Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You do know that the Amazons themselves are public domain characters, right? This bias against public domain characters in a superhero property based on Greco-Roman mythology makes no sense and is based on a misplaced notion of what Wonder Woman's actual problem is.
    It's always been odd hill. Especially since some only villains who fill the same role are usually just less interesting versions of WW's versions of characters from Greek myth.

See Queen of Fables vs. Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Since we're getting a focus on the Amazon family next year, would anyone be interested in Hessia returning? I liked her in the Superman/Wonder Woman stories, and was wondering how she was received by the overall fandom?
    I'm with Nyssane, though I'd extend the no to the other New 52 Amazons also.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Having the main villain of Trial of the Amazons being a public domain character would be a huge mistake. That would further cheapen Wonder Woman's brand. It should be a villain who was specifically created to fight Diana.
    The Amazons are public domain and Medusa isn't exactly a stranger to the WW mythos. One of the characters best runs already utilized her.

I think it's a problem when things are public domain all the time, but we have Wonder Woman going up against one of her old Silver Age villains this week and we already have Psycho and Gundra, with likely appearances from other old villains. Things should be balanced between myth and her own unique elements, and I think the franchise is doing well with that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Since we're getting a focus on the Amazon family next year, would anyone be interested in Hessia returning? I liked her in the Superman/Wonder Woman stories, and was wondering how she was received by the overall fandom?
    WW HESSIA Odyssey-Amazons-1.jpg

I really liked her and hope she shows up in Nubia and the Amazons. Hessia starred in Odyssey of the Amazons, it's much better in a second read and good fun. If canon there's a lot to draw on from Themysciran history, not that there's not a lot already. That 10th Queen of Amazons business needs explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

I really liked her and hope she shows up in Nubia and the Amazons. Hessia starred in Odyssey of the Amazons, it's much better in a second read and good fun. If canon there's a lot to draw on from Themysciran history, not that there's not a lot already. That 10th Queen of Amazons business needs explaining.
    Yeah I like this mini series, is very entertaining, now I also prefer Asteria than Hessia but I think there is room for both.
    Just these days I reread the first 12 issues of Azzarello's run (which I still enjoy ) , and I kept thinking about the Amazons. Aleka, Dessa and why he didn't use Phillipus, Mala or other established Amazons. In this case I would not like these doppelgangers returns to canon.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Things are starting to ramp up.

WW Annual and WG #5 both set up what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd love for spoilers:
    Medusa and/or her sisters, maybe even Decay
    end of spoilers to headline the event as the primary antagonist, but I have a feeling it will be an assortment of creatures. A jailbreak of Doom's Doorway has so much potential.

spoilers:
    Ares's tree was also seen in Nubia #1, so it could be Deimos and Phobos are escaping.
    end of spoilers
    Holy sh**! That sounds so cool. And scary!! But cool AF.

There will be a panel of "Trial of the Amazons" at CCXP Worlds tomorrow with Cloonan, Conrad, Stephanie Williams, Joelle Jones, and Brittany Holzherr.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

I enjoyed the mini series fair enough, but really liked Hessia in Superman/Wonder Woman and would love to see her return. I liked what she represented...that there were Themysciran Amazons out in the world (an excellent way to introduce Asteria into the comics.)

Ey, people, we've got from CCXPWorlds the first images of the event! It is confirmed, the event will begin in March of 2022

https://twitter.com/LaGuondi/status/...104696320?s=20

https://www.omelete.com.br/ccxp/ccxp...the-amazons-dc
    Last edited by Garrac; 12-06-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Ey, people, we've got from CCXPWorlds the first images of the event! It is confirmed, the event will begin in March of 2022

Is that Jim Cheung illustrating that first image with Diana in the center with a spear and shield and in the background it looks like Nubia and Hippolyta about to square up with the Bana? And who is the artist that draws that page with Artemis and the Manticore? Cuz it looks goooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Is that Jim Cheung illustrating that first image with Diana in the center with a spear and shield and in the background it looks like Nubia and Hippolyta about to square up with the Bana? And who is the artist that draws that page with Artemis and the Manticore? Cuz it looks goooood.
    Should be Skylar Patridge's art for the Artemis backup in the main book.

Incredible Member

Are yall ready for more Jumpa in your WW books? Because it's coming!

I did a quick scan of the page (despite not speaking Brazilian Portuguese, but I'm a fluent Spanish speaker) and yup, there are tensions between Themyscira and the Bana with the Bana wanting a space on Paradise Island.

But the most notable thing for me was the mention of "cangurus" and how important they are to the Amazons history, highlighting their use for transportation. And Conrad notes how underutilized Jumpa has been in WW books and how they want to change that.

More Jumpa is always great! I love that they are fully embracing Themyscira.

A powerful cover. (Even if the lasso should be more prominent ) I'm looking forward to the proper announcement.

Patridge's Artemis is a gem. I hope she'll continue working on Wonder Woman comics beyond the back-ups.

Apparently, Conrad also said "in mythology whenever there’s something flying involved, it indicates a proximity to the gods" when this picture was shown at the panel:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So it looks like Themiscryia vs. Yaras tribe and the Bana. Cassie/Donna not shown in the background.