Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Diana probably will be coming Queen at the end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Sounds like the perfect excuse to write her out and make Yara Wonder Woman.
    That fabulous hair .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Perfect excuse to drop the book also.

Spectacular Member

I don't think that's gonna happen,because that would be such a slap in Nubia face,as she has been crowned very recently

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That fabulous hair .
    Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    I don't think that's gonna happen,because that would be such a slap in Nubia face,as she has been crowned very recently
    It seems Hippolyta is the most superfluous character right now. I don't know if it's been part of WW canon, but the Young Diana backup gave her a problematic past. And, someone is supposed to die in Trial. I've been thinking it's Hippolyta.

But it could also be one of the other Wonder Girls. Cassie has gotten a lot more attention than expected, hasn't she? I was surprised she was in Wonder Girl at all. (Donna has also appeared but hasn't been that important.)

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    It seems Hippolyta is the most superfluous character right now. I don't know if it's been part of WW canon, but the Young Diana backup gave her a problematic past. And, someone is supposed to die in Trial. I've been thinking it's Hippolyta.

But it could also be one of the other Wonder Girls. Cassie has gotten a lot more attention than expected, hasn't she? I was surprised she was in Wonder Girl at all. (Donna has also appeared but hasn't been that important.)
    I am not looking forward to what the team considers to be problematic enough for Hippolyta to kick the can. Hopefully she dies heroically like she did last time.

I at first though Diana dying again, so she dies 3 times in under a year, that would be funny. DC mostly likes to pretend that Cassie and Donna don't exist most of the time, so one of them dying wouldn't really have an impact or shift things in the wonderverse. Killing Nubia would just be disrespectful. Yara is safe from pure knowledge of the future. Artemis is an option but.... no not really, same reasons as for Donna and Cassie. So, really, it's going to be Hippolyta or Diana.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Im reminded of how the Yara future state story revolved around Yara trying to bring back from the dead an Amazon she had grown quite attached to...I suspect their building up that death for some reason

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im reminded of how the Yara future state story revolved around Yara trying to bring back from the dead an Amazon she had grown quite attached to...I suspect their building up that death for some reason
    That was Potira, who came to Yara in a vision in #4 and narrated the history of the tribes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I am not looking forward to what the team considers to be problematic enough for Hippolyta to kick the can. Hopefully she dies heroically like she did last time.

I at first though Diana dying again, so she dies 3 times in under a year, that would be funny. DC mostly likes to pretend that Cassie and Donna don't exist most of the time, so one of them dying wouldn't really have an impact or shift things in the wonderverse. Killing Nubia would just be disrespectful. Yara is safe from pure knowledge of the future. Artemis is an option but.... no not really, same reasons as for Donna and Cassie. So, really, it's going to be Hippolyta or Diana.
    There's both Atalanta and Faruka with the Bana-Migdhalls, who have an extra Queen between them.

But something seems interesting though. Why does Diana have the eagle (Themyscira) and Nubia had (lion) but is it for Themyscira?

Honestly I find it easier to imagine this ending with Diana being called to duty by the League to face the threat that kills her in JL #75, revealing that all this stuff is taking place before that issue. Same with the conclusion to the story beats going on with all the other characters in their monthlies who die in #75.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

But something seems interesting though. Why does Diana have the eagle (Themyscira) and Nubia had (lion) but is it for Themyscira?
    The lion is the symbol of Themyscira right now. Nubia is Queen so it makes sense that she is representing the island.

As for the eagle: During CCXPWorlds Conrad said "in mythology whenever there’s something flying involved, it indicates a proximity to the gods". So that's why Diana's symbol is the eagle.

I assume there'll be a more in-depth explanation in the event.

It could work if Diana becomes Queen with Nubia becoming the new Ambasaddor to Man's World with Yara as her WG. You could have the option of the Queen being revolving position between Diana, Nubia, Faruka and Atlanta.

I hate to say it but Hippolyta's cape may as well be red to represent her carrying a death flag.

I'd prefer a two-queen rule between Diana and Nubia with a small council of sorts, if by the end of this all the tribes are going to merge into one.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor