Page 101 of 327 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4900
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Nope. Bendis said to someone on tumblr read uncanny #600
    The question was specifically if Magik, Kitty, And Colossus are going to meat up, but Magik reuniting with her brother Colossus is crucial to her character at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Our Limbo Queen will be in GIANT-SIZE LITTLE MARVEL: AVX #1.

I just love the way Skottie Young draws her!
    Fun! Also found some interior previews...

tumblr_nkz0nkQo171qes700o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkz0q8Zizl1qes700o1_1280.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Didn't Magik turned her back on Limbo already, or is this an alt.version?

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Didn't Magik turned her back on Limbo already, or is this an alt.version?
    It's Scottie Young's X-Babies version. Whatever bits of history work for the joke are what any of them have - dialed up to 11 if need be.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's Scottie Young's X-Babies version. Whatever bits of history work for the joke are what any of them have - dialed up to 11 if need be.
    I have to be honest: I was giving like a "trollish" question and expecting a complicated answer, so I apologize for my attempt to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I have to be honest: I was giving like a "trollish" question and expecting a complicated answer, so I apologize for my attempt to everyone.
    I can't ascribe complicated motives to Marvel's current writers, at least not the ones they allow near the X-books nowadays.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

(Revised, but mostly cross posted from the UXM #31 thread.)

Did Bendis create Eva just so that he could use Magik's powerset to do something morally unacceptable, but which Bendis thought was cool?

Magik clearly has the ability to alter the timestream (unmaking Kulan Gath's twisted Manhatten, and restoring AoA), but she had generally been shown to be unwilling to alter most 'natural' events, including the Mutant Masacre, Doug's death, and various others (although since her souless reanimation she did a fair amount of manipulation 'offscreen' to obliterate the Elder Gods, and possibly also playing the Serpent, Cyttorak, Dormammu, and the Phoenix Force just to give Piotr some empathy for his no longer 'Little' Snowflake.)

However, after Zeb Wells' run, Bendis seemed to decide to make Magik "The Nice One", finally apprenticing her to Strange, and generally allowing her to find the peace that has so long eluded her since she was first abducted by Belasco.

But Bendis apparently feverishly came up with so many time travel scenarios during his life that he decided to incorporate *ALL* of them into his X-title run, using Beast and Eva to take the Karmic burden of creative screwing around with the timeline, sparing his redeemed version of Magik (only to die by suicide, Demon Gods, Malloy, or Beyonder, but relatively clean.)

Questions?
    Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Looks great! I saw the full preview pages and I love the major attention Illyana is receiving. I didn't care for the last baby issue, but with Illyana getting major panel time, I cannot resist!

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    (Revised, but mostly cross posted from the UXM #31 thread.)

Did Bendis create Eva just so that he could use Magik's powerset to do something morally unacceptable, but which Bendis thought was cool?

Magik clearly has the ability to alter the timestream (unmaking Kulan Gath's twisted Manhatten, and restoring AoA), but she had generally been shown to be unwilling to alter most 'natural' events, including the Mutant Masacre, Doug's death, and various others (although since her souless reanimation she did a fair amount of manipulation 'offscreen' to obliterate the Elder Gods, and possibly also playing the Serpent, Cyttorak, Dormammu, and the Phoenix Force just to give Piotr some empathy for his no longer 'Little' Snowflake.)

However, after Zeb Wells' run, Bendis seemed to decide to make Magik "The Nice One", finally apprenticing her to Strange, and generally allowing her to find the peace that has so long eluded her since she was first abducted by Belasco.

But Bendis apparently feverishly came up with so many time travel scenarios during his life that he decided to incorporate *ALL* of them into his X-title run, using Beast and Eva to take the Karmic burden of creative screwing around with the timeline, sparing his redeemed version of Magik (only to die by suicide, Demon Gods, Malloy, or Beyonder, but relatively clean.)

Questions?
    Comments?
    I highly doubt that. Bendis comes across as a writer who comes up with his plotlines last minute and doesn't plan ahead. Besides, what Eva did was something that needed to be done as the last resort. All the X-Men before her did almost everything to help and prevent Matthew.

Did anyone check out the cover for Inferno #2? Colossus is holding the soulsword, which is similar to the Colossus from the future. Could this Colossus be 616 trying to sdave an alternate version? Also, I am concerned for 616 Magik! There were many hints concerning her possible death during the current run. I hope that her popularity among readers and creators keep her around after Secret Wars.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    Did anyone check out the cover for Inferno #2? Colossus is holding the soulsword, which is similar to the Colossus from the future. Could this Colossus be 616 trying to sdave an alternate version? Also, I am concerned for 616 Magik! There were many hints concerning her possible death during the current run. I hope that her popularity among readers and creators keep her around after Secret Wars.
    It's probably an artist's mistake the way the soulsword was drawn. Dennis Hopeless stated that his "Inferno" storyline is a "What If...?" scenario and that it takes place five years after Limbo was merged with earth story-wise. So it should be self-contained in other words.

I hope Bendis has a Magik-centric miniseries for "Secret Wars". There's the subplot such as Limbo's energies being inside of Magik and also her training under the past Dr. Strange and it seems to suggest something major is going to happen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

I highly doubt that. Bendis comes across as a writer who comes up with his plotlines last minute and doesn't plan ahead. Besides, what Eva did was something that needed to be done as the last resort. All the X-Men before her did almost everything to help and prevent Matthew.
    I politely and modestly disagree. They have these massive summits for a reason, and the writers would have to determine key players to their stories early on. Marvel isn't gonna let their writers, however favored they may be, just say "I'm gonna wing it". I don't believe "I'm gonna do a time travel story and Eva is gonna undo it all" would be sufficient.

Bendis has stated a few times that he does enjoy writing Illyana and that she was an obvious choice for allowing a deeper interconnectivity with the greater MU by way of Doctor Strange. I think he simply had certain plans for certain characters, despite their respective power sets. If he DID actually take her previous storylines (Wells's arc specficially) into account then I say BRAVO.

Part 1