Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Do you think that means we are going back to the idea that all Amazons are uber in physical strength and speed?
    That would be great but i doubt it. And it would not be a good look if 4 ww level characters are needed to stop a being with 0 impressive power performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Wonder Woman needs other amazons and Echidna is powerful enough to fight with them because the needs of the story

The story needs this to happen so the amazons can fight and talk together, and Diana gets separated from the rest

Powerlevels are bullshit
    The story needed to ignore power levels to keep the plot going. Which makes the writing bullshit. You would think profesional writers would be more creative than that.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Wonder Woman needs other amazons and Echidna is powerful enough to fight with them because the needs of the story

The story needs this to happen so the amazons can fight and talk together, and Diana gets separated from the rest

Powerlevels are bullshit
    With respect to the Batfamily and the Cheetah, you are certainly on point!

Incredible Member

In Part 4. Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1, doesn't Cassie seem to solve the mystery of who killed Hippolyta? She exclaims "Oh! It was--"

But now in Part 5, Wonder Woman #786, Cassie is just in the arena, watching. What happened to her findings?

And then some confusion with Cassie - unseen people are apparently mind-controlled and throwing rocks, but all we see is a single rock and have to take Conrad/Cloonan's word for the wider problem. Cassie says noboy will listen to reason, but do you see anyone even trying to reason with anyone else? Nope. And then for some reason Cassie needs help getting out of there. Why? She wasn't struck, isn't fighting anyone, and she can handle herself.

This is like a first draft of a script. I know some people think the series is getting better, but the bar is pretty low. The sooner this event is over and characters can get back to a status quo, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    In Part 4. Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1, doesn't Cassie seem to solve the mystery of who killed Hippolyta? She exclaims "Oh! It was--"

But now in Part 5, Wonder Woman #786, Cassie is just in the arena, watching. What happened to her findings?

And then some confusion with Cassie - unseen people are apparently mind-controlled and throwing rocks, but all we see is a single rock and have to take Conrad/Cloonan's word for the wider problem. Cassie says noboy will listen to reason, but do you see anyone even trying to reason with anyone else? Nope. And then for some reason Cassie needs help getting out of there. Why? She wasn't struck, isn't fighting anyone, and she can handle herself.

This is like a first draft of a script. I know some people think the series is getting better, but the bar is pretty low. The sooner this event is over and characters can get back to a status quo, the better.
    Yes it was very weird, Is there a reason they were so afraid for Cassie, if she was in trouble she could literally fly out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Yes it was very weird, Is there a reason they were so afraid for Cassie, if she was in trouble she could literally fly out of there.
    Right?!?! like its the same problems I'm having with previous writers, characters just forget they can do stuff.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Mighty Member

That is just lazy, and bad writing.

Powerlevels are bullshit
    They are, but exciting and at least somewhat proper portrayal of powers is lacking in many comicbooks, and severely lacking in Wonder Woman comicbooks.

At this point I'm just waiting for this boring event to be over so that we can get back to the Villainy Inc story.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    At this point I'm just waiting for this boring event to be over so that we can get back to the Villainy Inc story.
    Yeah...I was very hyped for this event but it hasnt been that exciting and doesn't feel like an event.

This is why we can't have nice things. As soon as they try we as a fandom collectively pick it apart and turn our noses up at it, then don't even give them credit for making the attempt. *loooong siiiiigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. As soon as they try we as a fandom collectively pick it apart and turn our noses up at it, then don't even give them credit for making the attempt. *loooong siiiiigh*
    I agree with you. I’m enjoying this event. I like that the characters are together. I think it’s crazy people just want Diana to poke someone and then their dead. Who wants to read that? I don’t. But I don’t see anything weak Diana has done or shown any other Amazon equal to her.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I agree with you. I’m enjoying this event. I like that the characters are together. I think it’s crazy people just want Diana to poke someone and then their dead. Who wants to read that? I don’t. But I don’t see anything weak Diana has done or shown any other Amazon equal to her.
    Struggling with rocks and all of them performing similar tp echidna. I didn't see any difference between WW and the others.

Most here have given them credit for trying and this is in no way WfE-3 levels of event bad but senselessly praising it for doing the minimum of connecting the Amazon tribes doesn't seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Struggling with rocks and all of them performing similar tp echidna. I didn't see any difference between WW and the others.
    The diplomatic thing would be for Diana to hold back and not outclass her sisters, let Yara Flor take her shot while she comes up with the plan to stop the threat. And that's what happened. Chaos called out to Diana, none of the others. Underground she's seperate and apart now as you wish, but not through the feats of strength you were looking for. That's for another day.

Mighty Member

How is to not criticize obvious flaws a way to nice things?

The diplomatic thing would be for Diana to hold back and not outclass her sisters, let Yara Flor take her shot while she comes up with the plan to stop the threat. And that's what happened. Chaos called out to Diana, none of the others. Underground she's seperate and apart now as you wish, but not through the feats of strength you were looking for. That's for another day.
    They could say that Diana holds back, but even then you could show her doing some impressive things if she is on her own, and you will always kill tension if the challenge in the story just looks like a challenge because the technical main character holds back. And it is anyways not like the other champions Donna Troy or Yara look impressive, these characters should be more powerful than that except all the other 3 hold back for the sake of Philippus, but at that point what was even the point of the whole trial?

They could have also depowered them or equalized their powers, to make it a skill contest or let Diana explicitly hold back but let her stop doing this if it gets serious, but even with the latter would be Philippus still a problem. But what we truly have right now is a Diana who again looks severely underpowered, 2 Wonder Girl characters who also look underpowered and like there is no distinction between the powers, and an event that unfortunately don't truly feels like an event.

This is by no means Amazons Attack bad, but it could be still much better.