Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I obviously don't know if this will be a success or not. However, DC did promote this during DC Fandome 2021 which got roughly 66 million views. They are also promoting it on the DC Youtube channel. All the regular comic book resources also seem to be promoting it, as well. I don't think it's necessarily DOA.
    We will see. The whole thing looks very messy. And DC not having a good trackrecord with WW doesn't help to increase hope.

i guess the people at DC forgot that Grace Choi is an Amazon and so is Fury=Lyta Trevor of Earth 2.

I mean many new characters forget to be used and plus Lyta only pops out here and than. Plus she been MIA for while now

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    This thing is dead on arrival and there won’t be another WW event for another 20 years. Aside from Joelle Jones, none of these people moves the needle, nobody’s gonna buy this because, whoo-hoo, the creative team is made up of only women (and Michael Conrad). To hell with this nonsense
    Um...Are they even promoting it with the creative team being made up of women (and Conrad)? Lol, even the YouTube comic teaser opens with Conrad's voice.

Most of the promotion I see centers around it being the newest WW event in "30 years" (because everyone wants to forget Amazons Attack!).
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-07-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Um...Are they even promoting it with the creative team being made up of women (and Conrad)? Lol, even the YouTube comic teaser opens with Conrad's voice.

Most of the promotion I see centers around it being the newest WW event in "30 years" (because everyone wants to forget Amazons Attack!).
    Well they obviously assembled this team based on what’s between their legs so I take it they think having an (almost) all-female creative team is a big plus, let's hope they're right

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’m wondering if she’ll actually stay dead or if she’ll be back by the end of the story.
    She's basically in the Alfred position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Well they obviously assembled this team based on what’s between their legs so I take it they think having an (almost) all-female creative team is a big plus, let's hope they're right
    And I’m guessing you were there in person to listen in on the Wonder Woman meetings when they where picking the writers.

Or, is this opinion solely based on assumptions that they hired these women for a marketing stunt (despite none of the marketing making mention of it) and not because women want to write Wonder Woman?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-08-2022 at 05:19 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    i guess the people at DC forgot that Grace Choi is an Amazon and so is Fury=Lyta Trevor of Earth 2.
    Neither of those characters has appeared in the DCU in years and Grace being an Amazon was a retcon that wasn't handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I didn't forget Lyta, Warzon. Lyta Trevor should definitely list, among the Wonders.

Further, I included people, with p****es, and others, who don't come from Supermodel Island, who I think would show up for a Crisis. Superhero families typically enlist the hero's superhuman and most super-skilled loyalists. Diversity ..of gender, origin and costume ..should be the hallmark of the Wonder Family, and I think this list reflects that, well enough.

I think Lyta ads diversity to the Wonder Family, and I would love to read a story about her spending some of her winters, training on Asgard, with Earth 2 Uncle Siggy and his Valkyrie in-laws. I've always thought Lyta's costume design had a Valkyrie flavor, much helped by her blonde hair.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-08-2022 at 04:54 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I thought the first two parts were pretty interesting, if there are any problems when it comes to reading this is that it's not just a fresh start. You need to be aware of certain story arcs that are going on in the Wonder Woman line of comics, mainly concerning Amazonian politics, Dooms Doorway, and Yara Flor.

However overall I enjoyed the two parts today and they are easy to follow, they are establishing a contest for not only a champion who will guard the Doom Doorway but also determine who will have rule over all amazons and it seems to be playing into some Amazon politics/culture clashes between the tribes with something apparently causing some bad influence, all while a freaking murder mystery is going down. I'm enjoying the drama so far.

I also like that as someone who is kind of separate from the overall conflict that it's Cassie who gets to play detective for the murder case, though Diana is very clearly interfering.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

i confess im not entirely sure how the question of ruler is supposed to play out. Does the champion who guards Dooms Doorway become queen? Or do they decide who becomes queen? Only one representative of each tribe, so it could go to the ruler of whichever tribes champion wins I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    i confess im not entirely sure how the question of ruler is supposed to play out. Does the champion who guards Dooms Doorway become queen? Or do they decide who becomes queen? Only one representative of each tribe, so it could go to the ruler of whichever tribes champion wins I suppose
    Yeah that’s what I would assume unless suddenly Nubia, Yara, and Faruka fight each other.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

So it's starting in Nubia? I wish we got to see more of the Brazilian Amazons before this event started. Joelle needs to get her book back.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    So it's starting in Nubia? I wish we got to see more of the Brazilian Amazons before this event started. Joelle needs to get her book back.
    This is the reading order

DC-Nation-Special-Edition-Trial-of-the-Amazons-4-Wonder-Woman-Trial-of-the-Amazons-Checklist-133.jpg

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

thank you for sharing this
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?