner (though I get the feeling she still could have escaped if she desired it) Ha. Yeah despite that mistrust, Illyana was necessary, and she knew it. The Phoenix Five was a strange concept, but I liked what it did for the characters involved. Besides, Magik's look SLAYED.
    Seriously, does anyone believe the bomb jacket could have stopped her? Ask yourself: would it have stopped Belasco? Loki? Mephisto?

It seemed obvious to me Illyana was ruling everything like Fisk from a jail cell from TNM v3 #1 until Dormammu; I'm less certain about stuff afterward

I'm disappointed Magik didn't finally port out of the bomb jacket just before her fight with Dr. Strange in AvX

(I'm especially disappointed she didn't prank Strange after the fight, leaving him nude and clean shaven... releasing pent up frustration etc, although on the flip side Magik was super masochistic in her fight with Black Widow before claiming her part of the Phoenix Force: guilt about Piotr? )

SPOILERS OF GOLD #30
    (Could someone tell me tips to get "spoiler box"?

Illyana is pivotal
    Pages & pages of coverage
    Her role could not have been played by anyone else

Extra spoiler warning:
    *SPOILERS*

*I WARNED YOU*

*SERIOUSLY- READ GOLD #30 BEFORE READING THIS NEXT PART*

(Does anyone else have suspicions about the wedding... saving Kitty for herself?)

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Given the nature of her powers escaping could have been easy for her. Heck, a number of Limbo demons came to get her out and would have succeeded if she didn't want to remain imprisoned. Just porting out wouldn't have worked since it would have blown up before she could do that, but a time traveler could find other ways.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Seriously, does anyone believe the bomb jacket could have stopped her? Ask yourself: would it have stopped Belasco? Loki? Mephisto?
    (Raises hand tentatively)
    I mean, she's still mortal after all, and it was pointed out several times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ugh! I hated that. It made me really dislike Cyclops. Who the heck imprison's a teammate and straps bombs to them, all while forcing her to work for him? That was too aggressive
    Kieron Gillen admitted that it was easier for him to write Cyclops as a villain.
    Last edited by 244; 06-21-2018 at 12:06 AM.

(Does anyone else have suspicions about the wedding... saving Kitty for herself?)

Ugh, I know everyone and their mother seems to really want that this is the direction we're going with this relationship... but honestly I just don't see it. Best friends have tough and honest discussions, esp when they have been "together" for as long as these two. If anything though, I could possibly see them building Magik back up as having a more important plotline in the near future, including one where she struggles with her sometimes villainous behavior.

BANNED

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't show up at all anymore in Gold.

Gold is cancelled...and Blue too.

I do hope they explore Yana and Kitty's friendship. Not in a sexual way, but with the ramifications of the breakup.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

I want Katyana. I really, really do.

I have zero faith that the man behind Olicity and Monument Point will give it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post

I have zero faith that the man behind Olicity and Monument Point will give it to us.
    Of course Guggemheim won't give us Katyana. he swear Kitty is straight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There should have been more scandal about the Utopia prison.
    Empath was put in prison, and blind, even though the reason why he did bad things is he was brainwashed and sexually abused by Madelyne Pryor.
    Scalphunter, who had stopped being evil and worked in a food truck, or Shaw (who was later kidnapped by Emma and abandoned in Central Asia with his memories deleted), had no business being in the virtual reality prison of Danger.

For me that is the only really bad thing Cyclops did. BTW, Magik gave Empath back his sight.

Incredible Member

Even if Magik "came out", how would she handle being in a relationship? She has zero experiences in relationships and even if she's a young adult, she's probably partially trapped in her childhood more or less because Limbo robbed away a good chunk of her childhood.

If Magik does end up in a relationship, my guess is she would act clingy and possessive long term.
    Last edited by 244; 06-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

I think if, say, Matt Rosenberg or Brian Michael Bendis wrote it, it would be fascinating. If Marc Guggenheim wrote it . . .

Incredible Member

I think if, say, Matt Rosenberg or Brian Michael Bendis wrote it, it would be fascinating. If Marc Guggenheim wrote it . . .
    I'd rather see Christ Yost write Magik again. He really seems to have a good handle on her character.

I'm not a fan of Rosenberg's Magik. She feels one-note. Also, I disagree with the description of Magik being "goth".
    Last edited by 244; 06-21-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't want Magik to get into a relationship unless she gets a solo. Otherwise it runs the risk of taking over her character.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I'd rather see Christ Yost write Magik again.
    I would also like to see Chris Yost write Magik again.