Page 102 of 327 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4900
    Incredible Member

Does anyone recognize a title and issue with Magik saying to Spiderman, "And get his cooties on my SoulSword?"
    (I saw the panel on a YouTube video tribute to Magik.)

My best guess is some issue of the new Spider/X-Men title, but I'm not sure. I'm a Magik completist, so I wanted to track it down.

Extraordinary Member

It's from Exiles. They went to a timeline where Kulan Gath won and that universe's version of Illyana helped them stop him.

Esad Ribic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's from Exiles. They went to a timeline where Kulan Gath won and that universe's version of Illyana helped them stop him.
    I just picked up those three issues from my comic shop.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What did you think of Exiles Magik? I know she appeared between the large gap that 616 Magik was absent for, but most fans I have spoke to were largely unimpressed with her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What did you think of Exiles Magik? I know she appeared between the large gap that 616 Magik was absent for, but most fans I have spoke to were largely unimpressed with her.
    I own a scattering of Exiles Magik, and just picked up 3 more today, and am interested mostly from a "completist" perspective. At the time Exiles came out I decided to skip it, given that she wasn't the "real" Illyana (for that matter I don't consider the current to be the "real" Illyana, but rather v2.0), but I'm willing to buy them now to "fill in the gaps". The issues I currently have show a woman not particularly burdened by the responsibility of great dark power, but rather a fairly self-centered and short sighted individual with neither gravitas, nor a sense of fun, which are two aspects that always drew me to her original run (I really wanted to see the Avengers' underware drawers switched, and think she should have returned the defeated Dr. Strange to AvX naked and clean shaven!-)

And speaking of fun and dark burdens, Magik had both in several great panels in today's issues of Black Vortex, zipping around with Rocket Racoon, and the Cosmically Enhanced Beast and Gamora. For that matter, in UXM #32, she had the most rational reaction I saw anyone have to Scott's announcement, namely to grab Kitty and teleport to the next issue, "Kitty and Magik: Monster Hunters"

Incredible Member

I thought it was a good how Magik was able to relate to Gamora's current predicament from "Guardians of the Galaxy" #25 relating to "overwhelming power" and how it changes a person. Magik became a "demon" because of demonic power.

Magik from Star-Lord #10...
    ill1.jpg
    I love Paco Medina. Pity he's no longer doing an X-title.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Anyone read the news? Kieron Gillen will be writing Magik again!

He talks about the characters in the third link. Illyana will be using a "colossus" as a steer/transport!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...in-secret-wars

http://www.newsarama.com/23970-kiero...ith-siege.html

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24352/...pondence_siege
    Last edited by Magik Man; 03-30-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This what UXM should've been about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    Anyone read the news? Kieron Gillen will be writing Magik again!

He talks about the characters in the third link. Illyana will be using a "colossus" as a steer/transport!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...in-secret-wars

http://www.newsarama.com/23970-kiero...ith-siege.html

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24352/...pondence_siege
    It's probably a "Magik" from a different reality...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    It's probably a "Magik" from a different reality...
    Gillen is father of 'there are no snowflakes in hell' Illyana. I'm down with that.

Default Stepping Disc Appreciation

magik stepping disc1.jpg
    Though my appreciation of the visual of Illyana's Stepping Discs generally focuses on them being existing pools of light (horizontal, not vertical), every once in awhile I like to see Magik creating a teleportation circle herself.
    The less "Stargate", the better though, still.

Valerio Schiti's depiction of Illyana transporting a large radius of companions in Guardians of the Galaxy #24 suits me just fine as one of the exceptions.
    magik stepping disk.jpg

What's your favorite stepping disc imagery?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    magik stepping disc1.jpg
    Though my appreciation of the visual of Illyana's Stepping Discs generally focuses on them being existing pools of light (horizontal, not vertical), every once in awhile I like to see Magik creating a teleportation circle herself.
    The less "Stargate", the better though, still.

Valerio Schiti's depiction of Illyana transporting a large radius of companions in Guardians of the Galaxy #24 suits me just fine as one of the exceptions.
    magik stepping disk.jpg

What's your favorite stepping disc imagery?
    As long as it's not floating demonic skulls, that's fine.
    Last edited by 244; 03-30-2015 at 11:59 PM.