Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    In Abnett's run Troia killed not only Diana but many other characters on the same level as Diana, and in the past has been capable of just as much as Diana is or more depending on the origin that you go with. Just because DC underestimates her doesn't mean that WW fans need to, too.
    What run? From Post Crisis? An what was the context behind it? I never saw Donna Troy perform on par with WW.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She doesn't need to be the most powerful, just highly skilled and good at what she does.
    Yes she does need to be the most powerful. Skills alone won't give you what you need to kill the likes of Solaris, Braniac, Darkseid etc. And even then, her skills have had even less impact and showings on panel than WW's. Acharacter that is usually treated like a punching bag for other heavy hitters despite being a heavy hitter herself and the greatest warrior of all time and all that that dc claims about her but never shows.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not every win is met with punches. Or else Bloodsport is mighty powerful

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Not every win is met with punches. Or else Bloodsport is mighty powerful
    Of course this was Superman very early in his career in the John Byrne reboot. Anyone can be surprised as well as Supermzn doing his 'tank' routine.

And there is always exception to the rule. Or have we forgotten the Catwoman animated movie with Cheetah? Er..scratch that thought, Cheetah has been the Batfamily's bitch for a while.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As i said...not every win is met with punches.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Im really enjoying this! Like Cassie I’m doing the detective role and my first suspect is Philippus

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Im really enjoying this! Like Cassie I’m doing the detective role and my first suspect is Philippus
    I feel like it's Artemis. I think she was required to do it by the council of elder Amazons for reasons I'm not exactly certain of yet.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I feel like it's Artemis. I think she was required to do it by the council of elder Amazons for reasons I'm not exactly certain of yet.
    Hrm, it'd definitely go along with that meeting between Hippolyta, Atalanta and Artemis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    So, my new favorite Amazons is Jacy of the Esquecida. I don't know anything about her as of yet, but a 4-year-old Amazon warrior is the best thing in the entire world. LOL!

It really is, isn't it? I'm hoping she gets her own series out of all this, personally!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Troia allegedly also killed Mageddon, Solaris, Neron, Darkseid, Brainiac and even the Spectre in that run:

, which means either we would assume Donna Troy is the most powerful DC superhero ever, or we don't take that seriously as a reasonable portrayal of her. And the second option makes a lot more sense, because Donna was in the past basically never more capable than Diana and for the majority of time just on paper even comparable, Donna Troy is basically the answer to the question what would happen with Wonder Woman without at least being iconic, in other words most of the already big problems of Wonder Woman in even notably worse.
    I have no problem with the listed feats because at some point Titan powered Donna was a thing and as such much of the list is small fries.

The Apeiron or Aperion... Dark magic, I'm curious about this villain.

Mighty Member

She doesn't need to be the most powerful, just highly skilled and good at what she does.
    The problem is just, Donna is often not even portrayed as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I have no problem with the listed feats because at some point Titan powered Donna was a thing and as such much of the list is small fries.
    Titan powered Donna is still at best the equilant of god(s) powered Diana, and don't makes living stars and Justice League threats small fries, let alone Presence powered Spectre. And even if we would assume that Donna could become such a cosmical threat, does anyone truly believe Donna Troy in Trial of the Amazons will get literally portrayed as someone who could destroy stars, let alone could punch out agents of the Presence?

The only people who actually "win" by winning are the Bana. They all gain immortality if one of their own wins (which is why im confused why Donna can represent them)

The Esquecidas are somehow being affected by Dooms Doorway so they basically just stop Fern Gully guy from infecting everything but they also lose their new sister if she won...

But yeah its a very poor reasoning. Im not sure why they cant rotate who guards the Door.
    A rotation seems fair. Really the framing of the Trial shouldn't be guarding the door, and while I think it is deeper it just doesn't make sense, especially for the Esquecidas.

I'm supposed to believe Yara will give up the family she found again? Donna will give up her life for people she barely knows? That Diana will fully retire from Man's World?

Unless Diana plans to make bigger structural changes to how the door is handled by winning what is her benefit. Of course, she could see it as her duty now that her mother is gone.

This event should just be longer... really set up the dynamics and motivations for each tribe. Some much-needed interaction especially with Donna w/ Diana and Cassie, Yara, and the greater pool of Amazons. The Esquecidas should feel here just as much as the Bana.

Few issues of setup/ politics amongst tribes, begin the trial with a much larger pool of contenders, then the death occurs and turns everything in a tailspin. I think that happened too early and the mystery and competition could've been going hand-in-hand. Would've been a great way to increase tensions slowly but surely. And, again, make the motivations a little more than Death's Door.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Whoever becomes the Doom's Doorway champion also gets written into a corner for the next few years...and I'm concerned Donna will be the victor. With all the Titans books wrapped up/cancelled...Donna doesn't have a place to go.

Alternately, as DC moves further and further into Future State, will Diana win and be saddled with protecting the doorway as a means of having Yara take over the main book?
    Not loving this option either, but also a possibility if you look at DC's long term plans. That would set up Yara as WW, Nubia as Queen, and leave Cassie as the reigning Wonder Girl (with Diana gone but not dead guarding the doorway and Donna most likely in limbo again).

I feel like when Diana wins, she will allow Nubia to be Queen of all amazons and probably pick a bana to stay at the door so they can have immortality as well.