Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What if Wonder Woman had the ability to conjure weapons?

This is an idea that popped into my head when considering Thena of the Eternals who is compared to/possibly inspired by Wonder Woman. I wondered if it would have been considered a good idea to give Diana the ability to conjure weapons and if this would have set her apart from other flying bricks in the DCU. Granted, there is also the issue of comparing her to Green Lantern.

Thoughts?

The only thing Diana needs is the lasso. She isn't a gladiator. She's a wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The only thing Diana needs is the lasso. She isn't a gladiator. She's a wrestler
    The majority of her history kind of says otherwise.

It's a neat idea but I think it'd work better for someone like Artemis probably. Maybe have axe being able to morph into other weapons.

Yeah, no! To me, that is not Wonder Woman. The Magic Lasso should be her primary weapon with a rare sword and shield and even rarer armor.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, no! To me, that is not Wonder Woman. The Magic Lasso should be her primary weapon with a rare sword and shield and even rarer armor.
    All of this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I think it would be cool if she fought someone with the power to summon weapons.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's a no from me dawg.gif

For majority of her run, Diana has relied on her skill and hand2hand combat. Conjuring weapons doesnt really do anything to distinguish her from anyone.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

She already had that in New 52. And they barely did anything with it. Just like her overrated God Mode. If they can''t find a proper place for extra powers and can't be consistent with the ones she already is supposed to have. Then they shouldn't even bother.

"I don't need a weapon, I am the weapon."

Though seriously, her main tool should be the lasso of truth.

If she picks up a weapon it should be during rare cases. I remember going 'holy ****' when she picked up a sword in Kingdom Come. It should be rare enough that her picking up a weapon should be a notable moment.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think it would be cool if she fought someone with the power to summon weapons.
    Now this I would be down for. She needs more challenging opponents.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

If she picks up a weapon it should be during rare cases. I remember going 'holy ****' when she picked up a sword in Kingdom Come. It should be rare enough that her picking up a weapon should be a notable moment.
    Or when she appears all armored-up to fight Medusa.

I'm not against WW using weapons of war but it works infinitely better when it's a "oh, sh*t things got serious" moment, either in terms of scale or emotion. Her using them all the time makes her feel more generic and I'd argue goes against her normal character as well (or at least the interpretations I prefer).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

As someone who came during the time Diana brandish a sword all over the place, this sounds surreal. Also, it sounds like Kingdom Come is the root of many things. Red Robin, SMWW, Injustice. Like I know it's really popular but I didn't expect how much influence it had.

It could be an interesting ability for a character, but I don’t prefer it for Diana.

Diana is monumentally powerful the way it is and I’d rather get back to basics with her and just have her use her lasso. It’s not that Diana hasn’t trained and has skill with weaponry of all sorts, but she chooses not to use it in her flavor of the way of the warrior.

As others posted, she is the weapon - and that includes her mind, her heart and her values too.

“Make a hawk a dove, stop a war with love, make a liar tell the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

As others posted, she is the weapon - and that includes her mind, her heart and her values too.

“Make a hawk a dove, stop a war with love, make a liar tell the truth.”
    Good point to remember with Diana.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!