Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Each can make a reasonable claim that the island of Themyscira is their rightful ancestral home. How these Tribes deal with this is… well… you'll see very soon!
    I wonder how this will go. Unless history has changed (yet again), every Amazon that left, left by choice and werent expelled/forced out from Themyscira. Can't just change your mind and claim it as yours. Especially the Bana who has so many new "Amazons" that werent part of the OG tribe.

Incredible Member

I would like to see more with the OG Amazons.
    Mala and those like her comes immediately to mind.
    I suspect that we will see more of those that are relatively new.

Nubia and The Amazons is giving equal focus to the new and the old Amazons, I expect that to continue during TotA.

Hopefully they'll do the research and we'll get to see Antiope.Fury(Lyta)(Helena)Hessia.Philippus.Grace choi.Troia.Wonder Girl-Cassie.Wonder-Woman(Deijan).and this just wishful thinking somewhere in the future Jason an the new Oylmpian and Bobby Barnes as Wonder Boy or Warrior.just my thoughts.

OLYMPIAN 1.jpgJason as the Olympian.art by Phil cho.

[ATTACHBobby barnes Wonder boy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The long-awaited Wonder Woman event Trial of the Amazons kicks off on March 1, 2021 with Trial of the Amazons Issue #1 from writers Becky Cloonan, Michael Conrad, Vita Ayala, Stephanie Williams, and Joëlle Jones writing and drawing, with artists Elena Casagrande, Laura Braga, and Skylar Partridge.

Continuing from the events of Nubia and the Amazons, (on shelves now, at your local comic shop!), the dangers of Doom’s Doorway have found their way to Man’s World and garnered the attention of not one, but all three Amazonian tribes. The Bana-Mighdall consider it to be a sign of weakness in the current regime and have decided to return to the shores of Themyscira to stake their claim over the island. Little do they know, the Esquecida are not far behind, looking for help to combat the evil unleashed. Tempers rise and swords are brandished as the women argue about the best course of action—leading to one of the most famous Amazon traditions: the Contest.

DC Comics proudly presents the first Wonder Woman crossover of its kind, brought to you by the writers behind Wonder Woman, Nubia & the Amazons, and Wonder Girl and some of the best and brightest artists in the industry. This monumental story brings together all the Wonder Woman titles and characters and will change the future of the Amazons forever!

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...-in-march-2022

I'm so excited every time I just hear Trial of the Amazon's, lol.

So good to see Patridge is continuing to work on Wonder Woman, and I love to see Casagrande among the artists. I enjoyed her a lot on Black Widow.

How many artists are on this event?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How many artists are on this event?
    Presumably this is like all the recent mini-events DC has rolled out with one shots bookending the event and in between it's all the regular titles crossing over, so all the regular artists.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm so excited every time I just hear Trial of the Amazon's, lol.

So good to see Patridge is continuing to work on Wonder Woman, and I love to see Casagrande among the artists. I enjoyed her a lot on Black Widow.
    Really glad to have Casagrande back at DC. She's done superb work on Black Widow and she got done so dirty with the early cancellation of that Vigilante mini-series :/ hopefully DC finds her a good book and keeps her for the long haul!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

With the exception of Laura Braga, there aren't really any big name artists on this event which is quite disappointing for Diana's first event in over a decade. I find it hard to believe that Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, Liam Sharp, Terry Dodson, and Travis Moore were all busy.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    With the exception of Laura Braga, there aren't really any big name artists on this event which is quite disappointing for Diana's first event in over a decade. I find it hard to believe that Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, Liam Sharp, Terry Dodson, and Travis Moore were all busy.
    Not that hard. Jimenez has said that he's mostly done with Big Two stuff aside from stuff like variants, Scott is currently working on Historia #3, and Sharp has his own creator-owned stuff he's working on atm.

Dodson is doing the covers for the main book, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and Moore do a cover or variant for the event also. Though I wouldn't be surprised the aforementioned three all do a cover/variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Presumably this is like all the recent mini-events DC has rolled out with one shots bookending the event and in between it's all the regular titles crossing over, so all the regular artists.
    That seems messy as hell, especially with 3 different styles that dont match at all.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not that hard. Jimenez has said that he's mostly done with Big Two stuff aside from stuff like variants, Scott is currently working on Historia #3, and Sharp has his own creator-owned stuff he's working on atm.

Dodson is doing the covers for the main book, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and Moore do a cover or variant for the event also. Though I wouldn't be surprised the aforementioned three all do a cover/variant.

Thanks. I had no idea about Phil's comments or Liam's creator-owned work. Still, I find it a bit of a stretch that no other big-name artists were available/willing to work on this project. Diana seems to frequently get the "left-overs" when it comes to artists i.e. the near-endless rotation of artists in between the runs of Scott/Sharp and Travis Moore.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.