Page 315 of 327 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 4900
    Incredible Member

Recent Illyana Sighting:

X-Men Blue #35 has a pretty good two-page spread of Illyana.

spoilers:
    She is in Darkchilde form fighting for control of Limbo against Demon-Beast, who is serving as Lieutenant of the Goblin Queen.

Unlike many recent Magik appearances, she could not have been replaced by any other character, and she's using her powers at a high level (Limbo & background demons look pretty good too.)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by G0RM; 09-18-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol that was almost verbatim what I said to Gorham a couple weeks ago. I love his Yana.
    Same. I didn't like her at the first time but damn, she was so badass and so Illyana to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I think Magik sacrificed herself to separate Limbo from Earth. And as a "parting gift", left her family and friends with her original 6 year old self before she was corrupted by Belasco.

However, this is the fun thing about comics...One story can be interpreted many different ways. Just from this thread alone, I know people have their own interpretations and ideas of who Illyana is...

Is the current Magik the original Illyana or just a carbon copy created by Belasco who stole Illyana's soul?

Is Illyana a teenager, a young adult, or ageless?

Is Illyana straight, gay, or asexual? Is her true love Kitty Pryde?

When it comes down to it, everyone has a different idea of who Illyana is, and I think that is pretty cool & something sort of unique to this character.

Just for the record, my Illyana is the original. A young adult. And she is NOT Kitty's soulmate
    I have the same questions

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    There's also the inexplicable mummified corpse wearing the Beatrice Medallion that was found by Project Purgatory. I have no explanation for her, although theoretically that could be the body of 1.0 after dying of Legacy, if "Truth or Death" is canon.

(Belasco could also have tried a few times to make the flesh-golem 2.0, sacrificing each mod for the next 1.8, 1.9, 1.9.3a etc... BTW is "Little Snowflake's" body still in her coffin, or did Belasco rob her grave, if the essence of her left in Limbo was insufficient, or he wanted a corpse to animate.)
    Yes. How has the above not ever been addressed in these books? I want answers, too. Ha!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Yes. How has the above not ever been addressed in these books? I want answers, too. Ha!
    I think Zeb Wells' Magik arc was the best thing Illyana has been in since her origin miniseries, so although I can't explain the blond mummy, I completely accept it, even if it means bad news. I also accept that it is important, rather than a throw away plot element (after all, the Limbo Babies returned, and like the space suit and rifle, there are always endless stories in Magik's saga.)

Now what happened with Dormammu...
    That's something I'd like see explained.

(In my head canon, she knighted Dormammu as "Protector of the Splinter Realms", making him beholden to her as a vassal, something that would be self consistent & fairly binding, if you've read Dormy''s story all the way back to the Ditko era.)

I've heard that the Marvel Legends Magik has been spotted at Walgreens. I've looked at two nearby stores and didn't see it. Anyone find it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Magik 2.0 is possibly hundreds of years old having replayed the Elder Wars obsessively until she came down to zero X-Mutant casualties (the X-Babies & Project Purgatory weren't so lucky.)

My head canon is that Illyana 2.0 is like Bill Murray''s character from "Groundhog Day", and continued to replay & warp time and manipulate people until at least the Dormammu fight, when she started to become the 'Nice One' after she began apprenticing to at least one cross-time Dr Strange.

From the instant she defeated Belasco at the end of Magik&Storm, Illyana 1.0 became a "Hell Lord", an immortal, unkillable being bound to her Splinter Realm.

In the same way Dormammu, Belasco, Mephisto, Cytorrak and others are unaging and return from any & all deaths, Magik can't die or kill herself (see her encounter with Enchantress, how she couldn't be aged or killed.)

Illyana 2.0 might be centuries old, alienated from humanity that seem like ants, but self-exiled 1.0 might be millenia old, like Immortus, ruling over uncountable burned out Earths.
    Belasco isn't immortal as he was killed by Magik. Who won control from Limbo from him again. I agree so long as someone rules a hell realm they are immortal. The other hell lords do return from any and all deaths, but Belasco had a particular vulnerability. Soulswords.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenlore View Post
    I've heard that the Marvel Legends Magik has been spotted at Walgreens. I've looked at two nearby stores and didn't see it. Anyone find it?
    In Canada.
    November is the month for USA, at least that's what I heard.

Amazing Member

Walgreens is in Canada?

I had read people have been finding her on the east coast. Once she pops up on walgreen's website, that will be a good indication that she is starting to ship to most US locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    Walgreens is in Canada?
    Idk, I'm not from USA or Canada. But a lot of canadians already have the figure.
    Last edited by Magik; 10-01-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Awesome news. I thought I had heard she wouldn't be showing up until 2019 in stores, but this proves me wrong. I've been in Walgreens in Boston, Minneapolis, and Austin in the last few weeks and have not seen her but will keep you all posted at what I see!

Mighty Member

For those interested in tracking down the Magik figure, here's a link to a FWOOSH thread on the figure. People often identify where they're finding the figure.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...fc70b&start=45

First look of What If… Magik in NYCC:

OMG

Amazing Member

in case anyone was looking for the difference between SDCC exclusive Magik and Walgreens Magik...
    52EAFEC6-2D78-4478-88E4-663E20C52CEB.jpg
    Edit: Er, Walgreens on the right, SDCC on left