Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Superman/Wonder Woman - a team-up book centered around a romance a good chunk of fans from both fandoms don't like, that was mostly a Superman book for it's run.
    I think there were more fans than you think that liked the run, at least the first half of it until Soule dropped out as writer. When Tomasi came on and he started making revisionist history of their first meeting as well as the kiss, I think many of us could feel the death nell of the series starting. It didn't help that some of the arcs, liked Doomed was a crossover into the Superman comics which I didn't feel like buying, just the SM/WW ones.

But you are also right, it was more of an additional Superman title with Wonder Woman as support.

I think the support was there, but DC went back to the good ol' status quo with Superman-Lois. And they were married as soon as new52 Superman died and had a kid, that has magically aged and from what I hear might be de-aging.

They even took a line from the Superman/Wonder Woman series when nu52 Superman died and used this in the animated DC movie with Doomsday, but instead it was with Lois instead of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Most of those WW titles mentioned didn't even fail commercially. The new WG started to decline in sales pretty fast. Current WW still has had better sales than what yara showed at her peak. So.
    You don't even have the sales numbers to state that, no one has.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I liked SM/WW book. Them dating was a refreshing change for a bit.

To me that title only proved they don't have chemistry at all.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    To me that title only proved they don't have chemistry at all.
    I beg to differ. At least, when Soule was writing them, I felt the chemistry was there. After that, you might be right, but then again they let the nu52 implode when it had such a hot start off the presses, so to speak.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Louder for the haters in the cheap seats.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes i do. Sales for trasdes from Truth and Lies, her anniversary issue have been shown. Her novel sold very well too and was critically acclaimed. Yara started with strong sales like most comis do. And those numbers WW has matched them and even higher. So it's time for some people here to stop acting like she was achieving levels of success that WW could never achieve. And time will tell if that character has real staying power. WW is the ultimate example of stayng power. With all the crummy treatment and half baked efforts from her label. She remainec a pop culture icon with strong presence. Hit merchandise, comics, movies etc. Imagine if she was given a better push like others.

Extraordinary Member

Yes i do. Sales for trasdes from Truth and Lies, her anniversary issue have been shown. Her novel sold very well too and was critically acclaimed. Yara started with strong sales like most comis do. And those numbers WW has matched them and even higher.
    Okay, lil help? The site I've generally gone to in the past has been Comichron and for whatever reason DC's sales numbers aren't reflected on charts past October 2021. That said, WW's anniversary issue (which came in at #30) did, indeed outsell that month's WG #4 (which ranked #64), which honestly isn't a huge surprise since most anniversary issues sell better than a character's regular title. WG, however, still outperformed the regular WW book (#780), even if only by a couple slots (#66). It also outperformed Sensational Wonder Woman #3, which came in at #129.

Got a link to more recent sales statistics which illustrates exactly where WG's and WW's book appeared on sales charts?

You also mentioned sales of the WW trades Truth and Lies, which I don't think can really be used in the way that you're implying since the first collection of WG's book isn't even due out until October of this year. You really can't compare sales numbers in this instance since one of the books hasn't even been released yet.

So it's time for some people here to stop acting like she was achieving levels of success that WW could never achieve.
    Who's saying that exactly? All most of Yara's supporters are wondering is why this fresh new addition to the WW mythos is getting all this hate.

WW is the ultimate example of stayng power. With all the crummy treatment and half baked efforts from her label. She remainec a pop culture icon with strong presence. Hit merchandise, comics, movies etc. Imagine if she was given a better push like others.
    Okay, you're kind of contradicting yourself, here. With all her "hit merchandise, comics, movies, etc" how is she not getting a push? Aquaman doesn't even have a book right now.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Okay, lil help? The site I've generally gone to in the past has been Comichron and for whatever reason DC's sales numbers aren't reflected on charts past October 2021. That said, WW's anniversary issue (which came in at #30) did, indeed outsell that month's WG #4 (which ranked #64), which honestly isn't a huge surprise since most anniversary issues sell better than a character's regular title. WG, however, still outperformed the regular WW book (#780), even if only by a couple slots (#66). It also outperformed Sensational Wonder Woman #3, which came in at #129.

Got a link to more recent sales statistics which illustrates exactly where WG's and WW's book appeared on sales charts?

You also mentioned sales of the WW trades Truth and Lies, which I don't think can really be used in the way that you're implying since the first collection of WG's book isn't even due out until October of this year. You really can't compare sales numbers in this instance since one of the books hasn't even been released yet.

Who's saying that exactly? All most of Yara's supporters are wondering is why this fresh new addition to the WW mythos is getting all this hate.

Okay, you're kind of contradicting yourself, here. With all her "hit merchandise, comics, movies, etc" how is she not getting a push? Aquaman doesn't even have a book right now.
    Oh you mean like it's also normal for brand new titles to start with stronger sales? That was yara's case too. Just strong sales at the very beginning. What push? WW has been around for 81 years. What she has sold across different media and merchgandise is good considering that she has barely got any push compared to others. Harly quinn for example. But don't fool yourself into thinking WW gets a big push by DC. They suck at handling her brand. Let's see how yara peforms in the long run.

Yes i do. Sales for trasdes from Truth and Lies, her anniversary issue have been shown. Her novel sold very well too and was critically acclaimed. Yara started with strong sales like most comis do. And those numbers WW has matched them and even higher. So it's time for some people here to stop acting like she was achieving levels of success that WW could never achieve. And time will tell if that character has real staying power. WW is the ultimate example of stayng power. With all the crummy treatment and half baked efforts from her label. She remainec a pop culture icon with strong presence. Hit merchandise, comics, movies etc. Imagine if she was given a better push like others.
    Uhhm, that's what Trial of the Amazons was, a push that most of her fans yet again turned their collective noses up at and met with disdain. My guess is we'll have to wait 10-20 years before D.C. tries another Wonder Woman crossover. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Uhhm, that's what Trial of the Amazons was, a push that most of her fans yet again turned their collective noses up at and met with disdain. My guess is we'll have to wait 10-20 years before D.C. tries another Wonder Woman crossover. Thanks.
    We read it and gave our opinions on it. No one turned their noses up to it.

I'm glad we got a Wonder Woman event. I just wish it was more interesting and entertaining compared to the stories leading up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We read it and gave our opinions on it. No one turned their noses up to it.
    Tomato, tomato, that's a distinction without a difference.

Diana, Donna, Phillipus, Nubia, Cassie, Yara, Artemis, Antiope, Atalanta, Hippolyta and Faruka all combined to cause disinterest.

Incredible Member

Diana, Donna, Phillipus, Nubia, Cassie, Yara, Artemis, Antiope, Atalanta, Hippolyta and Faruka all combined to cause disinterest.
    I think the issue is that there was a lot of expectation, rightly so or not, and they weren't met. I liked the event and enjoyed following every issue for the month or so it was coming out. But there are legitimate criticisms to be made about the event, mainly around pacing, plotting, and consistency of the art.

....if only it werent.

What did Donna do in this? What were some of her amazing moments? What characters did she interact with? What did Artemis did besides kill Hippolyta and get confronted by Cassie? What did Antiope do besides showing up at the end? If we're turning out noses up to something so ground breaking, what are the stand out moments besides everyone being in the same place at the same time?