Page 94 of 327 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4900
    Incredible Member

Convention sketch of Magik by Frazer Irving. Magik is looking pretty "Dormmamu-y" here...

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    The Magik thread might be a little quieter recently because many seem quite happy with her recent developments. Also, she won character of the year!

I still believe that she is one of the few X-Men who could successfully star in a solo series.

The Eye of Agamotto theory is an awesome one which could likely happen. I am also excited for the Avenger's World issue next month! I wonder how the reunion with Sam and Bobby will go. They seem friendly from the previews.
    Magik won character of the year? Where? On this forum for 2014? Sweet. You go girl. Everyone loves magik! Spread the love. (Ironically Magik would probably cringe from all the feels from her fans.)

She did! Someone also mentioned that many of her fans in this thread did not vote and she still won!

I am sure all of you know the news about Bendis leaving. Where do you think he will leave Magik? He specifically discusses her in an interview!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59025

She did! Someone also mentioned that many of her fans in this thread did not vote and she still won!

I am sure all of you know the news about Bendis leaving. Where do you think he will leave Magik? He specifically discusses her in an interview!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59025
    A few of us Cyke fans voted for her. Scott may be my favorite, but I can't deny how awesome Yana was last year. Hope she keeps it up after the writer switch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I hope so as well! I am wondering what her role post-Secret Wars will be. Bendis discussed plots with Dr. Strange and monster hunting as plots outside the X-Men. He also had that page in All-New X-Men #25 where she was "pursuing other destinies". Anyone think she might move to the magic/horror side of Marvel?

Also, I have noticed that many Cyclops fans like her role on the team. Many Nightcrawler fans seem to enjoy her also!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    A few of us Cyke fans voted for her. Scott may be my favorite, but I can't deny how awesome Yana was last year. Hope she keeps it up after the writer switch.
    Magik was easily my favourite thing about Uncanny... even more than Cyclops! I definitely voted for her in the poll and I'm glad she came out on top!
    As for her role post-Bendis... I can only hope that the numerous portents regarding her death/suicide will now be as null and void as Limbo is. She's always been a fan favourite but now even more so. Losing her again would be a genuine travesty especially since we finally got Jean back as Jeen and Nightcrawler back, too. I wouldn't mind her stepping out of the flagship book spotlight if it meant continuing to get great stories about her. A new Excalibur with her and Kitty and Rachel et al would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

I hope so as well! I am wondering what her role post-Secret Wars will be. Bendis discussed plots with Dr. Strange and monster hunting as plots outside the X-Men. He also had that page in All-New X-Men #25 where she was "pursuing other destinies". Anyone think she might move to the magic/horror side of Marvel?

Also, I have noticed that many Cyclops fans like her role on the team. Many Nightcrawler fans seem to enjoy her also!
    I've always thought that out of all the x-men, it's Magik who could have made the jump to the non-mutant side of the M.U. All her powers aren't based on an x-gene. She has a ton of rouges and her own realm all to herself. Being a hell lord also means the scope of her stories can/should be really grand.

In fact, stories involving humans who hate mutants seem beneath Magik. She has bigger things to worry about. One friend of mine asked me, if she has her own realm and she defeated Dormammu one on one, why the hell is she worried about shield or the purifiers. She's a freaking hell lord....I guess that's why they depowered her on earth. She can't be walking around fully powered chasing down purifiers. It would look stupid.

Do we know if the Limbo part of battle world belongs to Magik?
    Last edited by chisob; 02-04-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

IGN has a 'vote for your favorite X-Man' thing. Magik seems to be getting 50% in most of the matchups I've seen so far.

http://www.ign.com/face-off/x-men

Bendis is a huge advocate for Magik, so the news of his departure worried me at first. However, I think he has done such a great job with her over the last couple years, that other writers will want to write her.

Out all the merry mutants in the marvel universe, she was one of the three main cast members of the flagship X-Men book. Her popularity has risen so much that she is starting to be featured in other forms of media (a new Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro, a playable character in Contest of Champions, a new Kotobukiya statue).

I am confident Magik will still be a main player after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    IGN has a 'vote for your favorite X-Man' thing. Magik seems to be getting 50% in most of the matchups I've seen so far.

http://www.ign.com/face-off/x-men
    I could do a thing like this all day! I'm going to vote until I see Kitty and Magik. Do the results go anywhere?

Flickchart is a fun website too but it doesn't work on my KindleFire
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I could do a thing like this all day! I'm going to vote until I see Kitty and Magik. Do the results go anywhere?

Flickchart is a fun website too but it doesn't work on my KindleFire
    I clicked through that sooo many times and Magik was the only New Mutant who didn't come up. Very annoying.

I did manage to accidentally vote for Skrullverine a few times though. lol
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I clicked through that sooo many times and Magik was the only New Mutant who didn't come up. Very annoying.

I did manage to accidentally vote for Skrullverine a few times though. lol
    oh really? I keep getting Magik up against some heavy hitters. The main problem is that most results are essentially 50/50
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Bendis is a huge advocate for Magik, so the news of his departure worried me at first. However, I think he has done such a great job with her over the last couple years, that other writers will want to write her.

Out all the merry mutants in the marvel universe, she was one of the three main cast members of the flagship X-Men book. Her popularity has risen so much that she is starting to be featured in other forms of media (a new Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro, a playable character in Contest of Champions, a new Kotobukiya statue).

I am confident Magik will still be a main player after Secret Wars.
    I believe she will also! Anyone see the newly announced DC titles? Take a look at Constantine: The Hellblazer by Ming Doyle and Riley Rossmo! I could see Magik getting a solo series with a similar tone!

She does need to get her own enemies. I was a Magik fan from her New Mutant days, but her taking down Dr Strange's arch-enemy as a power feat is something I wince at as a Strange fan. Beating up other heroes' nemesis in order to boost a character's rep is something I really don't like. Magik has enough going for her not to have to resort to that kind of tactic, imo. She could do with some movie exposure, though I guess that could be said of most heroes these days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    She does need to get her own enemies. I was a Magik fan from her New Mutant days, but her taking down Dr Strange's arch-enemy as a power feat is something I wince at as a Strange fan. Beating up other heroes' nemesis in order to boost a character's rep is something I really don't like. Magik has enough going for her not to have to resort to that kind of tactic, imo. She could do with some movie exposure, though I guess that could be said of most heroes these days.
    Dormammu doesn't strictly bother Dr. Strange. At times other heroes will have to fight him beyond Strange.

Powerful hell lords/demons in Marvel battle Strange, Thor, the Scarlet Witch and now Magik. Nothing odd or strange to understand about that. Both Strange and the X-Men have dealt with Cytorrak. Loki and the Enchantress have battled Thor, the Avengers,and the X-Men. The X-Men and Avengers have fought Apocalypse.

The sign of a major A list villain is that they can threaten various heroes.

With that said, with the renewed attention Fox is giving X-men I am confident she will get movie exposure.