Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wondergirl didn’t fail it was beautiful and intresting. It was also posting numbers better then WW has done herself in years. It had to transition into this crossover to be ready for the upcoming summer event.
    It should. It's a brand new #1 with top art.

Wondergirl didn’t fail it was beautiful and intresting. It was also posting numbers better then WW has done herself in years. It had to transition into this crossover to be ready for the upcoming summer event.
    It was cancelled at eight issues despite being solicited as ongoing. By this same logic, Jon Kent Son of Kal-El and Jace should have had their books cancelled to "transition" into Dark Crisis (lol).

It was also dull and it's writer/artist couldn't keep up with the schedule.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Most of those WW titles mentioned didn't even fail commercially. The new WG started to decline in sales pretty fast. Current WW still has had better sales than what yara showed at her peak. So.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It was cancelled at eight issues despite being solicited as ongoing. By this same logic, Jon Kent Son of Kal-El and Jace should have had their books cancelled to "transition" into Dark Crisis (lol).

This is exactly what I'm talking about, there was nothing "dull" about Wonder Girl but there's still an insistence by some to try and convince us that's the case. There's no way it could be called that with Yara's fiery personality and Joelle Jones' beautiful art, but for whatever reasons some are trying to make it a thing. That's why I say we're hard to please.

If you think Yara Flor threatens Wonder Woman just say that, but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's rain.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Most of those WW titles mentioned didn't even fail commercially. The new WG started to decline in sales pretty fast. Current WW still has had better sales than what yara showed at her peak. So.
    Hum what? That's not true at all but whatever.

And it's obvious that the delays are what killed it.

I'll never understand the hate for Yara Flor. The book had bad plot development but it was tons of fun and gave lots of love to Cassie Sandsmark too

Yeah I've enjoyed Yara. I just dislike that she has next to 0 connection to Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about, there was nothing "dull" about Wonder Girl but there's still an insistence by some to try and convince us that's the case. There's no way it could be called that with Yara's fiery personality and Joelle Jones' beautiful art, but for whatever reasons some are trying to make it a thing. That's why I say we're hard to please.
    You did not find the book dull. I did. I shared my opinion, not trying to convince anyone of anything.

As I said, it's a matter of preference.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hum what? That's not true at all but whatever.

And it's obvious that the delays are what killed it.

I'll never understand the hate for Yara Flor. The book had bad plot development but it was tons of fun and gave lots of love to Cassie Sandsmark too
    It is true. Did yara had sales as good as WW with the trasdes from Truth and Lies for example? or her anniversary issue. Or Historia, or the novel by warbringer? The truth is she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It is true. Did yara had sales as good as WW with the trasdes from Truth and Lies for example? or her anniversary issue. Or Historia, or the novel by warbringer? The truth is she didn't.
    We have no idea how many issues she sold bro. DC doesn't reveal numbers anymore. What we know is that she was outselling Wonder Woman when it came out (which yes is to be expected from a new series, and I'm not dissing Wonder Woman)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

That really wasn't on the artist though. That was TPTB meddling, going back on their word, and interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    That really wasn't on the artist though. That was TPTB meddling, going back on their word, and interfering.
    ...what was their word?

Okay, let's watch it with the gatekeeping style posts.

Everyone's opinion (so long as it is presented in a civil manner) is welcome here.

If you disagree with someone, that's fine, but no one should be declaring another person's opinion as invalid just because it conflicts with your own.

You may love a story, someone else may hate a story and that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. Declaring that only chocolate is good, or that if you don't like vanilla then you're not really a fan is not wanted here or anywhere else on the forum for that matter.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Alright everyone let's look at our track record for a minute.

War of the Gods - fail
    Amazons Attack - fail
    Wonder Woman Darkest Night - fail
    Wonder Woman The Odyssey - fail
    Wonder Woman the New 52 - fail
    Superman/Wonder Woman - fail
    Wonder Woman Future's End - fail
    Convergence Wonder Woman - fail
    Dark Nights Death Metal - fail
    Wonder Woman Dead Earth - fail
    Wonder Woman Evolution - fail
    Future State Wonder Woman - fail
    Wonder Girl - fail
    Trial of the Amazons -

D.C. tries hard to do something with Wonder Woman we will like and so often it's met with a luke warm response at best and outright disdain at worst. The only recent things I can think of that the majoity of us enjoy are the Legend of Wonder Woman and to a lesser extent Wonder Woman Black and Gold. Hell there are actually people who dislike Rebirth. How could you dislike Rebirth?

At some point after several failed relationships you have to ask yourself if it's them, or is it you.
    What makes Dead Earth a fail? Did it have super low sales or something?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What makes Dead Earth a fail? Did it have super low sales or something?
    First two issues debuted around #50 and #70, last two came out after DC left Diamond so hard to track how well those sold. No idea on the trade.

Depends on what DC considers a success or failure though.