Page 9 of 327 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Oh how I wish Kurt and Illyana had a mini-series involving the Soulsword - Kurt cutting away his ties to Margali and Amanda Sefton...Magik redefining her soul by way of helping Kurt rekindle his own. Plus, they're both skilled with swords, teleportation and share unique experiences/knowledge about the Mystic...about Limbo and the 'nowhere's" between heaven and hell, life and death, past and present and good and evil.

This is great post chisob and really great general discussion about Illyana's 'powers' by all the thread regulars
    I've said it before, but sincerely, this is one of the best character appreciation threads and that's in part because Magik is so incredible - but it's even more so because of the incredible stewards of these discussions! It seems there's rarely a consensus when it comes to pinning Illyana into any general categories, but not matter what's being discussed, there's always passionate, smart and creative posts that all add to a deeper appreciation for this amazing heroine.
    This is a great idea for a mini.

o

Spectacular Member

Regarding her fight vs the Limbo babies, she might have just lost on purpose. She wanted them to release the Elder gods after all...she manipulated everyone (friend and foe) in that story arc. Just like fear itself, she never even tried using the Soul Sword vs Kuurth, she just went directly to Cytorrak to play her brother. With time travel she must know how a lot of events playout.

That's another reason i love Magik, you never really know what fully goes on inside that head of hers. She is also one of the smartest and strategic thinking X-men around.
    Last edited by chisob; 05-04-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Poor Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    Regarding her fight vs the Limbo babies, she might have just lost on purpose. She wanted them to release the Elder gods after all...she manipulated everyone (friend and foe) in that story arc. Just like fear itself, she never even tried using the Soul Sword vs Kuurth, she just went directly to Cytorrak to play her brother. With time travel she must know how a lot of events playout.

That's another reason i love Magik, you never really know what fully goes on inside that head of hers. She is also one of the smartest and strategic thinking X-men around.
    Wells' New Mutants run was one of my favorites of all X-Men comics. His Magik was spectacular.

Extraordinary Member

So what do you think about her Lightchilde version? She seems to change into a being of pure magical energy. Is that a mode beyond even Darkchilde? Regarding her fight vs the Limbo babies, she might have just lost on purpose. She wanted them to release the Elder gods after all..

The 'Lightchild' is just Rahne's name for what happened the moment she sacrificed herself. It implies that her soul is 100% pure at the time, so by definition those images cannot be of the 'Lightchild.' She also still has the tail and the goat legs in that form. If there is a Lightchild form, she only achieved it for a few seconds at most right before disappearing.

That glowing energy form is most likely Simonsen's version of her fully powered Darkchild form, as it was heavily implied throughout the arc that she was still holding back up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowlman View Post
    Wells' New Mutants run was one of my favorites of all X-Men comics. His Magik was spectacular.
    Agreed! I loved how much focus he gave Illyana. Unfortunately I stopped reading it once Magik left. I read the last couple issues of the series because I saw The Hellions were returning, but I wasn't too impressed.

Possible previews of Magik in the upcoming Anka drawn issues of Uncanny...

040.jpg

046.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Possible previews of Magik in the upcoming Anka drawn issues of Uncanny...

040.jpg

046.jpg
    I think they're just commissions. If not, they're probably from an "Original Sin" tie-in for Uncanny X-men.
    Last edited by 244; 05-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.

From Bendis' Tumblr...

Anonymous asked: Any chances of Magik and Colossus meeting up and settling their issues soon?

Bendis' Response:

I believe this is the cover to Uncanny X-Men # 23. So not too far off now...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    From Bendis' Tumblr...

Anonymous asked: Any chances of Magik and Colossus meeting up and settling their issues soon?

Bendis' Response:

I believe this is the cover to Uncanny X-Men # 23. So not too far off now...
    I'm gonna be depressed if Colossus still hates her and reveals on what happened between them from Gillen's UXN #18, and it doesn't help that it's part of the "Original Sin" tie-in. I hope I'm wrong. I guess the good thing is Illyana realized she really screwed up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I'm gonna be depressed if Colossus still hates her and reveals on what happened between them from Gillen's UXN #18, and it doesn't help that it's part of the "Original Sin" tie-in. I hope I'm wrong. I guess the good thing is Illyana realized she really screwed up.
    Have they met since Gillen's run? Is there any reason for him to stop hating her? I am curious if anyone knows what she did to him. I wonder what Scott's and her teammates reaction to this will be.

Have they met since Gillen's run? Is there any reason for him to stop hating her? I am curious if anyone knows what she did to him. I wonder what Scott's and her teammates reaction to this will be.
    Gillen's run was the last time they saw each other.

Illyana did run into a future version of her brother in BOTA. He was carrying her soul sword & very happy to see her, so they obviously worked things out before she died in that future.

As far as I am aware, no one besides Magik & Colossus knows what happened between them when she freed him of the Juggernaut.

Incredible Member

Does anyone else have comments about "Original Sin", the Mindless Ones, and Magik?

Since she absorbed Limbo, the Mindless Ones that were there would be inside her now, but if any were still back in the Dark Dimension, they might have been subverted.

