Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Diana keeps the tiara from when she was a Black Lantern?
    And how would that even be possible? Did that persona dissolve away when she was freed from the thrall of the Black Lanterns? Also, wasn't it silver, not gold?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    And how would that even be possible? Did that persona dissolve away when she was freed from the thrall of the Black Lanterns? Also, wasn't it silver, not gold?
    To be fair, I think it's just meant to be a visual gag showing the different desings over the years, nothing to be taken at face value.

Though on a serious note, I could see Diana making a recreation of that as a reminder of what happened. She's the kind of person who would still consider herself partly responsible of her actions in that state (even if the story explicity states the characters aren't in control) and she uses the lasso semi-regularly (at least iirc) to know herself better and thus be less prone to self-deception.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

If the Trial of the Amazons is over, who won the Trial? Wasn't it Artemis versus Cassie versus Donna versus Yara versus Diana? Wasn't that supposed to be a big element of this groundbreaking event for Diana?

I am not sure how many times I can hear about a big event that involves Diana and continually be underwhelmed. Was there even good action scenes within the 'event'?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If the Trial of the Amazons is over, who won the Trial? Wasn't it Artemis versus Cassie versus Donna versus Yara versus Diana? Wasn't that supposed to be a big element of this groundbreaking event for Diana?

I am not sure how many times I can hear about a big event that involves Diana and continually be underwhelmed. Was there even good action scenes within the 'event'?
    The event had tons of good elements, but they really didn't know how to drive it home.
    So nothing actually comes to a logical conclusion. The "trial" ends up being completely meaningless.

I feel like this event could have been a truly great epic WW event, but the execution is just lacklustre. Not truly bad, but it didn't live up to the potential at all.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The event had tons of good elements, but they really didn't know how to drive it home.
    So nothing actually comes to a logical conclusion. The "trial" ends up being completely meaningless.

I feel like this event could have been a truly great epic WW event, but the execution is just lacklustre. Not truly bad, but it didn't live up to the potential at all.
    As many people have said, way too many cooks in the kitchen. I could have called this one even before it started, you just have to know if it is going to be a collaboration of writers or just one cohesive vision with just one writer. If it's the former, you know it's going to be a clusterf@#k, if it's the latter you might have a chance.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

There's no real status quo change except more Amazons on the island.

I wish the ending would've been used to give everyone new costumes though.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    There's no real status quo change except more Amazons on the island.

I wish the ending would've been used to give everyone new costumes though.
    Diana got some new, ugly boots!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

And there are, of course, some outstanding questions:

Why did Hippolyta have to be poisoned for this to occur?
    Why did the elder Amazons have to absorb Chaos and defend Doom's Doorway on the other side?
    What was the point of the Contest that was never really a contest?
    Why did Donna Troy elect to represent Bana-Mighdall, or even align herself with the Esquicida? Why did she seem so disgruntled the entire time? Is she the adversarial Donna Troy from the Finches run?
    Okay, I’m glad I’m not the only one with these questions. At first I thought maybe I read through it too fast or maybe things were going over my head because there was no omniscient narrator spelling it all out in text boxes, like in the comics I grew up on. But, nah…

Despite the obviously good intentions of the talent involved (and the promise of the first three parts) I’m going to have to declare this Trial a mistrial.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Are you telling me they teased a tournament arc and didn't actually give us a tournament arc?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I hope that Faruka isnt de-clawed. Part of her greatness is her opposition to the Themiscryians and their ways. I cant see her giving up the crown, command, and living happily ever after w/Nubia as Queen.

What moments did Donna have outside of lashing out at Diana?

I like that she stood up for the Bana tribe and decided to be their champion.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like that she stood up for the Bana tribe and decided to be their champion.
    Yeah...she had that one moment that was completely out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Are you telling me they teased a tournament arc and didn't actually give us a tournament arc?
    Pretty much yes.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I'm of the opinion that I'm glad its finally over tbh. It started of pretty strong but boy howdy did it just faulter off. Many people have already pointed out the same problems that I had with this event comic; Artemis being ooc, Hippolyta's death, Diana being more follower then leader/reacting instead of acting, Donna's whole reason for being here, the tease of a tournament with nothing to show for it, Yara and the Escasita also being here, etc...

I'd like to throw in how random everything felt. Like whom was the antagonist of this event? it seemed to switch issue by issue. I would have liked a part of this to be an intro to this new villain, all I know is that he's some blonde guy with a thing for horns and destroying the amazons. Why did Chaos show up? WAS the plan from the oldest amazons to do this? Like, things that should have been answered or at least explored in this event, were just not. There was no real pace to this story by the end of it, stuff just happened, a lot of characters acted without reason, we weren't given clear motivations for some serious plot points.

Like, stuff happened and now the story is over, that's kind of how I feel.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Next writer? Clooney and Conrad aren't moving on at least not according to solicitations (are they?)
    Oh, okay. I considered Diana's track record when it comes to events.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Haha, they've been reading manga!