Page 282 of 327 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4900

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She really a grown up now LOL

Who can blame her?

the love of her life is just marrying and the guy is her brother. a double blow

I think new mutants is a flashback
    to when? Guido never served as a member. Illyana was already deaged by the time Rictor and Boom Boom joined. It doesnt fit even if they were gonna go for some lost tale approach

YEAH...NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Magik by Adam Gorham...

https://twitter.com/AdamTGorham?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I have defended Gorham's work in the past, but....yikes, not a fan!

That hair is not flattering
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Would anyone else like Magik to join a new X-force? I like her as an X-man, but she seems like a great fit for X-force and would give that team a different powerset that's not just claws and healing factor.
    If the players were all in the right place, I'd love to see an iteration of X-Force identify Darkchilde as a threat and try to neutralize her...only to have Illyana summarily trounce all of them before reassuring them that she's on the right side of the game. Perhaps the time for a story like that would have been when she initially returned and/or when Wolverine's Kill Squad was still around...but dare to dream.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.

It looks like she's not slept for weeks either - probably busy plotting how to ruin the wedding of the century...

Darkchylde? Demon Army? Inferno II?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

New Mutants is not a flashback.

It all comes down to artist interpretation. Stegman sees Magik as an adult, Gorham sees Magik as a meth head.

Joking aside, I think Gorham has done a good job with Illyana and her "new & improved " hair. However, there have been a few questionable pieces, like this one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she looks like a recovering coke addict
    Who could blame her? Her life was a wreak!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I'm not currently buying XMG, but I will pick up the Cruel and Unusual arc. I suspect Illyana's role in the "starting lineup" is temporary and will end after the main cast gets of prison in issue 26.
    I hope she remains, the book would be better with Magik included in the regular team roster. I'm not a Kitty/Magik shipper, but I enjoy the close friendship.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkBrook...61129416503297

Mark Brooks teasing covers for a Magik solo? He’s not solicited for any Dead Souls variants.
    Wow, that is a very talented guy. I am not familiar (I think) with Mark Brooks, but he would be amazing on an X-book with Magik!

Its good to see her looking healthy and off the stuff.

Love the sword.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Tabby's skirt tho. Unfff.

Gorham's Magik looks fine but the issue is he draws her with her hair behind her ears which is NOT a good look.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Tabby's skirt tho. Unfff.

Gorham's Magik looks fine but the issue is he draws her with her hair behind her ears which is NOT a good look.
    Yeah, agree with that hair assessment. Love the armour here on Illyana, and hooray for more Guido and Rahne.

WTF is with that skirt though. Skintight bodysuit to pleated skirt is not a viable transition and it looks awful.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Rhane will be dealing with what happened in New Tian and all...and yeah perhaps they're not allowing Tabitha to grow up or stay grown up as by now she wouldn't be a kid or teen anymore...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    New Mutants is not a flashback.

It all comes down to artist interpretation. Stegman sees Magik as an adult, Gorham sees Magik as a meth head.

Joking aside, I think Gorham has done a good job with Illyana and her "new & improved " hair. However, there have been a few questionable pieces, like this one.
    How old is Magik supposed to be? What was she 15-16 when was....well, whatever exactly happened to that version of her from New Mutants. The young "de-aged" was another version of her, so how does our version of Magik, now intact, fall in terms of age? Wouldn't she be a teenager still...tops 18-19?

That art is weird. For real, are they trying to botch sales by making her look demented and ugly? I was actually fine with the progression to her growing out her bangs. Preferred it given that bangs are more dated. Anyhow, this artist sucks.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Love the sword.
    Ditto. Finally looks cool again. That oversized sword was a joke