The Hood was empowered by Dormammu for a period, so it's possible he's one of the group of looters commanding the Mindless Ones who stole from the Watcher, even if The Hood wasn't the shooter. (Plus "Eye of Watcher" is probably a more powerful spell component than 'eye of newt'!-)

I assume Magik will appear in the next issue to be questioned about the Mindless Ones, and "What Happened to Dormammu?" will certainly be a topic of conversation...

So what *does* everyone think happened to Dormammu?
    Did she try to kill him? Is she keeping his shrunken head in a pocket to use as a lighter?
    (She used present tense while speaking to Dr Strange about Dormammu, but that wasn't conclusive, time travel being complicated.)

Magik's first act as Ruler of Limbo was *not* to kill Belasco, which was all that allowed her to keep control of it. Other Storm made the mistake of killing Belasco after he had been defeated and was powerless, which corrupted her further, and put her under his power.

If there is some sort of "No Kill" policy regarding control of Limbo after duels with defeated opponents, there might be convoluted power dynamics going on.

Any other speculations regarding "Original Sin"?
    (I ask especially because there is a panel where the Black Panther is looking at a monitor that shows something like Magik riding the dragon she was on during the first iteration of the release of the Elder Gods, although the details are hard to make out even with a magnifying glass.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 05-08-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Does anyone else have comments about "Original Sin", the Mindless Ones, and Magik?

Since she absorbed Limbo, the Mindless Ones that were there would be inside her now, but if any were still back in the Dark Dimension, they might have been subverted.

The Hood was empowered by Dormammu for a period, so it's possible he's one of the group of looters commanding the Mindless Ones who stole from the Watcher, even if The Hood wasn't the shooter. (Plus "Eye of Watcher" is probably a more powerful spell component than 'eye of newt'!-)

I assume Magik will appear in the next issue to be questioned about the Mindless Ones, and "What Happened to Dormammu?" will certainly be a topic of conversation...

So what *does* everyone think happened to Dormammu?
    Did she try to kill him? Is she keeping his shrunken head in a pocket to use as a lighter?
    (She used present tense while speaking to Dr Strange about Dormammu, but that wasn't conclusive, time travel being complicated.)

Magik's first act as Ruler of Limbo was *not* to kill Belasco, which was all that allowed her to keep control of it. Other Storm made the mistake of killing Belasco after he had been defeated and was powerless, which corrupted her further, and put her under his power.

If there is some sort of "No Kill" policy regarding control of Limbo after duels with defeated opponents, there might be convoluted power dynamics going on.

Any other speculations regarding "Original Sin"?
    (I ask especially because there is a panel where the Black Panther is looking at a monitor that shows something like Magik riding the dragon she was on during the first iteration of the release of the Elder Gods, although the details are hard to make out even with a magnifying glass.)
    I think it's pretty much Bendis' call. He has specific ideas on where he's taking Magik.

I'm of the opinion that it's too good to be true if Magik did kill Dormammu. She chopped off his neck from their initial fight yet he still lives.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. Here's the videogame story I was working on a while back.

Black screen. A female voice speaks.

"My brother is a hero, an X-Man."

Image of an armored Colossus with a small, blonde girl on his shoulders, laughing.

"When I grow up, will I be shiny like you?" the girl asks.

"Is that what you want to be?" Colossus asks.

"I think I would look funny." The girl responds.

The image of the siblings slowly fades, and the female voice returns.

"I thought he could protect me from anything. That was before…"

Black screen. Sounds of a struggle. A little child screaming. Colossus yelling "Illyana!"

The sounds stop. An image of a face appears: a blonde teenage girl, with reddish skin, glowing white eyes, fangs, and two small horns on the forhead.

A male voice, like Christopher Lee, speaks softly as the face comes into view.

"My beautiful…Darkchild…"

The face disappears. Dramatic music. Titles appear.

X-MEN

MAGIK

The music stops as a scene begins.

The blonde woman hits the ground with a loud thump. She struggles to lift her head up. She is severely injured.

"Belasco…" she whispers, her face barely off the ground.

The camera pans around the brimstone room to the demon man sitting on a throne. He looks similar to the demonic female face from before and speaks with the same deep voice as before.

"Did you really think you could defy me, sorceress?" he spits in disgust.

The woman grunts painfully as she tries and fails to rise.

A large, purple dragon-like figure appears behind the throne.

"Shall S'ym dispose of her?" it asks.

"Not yet." Belasco answers. "I can think of a few uses for her before then."

Belasco looks beyond the sorceress. "You have done well, my apprentice."

The camera moves behind the sorceress, where a young man, normal looking except for his red medieval cloak, stands. He bows.

"I live to serve you, my lord."

Belasco smiles.

"The time is almost right for you to learn the darkest secrets of the arts arcane and achieve power beyond mortal comprehension. But first you must complete one final task."

"Name the challenge, my lord." the young man says eagerly. "I will be more than equal to it."

Belasco's smile widens.

"Destroy the sorceress Magik."

The young man looks incredulously at the woman on the floor.

"That would be an absurdly easy task at the moment, my lord."

Belasco begins to laugh.

"You believe this is Magik? This is a faker, an imposter, at best a fill in!

"No," Belasco says in a serious tone, "to prove yourself worthy of being my new apprentice, you must slay my old apprentice, the true Magik."

The young man smiles and bows. "Consider it done, my lord."

The camera closes in on the woman's face, which is worried.

"Illyana…" she whispers.