Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

So is this basically...a Tournament Arc between all the different Amazon tribes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this basically...a Tournament Arc between all the different Amazon tribes?
    It seems that Nubia failed to protect the Doom's Doorway, and the Bana are going to take advantage of that weakness to claim to be the new protectors of Themyscira, on the other hand the Esquecidas are going to seek help and find themselves in the middle of that conflict? I suppose the Enkis will be the common enemy that will end up uniting the three Amazon tribes.
    I don't think Psycho has a part in this event although his connection with a powerful warrior at the end of the last issue makes me think that maybe it's Theseus or Hercules, so... I also speculate that Circe will be the enemy behind the scenes. I am desperately looking for the connection with Young Diana.
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 12-16-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It seems that Nubia failed to protect the Doom's Doorway, and the Bana are going to take advantage of that weakness to claim to be the new protectors of Themyscira, on the other hand the Esquecidas are going to seek help and find themselves in the middle of that conflict? I suppose the Enkis will be the common enemy that will end up uniting the three Amazon tribes.
    I don't think Psycho has a part in this event although his connection with a powerful warrior at the end of the last issue makes me think that maybe it's Theseus or Hercules, so... I also speculate that Circe will be the enemy behind the scenes. I am desperately looking for the connection with Young Diana.
    Nubia didn’t fell to protect dooms doorway because this didn’t happen on her watch. It happened on Mala’s. Mala failed.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I assume they will but if they dont....I hope they do give some more backstory for the Bana leaving Themiscryia. Why should they care whats happening on the Island now?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Nubia didn’t fell to protect dooms doorway because this didn’t happen on her watch. It happened on Mala’s. Mala failed.
    Well, the insistence of Phillipus in looking for a champion for the Doom's Doorway implies that there was, at least, a late decision on the part of Nubia, faced with a problem of these characteristics the Queen has to take charge.
    On the other hand that is my early interpretation without having read the final resolution of the Nubia series yet, but I must say that the Event solicitation annoys me, because is a kind of guilt or ineptitude on the part of Nubia, and I do not want that!

Who are the Esquecida?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Who are the Esquecida?
    Isn't that Yaras tribe?

Extraordinary Member

TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS #1
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, JOËLLE JONES, VITA AYALA, and STEPHANIE WILLIAMS
    Art by JOËLLE JONES, ELENA CASAGRANDE, LAURA BRAGA, & SKYLAR PATRIDGE
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Variant cover by ROSE BESCH
    1:25 variant cover byRAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    1:100 variant cover byROSE BESCH
    Team variant cover byJEN BARTEL
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | 1 of 2 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22

After the events of Nubia & the Amazons, the dangers of Doom’s Doorway have found their way to Man’s World and garnered the attention of not one, but all three Amazonian tribes. The Bana-Mighdall consider it to be a weakness in the current regime and have decided to return to the shores of Themyscira to stake their claim over the island. Little do they know, the Esquecida are not far behind, but instead looking for help to combat the evil unleashed. Tempers rise and swords are brandished as the women argue about the best course of action.
    Now Queen Nubia must show them all the way to peace by calling for one of the most famous Amazon traditions…the Contest. Who among them is worthy of leading them into the future? Find out as the bravest, wisest, and fiercest warriors compete to be champion of all the Amazons!
    DC Comics proudly presents the first Wonder Woman crossover of its kind, brought to you by the writers behind Wonder Woman, Nubia & the Amazons, and Wonder Girl and some of the best and brightest artists in the industry. You won’t want to miss this monumental story that brings all the Wonder Woman titles and characters together and changes them for good!
    NUBIA & THE AMAZONS #6
    Written by STEPHANIE WILLIAMS and VITA AYALA
    Art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    Cover by ALITHA MARTINEZ
    Variant cover by KYLE BAKER
    Int'l Women’s Day variant cover by JULIET NNEKA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/8/22

“Trial of the Amazons” part two! There’s been a murder on Themyscira, and the killer is still on the loose! Now it’s up to Nubia to play diplomat and detective as the other Amazon tribes are called in for questioning. Can she keep the peace long enough for the Contest to happen? She must, because Doom’s Doorway stands unguarded until a new champion is found!
    WONDER WOMAN #785
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by ROSI KÄMPE and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Int'l Women's Day variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/15/22

“Trial of the Amazons” part three! After the death of one of the Amazons’ own, Diana has decided to take matters into her own hands and use her Lasso of Truth to find the murderer. As the island’s attention turns to the Contest at hand, our hero fights back against tradition to make sure justice is served. But one Amazon stands in her way…Queen Nubia? Plus, a new adventure of young Diana!

Extraordinary Member

TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS: WONDER GIRL #1
    Written by JOËLLE JONES
    Art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    Variant cover by JEFF DEKAL
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 2
    Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/22/22

“Trial of the Amazons” part four! As Diana’s hands become tied from pursuing her investigation, she recruits a former ally to help her cause…Cassie Sandsmark! As Wonder Girl begins to question the Amazons, Yara Flor joins the Contest hoping to reconnect with the memory of her lost mother. Meanwhile, the evils behind Doom’s Doorway grow restless as tensions boil in the world above!

INTERLOCKING MAIN COVERS TO COMMEMORATE THIS BIG MOMENT IN WONDER GIRL HISTORY!

Extraordinary Member

Wonder why they gave Wonder Girl a one shot instead of just using her ongoing?

Nicola Scott variant

Last edited by Gaius; 12-17-2021 at 07:39 AM.

...why is Cassie a FORMER alley to Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nicola Scott variant

Looks great. But when Cassie is next to everyone it reminds me of how much i hate her look and how shes drawn as a child instead of 19/20

OMG, utterly gorgeous. Definitely my new phone wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ...why is Cassie a FORMER alley to Diana?

Looks great. But when Cassie is next to everyone it reminds me of how much i hate her look and how shes drawn as a child instead of 19/20
    heh, I felt the same way with how I pretty much like everyone's costume there.

Only I don't care for Yara's, Cassie looks fine to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nicola Scott variant
    Other variants:

Nubia & The Amazons #6 by Kyle Baker

Nubia & The Amazons #6 by Juliet Nneka

Wonder Woman #785 by Paulina Ganucheau