Page 287 of 327 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4900

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    I`m thrilled, but I feel sorry for fans of the other new New Mutants. This is supposed to be a team mini, right? It's unfair that Magik gets all the love. I hope this isn't another Gold situation.
    The only other new mutant on the team is Wolfsbane who has been absent for years. Magik has been in the spotlight since AVX in 2012. Yes, that has dwindled a little this past year, but she was still used more than Wolfsbane and the other members on the team.

I would imagine Campbell & Brooks both chose what they wanted to do for their variant exclusives, and Magik is arguably going to sell better than the others.

Now if we had some other actual New Mutants on the team...Dani, Sam, Roberto...Then yeah, the love could be spread out more.

Have ultra-swagger-mega-schemer-master-strategist Roberto start his own X-crops set up with his former classmates (Yana, X'ian, Dani, Doug, Warlock, Rahne) and revisit their PREVIOUS (and IMHO, totally rad) mission statement of cleaning up loose ends and unfinished business. I'd love to see them do some espionage style missions, like what Rogue and Gambit are doing in their solo, and some infiltration stuff and take advantage of how bad ass Dani is with all her previous SHIELD training etc. And of course, Illyana would play a pivotal role.

And throw in Monet St.Croix because I love her and I'd love for she and Roberto to find romance together. Plus she and Rahne now have history together.

BANNED

Didn't Rosenberg say that each issue would put the main focus on a different member of the cast?

Magik gets all the retailer variants (emphasis on retailer, which means they get to commision what's on the cover) because she's far and away the most popular member of the cast. All the Gold variants from when it launched had Storm on it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Why does she has two Soulswords? Does this mean she has two souls?
    She had two swords in Bachalo's design, the big anime one and a smaller more traditional one (I think she appeared with both on the cover of Uncanny X-Men #4)

BANNED

Dead Souls #3 cover:

Third Brooks variant:

Just wanted to thank everyone in this massive thread for the wealth of information and passion. I had been out of the loop for a while, and for those who don't really know where to look for new comics info, Googling is an impossible task for any character that spends time swapping titles as often as Magik seems to.

Needless to say, thanks to this thread I'm caught up and looking forward to Dead Souls and whatever may come next.

As for the ever classic costume debate... my all time fave will always be Exiles:

Exiles_Vol_1_26_Textless.jpg

Illyana DOES look tremendous in RED.

BANNED

She should have a red cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She should have a red cloak.
    My guess is that she starts the day wearing one, but by the time the day rolls around and she's swinging that sword around it ends up getting caught on something and shredded. I mean, it's possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Why does she has two Soulswords? Does this mean she has two souls?
    Weird.
    This cover is so gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    The only other new mutant on the team is Wolfsbane who has been absent for years. Magik has been in the spotlight since AVX in 2012. Yes, that has dwindled a little this past year, but she was still used more than Wolfsbane and the other members on the team.

I would imagine Campbell & Brooks both chose what they wanted to do for their variant exclusives, and Magik is arguably going to sell better than the others.

Now if we had some other actual New Mutants on the team...Dani, Sam, Roberto...Then yeah, the love could be spread out more.
    thats not true. To be fair Boom Boom and Rictor WERE also New Mutants. That era always gets forgotten/ignored when it comes to any NM nostalgia and/or reunions. Not that Ive ever complained bc thats when things went downhill. Strong Guy is the only one without any previous association with the team. His inclusion makes this book look more like an X-Factor reunion than New Mutants

Astonishing Member

Strong Guy is in the book because what happened with him, Rahne and her son Tier (Guido killed him), will be treated in the book. I hope for a resurrection but don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Strong Guy is in the book because what happened with him, Rahne and her son Tier (Guido killed him), will be treated in the book. I hope for a resurrection but don't think so.
    He doesnt need to be in this book and that X-factor plot doesnt need to be addressed here. Thats not NM centric at all and takes away from what is already a short reunion. It seems inappropriate and odd especially since this was originally intended to coincide with the NM movie, but lacks synergy with it as its not capitalizing on the classic team which will be showcased there

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    That's why I said the new New Mutants. If this book is called the New Mutants, the team is called the New Mutants regardless of who was on the team the first time. The others are still characters in this book even if they weren't in Claremont's book.