Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Read the issue with us and we'll find out on the same day lol
    I don't think i want to find out. Not if they make Diana job.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They're intentionally pitting Diana against characters that are near or at her level outside of Phillippus so they don't have to deal with that particular problem.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I see alot of people focusing weirdly on physical feats when this event made a point of establishing that the trial will be three events with physical ability only being one of em. The other two being 'logical and critical reasoning' and 'decision-making and judgement test'

Who was the blonde holding the sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They seem more worried about surprises than writing things the make sense.

Donna has been silent 2 issues, only interacting with Yaras tribe but now out of the blue she pledges to the Bana? And Faruka is fine with it? The Bana are fine with it? A total stranger who has been blessed with powers? How does that win them immortality? And Yara who is new to the amazons is chosen?

And we didn't even touch the battle for the crown.
    Also she's Diana's sister and...Hippolyta's other daughter? I guess? I'm not sure exactly how their approaching it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also she's Diana's sister and...Hippolyta's other daughter? I guess? I'm not sure exactly how their approaching it at this point.
    I'm not sure that DC does either. No one has touched on Diana and Donna's actual relationship since Steve Orlando, who had them explicitly as sisters but we haven't gotten a Donna/Hippolyta interaction since "Donna" killed Fake Hippolyta in Finch's run.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    They're intentionally pitting Diana against characters that are near or at her level outside of Phillippus so they don't have to deal with that particular problem.
    Diana is supposed to be the strongest of the amazons that have Godly powers. And if they make her have a very difficult time with the others(specially yara) They need to explain properly their power levels. Because as trhings are right now. I don't see how the other Godly power amazons could put a serious fighting all out Diana in a very difficukt situation. I'm not saying they are weak and should be one shotted. But DC has not done enougfh to establish them as WW level powerhouse. They have been sucking at portraying Diana herself as a WW level powerhouse these days, so you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Diana is supposed to be the strongest of the amazons that have Godly powers. And if they make her have a very difficult time with the others(specially yara) They need to explain properly their power levels. Because as trhings are right now. I don't see how the other Godly power amazons could put a serious fighting all out Diana in a very difficukt situation. I'm not saying they are weak and should be one shotted. But DC has not done enougfh to establish them as WW level powerhouse. They have been sucking at portraying Diana herself as a WW level powerhouse these days, so you get the point.
    I get the point... that you've never read anything with Donna Troy in it, ever, and that you don't realize that Yara's power limits are as yet undefined.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I get the point... that you've never read anything with Donna Troy in it, ever, and that you don't realize that Yara's power limits are as yet undefined.
    I know very well what Donna Troy is capable of. Her catalogue of feats don't match Diana's. And that is a fact.

I know very well what Donna Troy is capable of. Her catalogue of feats don't match Diana's. And that is a fact.
    FACTS! mtsmts

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Speaking to the recent issue, I thought the juxtaposition of the goings on at Doom's Doorway with the funeral rite to be a pretty cool sequence.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

In Abnett's run Troia killed not only Diana but many other characters on the same level as Diana, and in the past has been capable of just as much as Diana is or more depending on the origin that you go with. Just because DC underestimates her doesn't mean that WW fans need to, too.

Extraordinary Member

Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1 Preview
    Writer: Joelle Jones
    Artist: Joelle Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1 Preview
    Writer: Joelle Jones
    Artist: Joelle Jones

Looks really beautiful and good!

It feels like every other story someone is asking why the Amazons actually worship the Greek Gods (and might be a point of contention between Diana and Yara?).