Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV series

hassan.maalik

Default TV series

Which TV series do you watch the most/ have watched for longest? and still love it

I found that, for me at least, comedy shows tend to have the most re-watchability. (not sure it's a word)

Sad, emotion heavy episodes/shows work 1 time, 2 times, 5 maybe but after a while it of course can't keep the same power.

Jokes now, i still laugh my arse off watching Seinfeld for example.

Same with anime. Seto no Hanayome still works fine for me when Clannad, not so much anymore. (random examples)
    Last edited by Starter Set; 02-15-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Most of them are comedies.

1. Coach
    2. Seinfeld
    3. Arrested Development
    4. Fraiser

“Serious “
    1. Justified
    2. X-Files
    3. The Flash (90s)

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Right now... the best three shows I'm watching are Counterpart (Starz)... The Alienist (TNT) ... and The Path (Hulu) ... and I really liked binging Altered Carbon (Netflix)... and The Magicians (SyFy) is a lot of fun...

BANNED

1. Friends - grew up with them and they are essentially family to me. I can watch the show over and over and it will never get old.

2. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I'm a die hard fan of all of Trek but it was only with DS9 where I felt I could really relate to all of the characters with an engaging storyline and profound character dynamics.

3. Stargate Atlantis

4. Andy Griffith Show

5. My Wife and Kids

6. Martin

7. Master of None

8. Agents of SHIELD

9. Legends of Tomorrow

10. Mr. Robot
    Last edited by Elmo; 02-15-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Twilight Zone
    Star Trek
    Batman (60's)
    All In The Family
    Happy Days
    Three Stooges
    King Of Queens
    The Walking Dead
    The Munsters
    Addams Family

BANNED

Buffy the Vampire slayer (+ spin-off) and Farscape.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Buffy and Angel, Xena, Star Trek TOS, Monty Python, and MST3K are the ones that have the most re-watch value for me. I started watching Supernatural on DVD in season 1 and am now up to season 11. Recently watched WKRP in Cincinnati and Gilligan's Island all the way through. And now I'm working on the original Twilight Zone.

I don't watch a ton of current shows: The Good Place, Agents of SHIELD, Game of Thrones, Westworld. I was watching Gotham, but my cable provider dropped Fox in a contract dispute and I don't know if they will bring it back.

I watch a bunch of show currently but older shows i always rewatch, Smallville/Buffy/Angel

Retired

BONANZA, PERRY MASON and THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW are series that were on TV when I was a baby and I've watched many times over since. Gives me warm feelings when I watch these shows, because I am reminded of watching them with my parents and my siblings.

Original STAR TREK is probably the show I've seen the most times in repeats. Other shows I like to rewatch are COLUMBO, SEINFELD, GILMORE GIRLS and QUANTUM LEAP.

NCIS, MASH, How to Train Your Dragon series (new season premieres tomorrow), and the Dragon Ball franchise (going through DBZ Kai Buu saga right now).

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Probably my all-time favorite show is The Wire... Black Sails was likewise brilliant...

Pay Cable current... Game of Thrones, Westworld, Outlander, Ash v Evil Dead, The Chi, Outcast, American Gods, The Duece, Strike Back, Ray Donovan, True Detective, The white Princess, Billions,

Pay Cable finished... Spartacus, Deadwood, Penny Dreadful, Dexter, Banshee, Quarry, Boardwalk Empire, Magic City, Rome, Newsroom, The Knick, DaVinci's Demons, The Sopranos

Basic Cable current... Mr. Robot, The Expanse, The Americans, The Son, The Alienist, taboo, The Walking Dead, The Magicians, Preacher, Better call Saul, Vikings, Humans, Queen of the South, The Last Ship, Legion, Cleverman, Animal Kingdom, Hap and Lenard, Falling Water, Damnation, knightfall, Into the Badlands, Snowfall

Basic Cable Finished... Orphan Black, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Halt and Catch Fire, tyrant, Turn, Hell on Wheels, Rectify, Mad Men, the Strain, Fargo,

I really love Netflix' Sense 8... Narcos... Stranger Things ... Ozark.... House of Cards.... Travelers... Bloodline... The Crown... Altered Carbon... Dark... Peaky Blinders ...Godless.... Mindhunter... The Last Kingdom... and of course, all the Marvel shows...

Hulu... Handmaid's Tale... The Path... Shut Eye.... 11-22-63... Runaways.... Harlots

Amazon... Man in the High Castle... Bosch... Mad Dogs.... Goliath... Sneaky Pete

... off the top of my head...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Mostly comedies. Of the hour-longs, Buffy, Freaks and Geeks, the West Wing and select episodes of the X-Files are probably the biggies.

In terms of comedies, I've probably rewatched Seinfeld the most but the Office, New Girl, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Arrested Development. Scrubs, Parks and Rec, Veep and Curb Your Enthusiasm have gotten multiple viewings and, sure enough, I still love all of them.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    BONANZA, PERRY MASON and THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW are series that were on TV when I was a baby and I've watched many times over since. Gives me warm feelings when I watch these shows, because I am reminded of watching them with my parents and my siblings.

Original STAR TREK is probably the show I've seen the most times in repeats. Other shows I like to rewatch are COLUMBO, SEINFELD, GILMORE GIRLS and QUANTUM LEAP.
    Quantum Leap is great to rewatch because of the interaction between Scott Bakula's Dr. Sam Beckett and Dean Stockwell's Rear Admiral Albert “Al” Calavicci.
    Rest in Peace Dean https://www.superherohype.com/tv/507...away-at-age-85

Watched the longest, The Simpsons, 33 years and counting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!