Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I got the sense that "Wonder Girl" is being treated as a title and position that is the first stage in the journey to becoming a "Wonder Woman" through one's performance in service to social justice--such that there can be more than one Wonder Girl, and, possibly, more than one Wonder Woman.
    I think a better way of handling it would've been to have Donna and Cassie there to give her more Wonder Girl cred instead of just Diana, but we needed Diana and Yara to finally start making a bond.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a better way of handling it would've been to have Donna and Cassie there to give her more Wonder Girl cred instead of just Diana, but we needed Diana and Yara to finally start making a bond.
    There is no need to establish a bond if it is more of a forced interaction for Diana. Let's face it, DC is trying to force Yara down our throats and wants Diana to be by her side for such stupid things as giving her the 'Wondergirl' mantle, as if it is for Diana to give. They make Diana to be the worst sort of mentor for Cassie or Donna. "Oh, hey by the way, I am going to give the Wondergirl title to Yara without asking you Cassie or Donna and for me knowing Yara for all of 5 minutes."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That would mean giving those two some agency and importance in Diana's life. It doesnt seem like any current team, including this one are interested in doing so.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

This is like the weirdest situation to have two characters bond, especially knowing she's about to "die".

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just thinking about how we should've had 2 issues dedicated to an actual trial and the chosen few battling it out. 1 issue where its each tribe vs one another. An Amazon corrupted by "Chaos" and killing Hippolyta. The Amazons in danger with Nubia/Faruka/Artemis/Cassie being the last ones standing as the tribes are defeated while Diana/Yara/Donna/Phillipus are on their trials, them coming back and teaming up with Nubia and co. to save their sisters. Faruka secretly double crossing the two tribes somehow to gain immortality for the Bana. Dooms Doorway releasing hell on Themiscryia and thus setting up a true new status quo of new villains unleashed on Earth before everyone can get the door closed before anymore get out.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    There is no need to establish a bond if it is more of a forced interaction for Diana. Let's face it, DC is trying to force Yara down our throats and wants Diana to be by her side for such stupid things as giving her the 'Wondergirl' mantle, as if it is for Diana to give. They make Diana to be the worst sort of mentor for Cassie or Donna. "Oh, hey by the way, I am going to give the Wondergirl title to Yara without asking you Cassie or Donna and for me knowing Yara for all of 5 minutes."
    When was the last time Diana actually felt like a mentor to Cassie and Donna?
    Also, Donna hasn't being Wonder Girl for more than 40 years. Diana should talk to Cassie, but Donna have moved on from that already.

I would actually liked to see the current and former wonder girls hanging out together and actually talking to each other, but that was not the type of talking this event was all about.
    They were more interesting in setting up for like 3 issues a Trial that didn't even happened.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    When was the last time Diana actually felt like a mentor to Cassie and Donna?
    Also, Donna hasn't being Wonder Girl for more than 40 years. Diana should talk to Cassie, but Donna have moved on from that already.

I would actually liked to see the current and former wonder girls hanging out together and actually talking to each other, but that was not the type of talking this event was all about.
    They were more interesting in setting up for like 3 issues a Trial that didn't even happened.
    In the main WW book? Like forever. But they had a team-up issue in one of those recent Wonder Woman satellite titles.

I feel like Donna and Diana should interact because she's ostensibly the closest thing Diana has to a younger sister.

DC spent years messing up the WW Family, taking the WG's out of WW titles, minimizing their relationships, turning their backstories into incomprehensible messes, cracked the very foundation of WW mythos with the daughter of Zeus/rapist Amazons nonsense. Then they create Yara supposedly to tap into the Brazilian market, gave her her own ongoing and possible tv show and are like...'please clap'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    DC spent years messing up the WW Family, taking the WG's out of WW titles, minimizing their relationships, turning their backstories into incomprehensible messes, cracked the very foundation of WW mythos with the daughter of Zeus/rapist Amazons nonsense. Then they create Yara supposedly to tap into the Brazilian market, gave her her own ongoing and possible tv show and are like...'please clap'.
    And those didn't go far...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Let's face it, DC is trying to force Yara down our throats....
    No one's forcing her down my throat. She's one of my favorite new DC characters in quite awhile.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

They were so focused on the hype train, they forgot to make her interesting or not a bore.

Extraordinary Member

The book was supposedly because Jones couldn't keep to a schedule as both writer and artist (tbf, though, few can). As for the tv show, that's a real shame. Probably the closest the WW mythos will have to having any sort real television exposure any time soon.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They were so focused on the hype train, they forgot to make her interesting or not a bore.
    Well, so far she seems like a quippy, irreverent, young woman which seems to be in-style at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She's as interesting as any other Wonder Woman character.

Let's be honest, the Wonder book usually doesn't put much effort into giving these characters notable personalities

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    She's as interesting as any other Wonder Woman character.

Let's be honest, the Wonder book usually doesn't put much effort into giving these characters notable personalities
    Well, depending on what run you're reading.