Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So what did we learn once again when it comes to DC and Wonder Woman? sigh, sigh sigh.............................................. .................

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC: "Hey, we actually tried this time!"

WW Fans:
    News of Williamson's JL story now has me suspecting this will be about gearing the book to be about Yara.

Yara is dangerously approaching Daddy Zeus/Jason/Max Lord territory for me right now, if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They're all getting canceled sans 1 after the event which is pretty embarrassing lol
    This whole thing has probably been a perfect example of how to botch line's expansion.

Extraordinary Member

WONDER WOMAN #786
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by ROSI KÄMPE and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/12/22

"Trial of the Amazons" part five! Tensions rise as the tribes compete with one another to determine the future of the Amazons. But a lot more than just glory is on the line—immortality is too! Little do they know, someone is pulling everyone's strings from behind Doom's Doorway. Who could it be? Find out in this jam-packed issue!
    TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS: WONDER GIRL #2
    Written by JOËLLE JONES
    Art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    Variant cover by BABS TARR
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 2
    Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/19/22

"Trial of the Amazons" part six! Cassie Sandsmark has discovered the culprit and is shocked to learn it is one of their own. Justice must be served, but as tradition dictates, nothing can interrupt the trial once under way. Now it's up to the Esquecida and their headstrong leader, Yara Flor, to take a stand for what is right. The future of the Amazons depends on it!
    INTERLOCKING MAIN COVERS TO COMMEMORATE THIS BIG MOMENT IN WONDER GIRL HISTORY!
    TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS #2
    Written by STEPHANIE WILLIAMS, VITA AYALA, BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JOËLLE JONES
    Art by JOËLLE JONES, ELENA CASAGRANDE, SKYLAR PATRIDGE, and LAURA BRAGA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Variant cover by ROSE BESCH
    $4.99 | 40 pages | 2 of 2 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/26/22

With the trial postponed and the greater evil revealed, the very existence of the Amazons is at stake!
    A foe from Diana's past has come through Doom's Doorway seeking revenge and anarchy to destroy Wonder Woman and her people once and for all. Only then can he escape Themyscira and bring Man's World to its knees!
    Now the Amazons must unite to save their way of life and carry out the sacred mission of peace and justice passed down to them by the goddesses all those years ago. Led by Wonder Woman, these women are now ready for the battle they've spent all their lives preparing for. Can anything stop the combined strength of the Bana-Mighdall, Esquecida, and Themyscirans? Find out in the final chapter of our crossover that will change the world of the Amazons for good!

Another "roses" variant for Trial #2

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Diana vs Yara....its exciting to see but if it happens Diana should just sweep the floor with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Donna in the background like “See! I’m in this event too, OK!”
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ooh, those covers are all really beautiful.

So hmm, the big evil is some guy from Diana's past...........though none of the usual suspects seem to come to mind. I thought at first it must've been that weird pale guy from the Annual, but that doesn't quite seem to fit here.

Ares is the obvious answer but also the most generic, and I thought he was already out anyway. Who else would it even be? Hercules? Cronus? The Firstborn? Angle Man??

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Ooh, those covers are all really beautiful.

So hmm, the big evil is some guy from Diana's past...........though none of the usual suspects seem to come to mind. I thought at first it must've been that weird pale guy from the Annual, but that doesn't quite seem to fit here.

Ares is the obvious answer but also the most generic, and I thought he was already out anyway. Who else would it even be? Hercules? Cronus? The Firstborn? Angle Man??
    Deimos and Phobos are ones who I thought of.

First Born is possible since I think Cloonan said she's a fan of that run.

Spectacular Member

Medusa,maybe?

It isn’t the guy from the annual either?

phobos and deimos appear in Wonder Girl #7, Medusa in Nubia and the Amazons, so considering the snake, I think it's Ares

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    News of Williamson's JL story now has me suspecting this will be about gearing the book to be about Yara.

Yara is dangerously approaching Daddy Zeus/Jason/Max Lord territory for me right now, if that's true.
    If they do turn the book over to Yara Flor, it will be the first time in over forty years I will not be buying the ongoing Wonder Woman book.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

With the Bana going to Paradise Island to essentially win back their immortality.....do we think we're back to "leave the island, lose immortality"

and how does guarding Dooms Doorway automatically win you that gift from the Gods?