Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Personally I still think Liar Liar has alot of untapped potential and could work really well if used right. Toss her at Cassie, give Wonder Girl some more villains of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    While I'm happy these rogues have shown up in various forms, and you can check the Villians and the Rogue Gallery threads to prove that, is simply showing up adding value? I'm not saying it is or it isn't.
    I would say that just showing up does add slight value (reminding readers that, y'know, these characters exist), but even beyond that several of these villains have had major featured roles in various stories. Blue Snowman is VIP of 2021, with a couple stories as the lead villain and a few others as a supporting villain (and even the cameo one in the special last week). The Mask got a major revamp in Sensational, Gundra had a fantastic Agent of Peace story, and Paula von Gunther became Warmaster and wrangled up three other WW villains for a story arc in Orlando's run.

I don't think we can really sell them short just because some of them appeared in titles that aren't the main WW one (and let's be real, we're lucky to even have all these anthology/side stories). We are constantly asking for lesser-used rogues to be used in good, fun stories, and many creators are doing that now.

As for Max Lord, the main problem with him is that literally every box he checks off, Dr. Psycho does the same and more successfully as he has a legitimate history with WW since the 40's. If he is the big bad of this story, I'll be pretty sour (obviously I'll get over it, these are just comics), and there's no denying that Lord is now considered a WW rogue (and a pretty big one at that), but damned if I don't prefer Dr. Psycho in every way possible.

After reading Nubia 1, who do you think will bw the main villain of the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    After reading Nubia 1, who do you think will bw the main villain of the event?
    Whatever popped out of Dooms Doorway, I recon.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'd love for spoilers:
    Medusa and/or her sisters, maybe even Decay
    end of spoilers to headline the event as the primary antagonist, but I have a feeling it will be an assortment of creatures. A jailbreak of Doom's Doorway has so much potential.

spoilers:
    Ares's tree was also seen in Nubia #1, so it could be Deimos and Phobos are escaping.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd love for spoilers:
    Medusa and/or her sisters, maybe even Decay
    end of spoilers to headline the event as the primary antagonist, but I have a feeling it will be an assortment of creatures. A jailbreak of Doom's Doorway has so much potential.

spoilers:
    Ares's tree was also seen in Nubia #1, so it could be Deimos and Phobos are escaping.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If it is Medusa, maybe that's why Diana's eyes were bleeding. Since she might have to, you know, *pop*-'em out of her sockets or something.
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Having the main villain of Trial of the Amazons being a public domain character would be a huge mistake. That would further cheapen Wonder Woman's brand. It should be a villain who was specifically created to fight Diana.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

A Wonder event in 2022 is great new. But at the same time, it scares me that lord could be the main villain. We have had so many let downs. That it's hard to trust DC now. I need this even to use Diana's origibal villains. And serve as a way to expand the Wonder verse and its presence in the DCU at large.

The backup in the main book will be a leadup to Trial of The Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Having the main villain of Trial of the Amazons being a public domain character would be a huge mistake. That would further cheapen Wonder Woman's brand. It should be a villain who was specifically created to fight Diana.
    You do know that the Amazons themselves are public domain characters, right? This bias against public domain characters in a superhero property based on Greco-Roman mythology makes no sense and is based on a misplaced notion of what Wonder Woman's actual problem is.

Honestly, I totally understand that they're erasing Amazon's Attack from collective memory

I whish I could do the same

Incredible Member

Since we're getting a focus on the Amazon family next year, would anyone be interested in Hessia returning? I liked her in the Superman/Wonder Woman stories, and was wondering how she was received by the overall fandom?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Since we're getting a focus on the Amazon family next year, would anyone be interested in Hessia returning? I liked her in the Superman/Wonder Woman stories, and was wondering how she was received by the overall fandom?
    She gets a big meh for me. Especially since her role has basically been replaced in the public eye with Lynda Carter's Asteria (aka an Amazon who is in Man's World before Diana).

The one amazon I really want to see way more of is Euboea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I totally agree with you there.