Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Utterly gorgeous, I love them all.

It wouldn't be a WW crossover if Circe wasn't somehow involved. She's been the big bad of the other two, though I'd just be happy if any WW villain(s) gets some spotlight in this story
    Every time Circe hears “Wonder Woman Event”

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I sure hope Circe is involved in a major way. She needs to redeem herself after the abysmal showing in that other event with "Amazons" in the title.

It wouldn't be a WW crossover if Circe wasn't somehow involved. She's been the big bad of the other two, though I'd just be happy if any WW villain(s) gets some spotlight in this story
    Get 'em all in there.

Incredible Member

Utterly gorgeous, I love them all.

Circe and, as much as I know you all hate hearing this name, Maxwell Lord are the only Wonder Rogues I can imagine D.C. letting mastermind a huge event. I can't imagine D.C. ever elevating Ares to the level of an event-wide big bad and Cheetah has similar yet very different issues.

I wonder if whoever Dr. Psycho called will be the mastermind for Trial of the Amazons.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Circe and, as much as I know you all hate hearing this name, Maxwell Lord are the only Wonder Rogues I can imagine D.C. letting mastermind a huge event. I can't imagine D.C. ever elevating Ares to the level of an event-wide big bad and Cheetah has similar yet very different issues.

I wonder if whoever Dr. Psycho called will be the mastermind for Trial of the Amazons.
    That would just prove again that DC sucks at handling WW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Get 'em all in there.
    Agreed!

If you’re going all out with the Amazon’s, you gotta bring an equal showing on the villain side! Give-’em a proper challenge!

Unless…the Amazon’s are all fighting each other…which might be the case.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If they are saying a big part of the story is yara vs nubia, maybe Yara joins up with her tribe of amazons against Nubia and themyscira for some reasons. And Diana has to be the mediator.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If they are saying a big part of the story is yara vs nubia, maybe Yara joins up with her tribe of amazons against Nubia and themyscira for some reasons. And Diana has to be the mediator.
    I think that’s part of the plot, but with the inclusion of the Bana to make it a 3 way battle.

I can't think of a single thing that would sink my interest faster in this than Max Lord even being near this storyline. Have him go annoy some z-list member of the JLI.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Agreed!

If you’re going all out with the Amazon’s, you gotta bring an equal showing on the villain side! Give-’em a proper challenge!

Unless…the Amazon’s are all fighting each other…which might be the case.
    I'm guessing maybe someone will manipulate the Themyscira, Bana, and the South American Amazon tribes into some sort of war with one another.

I can't think of a single thing that would sink my interest faster in this than Max Lord even being near this storyline. Have him go annoy some z-list member of the JLI.
    This teaser keeps holding true with more-and-more information. So he might be in it. *nervous chuckle*

It’s still hard to tell how much of this poster is playing to what was out at the time. Since a Max arc had just finished in the comics and both he and Cheetah were the villains for WW84. And it’s also almost a year old and we don’t know how far along they were when planing Trial of the Amazon’s then.

But so far it’s held for the heroes side.

I'm guessing maybe someone will manipulate the Themyscira, Bana, and the South American Amazon tribes into some sort of war with one another.
    If that’s the case I’m hoping it’s not done in a way that makes the Amazons look bad, lol. Though I have much more confidence with this story than Amazons Attack. (I mean, it seriously can’t be worse)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-17-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

This teaser keeps holding true with more-and-more information. So he might be in it. *nervous chuckle*

It’s still hard to tell how much of this poster is playing to what was out at the time. Since a Max arc had just finished in the comics and both he and Cheetah were the villains for WW84. And it’s also almost a year old and we don’t know how far along they were when planing Trial of the Amazon’s then.

If that’s the case I’m hoping it’s not done in a way that makes the Amazons look bad, lol. Though I have much more confidence with this story than Amazons Attack. (I mean, it seriously can’t be worse)
    If they use any villains from there, a Dr Psycho story line would be interesting, like if it's a war, have him pulling the Amazon's string. I'd read that
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Hmm, now I’m wondering if it’s a villain team up of all the ones in that poster.

5 out of 7 ain’t bad if that’s the case.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hmm, now I’m wondering if it’s a villain team up of all the ones in that poster.

5 out of 7 ain’t bad if that’s the case.

Gee....I wonder which two villains you don't want to make the cut.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Well, Cloonan does specifically mention Maxwell Lord in her 80th Anniversary Special story, and it seems like it is in canon with the main universe Wonder Woman. She also has Wonder Woman specifically respond to the Maxwell Lord problem in that issue. I forgot what the specific phrasing is.

It could be nothing; however, why name him in this issue if she didn't have plans for him?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I really hope that means Dc will do a Wonder Family comic after this event
    I would like them to turn Sensation Comics into a DC Wonder Fam comic.