Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Black Adam Wants to Be PG-13 and Let the Bodies Hit the Floor."

"We have a very high kill count in our movie"

"Black Adam will give justice the way he feels appropriately and people typically don’t walk away from the justice he gives out. So we fully are honoring that."

Both quotes by the director, the latter back in August.

So, the question is, will any of that body count be the JSA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "Black Adam Wants to Be PG-13 and Let the Bodies Hit the Floor."

"We have a very high kill count in our movie"

"Black Adam will give justice the way he feels appropriately and people typically don’t walk away from the justice he gives out. So we fully are honoring that."

Both quotes by the director, the latter back in August.

So, the question is, will any of that body count be the JSA?
    I would assume if any of the JSA drop a body it'll be Atom-Smasher when he's tempted to join Adam's side or Hawkman if he goes all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would assume if any of the JSA drop a body it'll be Atom-Smasher when he's tempted to join Adam's side or Hawkman if he goes all out.
    Unless the movie will be filled with a bizarre number of redshirts lol

Atom-Smasher and Hawkman would be physical threats, so yeah one of them would have to lose :/ I don't see Black Adam doing draws.

Unless the movie will be filled with a bizarre number of redshirts lol

Atom-Smasher and Hawkman would be physical threats, so yeah one of them would have to lose :/ I don't see Black Adam doing draws.
    NO WAY should HM be a physical threat to BA.

AS should be able to dish out some damage with the combo of his strength and mass altering.

Of the confirmed characters the only JSAer that should be a physical threat to Adam is Kent Nelson/Fate. At least he was class 100 strength

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    NO WAY should HM be a physical threat to BA.
    Depends on if they let him have access to the Claw of Horus. That's a great equalizer. If it doesn't exist in the DCEU/This Movie, yeah, kind of a curbstomp.

AS should be able to dish out some damage with the combo of his strength and mass altering.
    That's a fight I look forward to seeing. Especially if they make him giant-size (50+ feet tall). It'll have to do till we get a Wonder Woman vs Giganta fight on the big screen.

Of the confirmed characters the only JSAer that should be a physical threat to Adam is Kent Nelson/Fate. At least he was class 100 strength
    ...ok didn't know STRENGTH was one of Fate's abilities. I know his magical abilities are insane, but strength? Interesting.

I honestly see him as the only JSA'er who is safe (ie won't get killed) but I've been wrong before.

Ultimate Member

Depends on if they let him have access to the Claw of Horus. That's a great equalizer. If it doesn't exist in the DCEU/This Movie, yeah, kind of a curbstomp.

That's a fight I look forward to seeing. Especially if they make him giant-size (50+ feet tall). It'll have to do till we get a Wonder Woman vs Giganta fight on the big screen.

...ok didn't know STRENGTH was one of Fate's abilities. I know his magical abilities are insane, but strength? Interesting.

I honestly see him as the only JSA'er who is safe (ie won't get killed) but I've been wrong before.
    Funny enough, pre-Crisis Fate was pretty much a "Superman" even without the helmet of Nabu.

I mean, keeping in mind he's the main character and Johnson's thing about the amount he can get hit, I don't see the JSA fairing well when they inevitably confront him, although hopefully they're fair about it.

It isn't just the Claw of Horus - If Black Adam recognizes Hawkman for who he is reincarnated from he might be VERY reluctant to go all out against him. More so than even Fate if they are going by the comics lore - seeing both the reincarnation of Khufu AND someone wielding the artifacts associated with Nabu might tone down Adam's more lethal tendencies against anyone fighting alongside them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

I'm more interested in seeing the fight between Black Adam and Atom Smasher

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It isn't just the Claw of Horus - If Black Adam recognizes Hawkman for who he is reincarnated from he might be VERY reluctant to go all out against him. More so than even Fate if they are going by the comics lore - seeing both the reincarnation of Khufu AND someone wielding the artifacts associated with Nabu might tone down Adam's more lethal tendencies against anyone fighting alongside them.
    Good point. You may have called it: this seems to be a passion project for Johnson so he may very well stick to the lore of the comics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

This and also it’s a movie. They have suggested Aldis Hodges role may be bigger then the other JSA members. They might make Hawkman and Black Adam closer in strength because it makes for a better story. Now Hawkman will have a team on his side so Black Adam will be stronger but I wouldn’t be surprised if Hawkman is the only one who can physically hang with Adam for more then a couple minutes. Obviously Fate should be the powerhouse here but comics and movies are seperate. Also wouldn’t br surprised if there is a villian here we don’t know about. Kinda typical of these movies they fight and then team up against something worse. Maybe something happens and Nabu goes full evil. Maybe they unleash something I don’t know but won’t be surprised if there is another villian they are keeping under wraps.

Extraordinary Member

Doctor fate is stronger then Hawkman (Carter Hall) and Hawkman (Katar Hol) in comics.
    Doctors fate has Invulnerability as well.
    Super Strength
    Super speed

All-New Member

Is there anything that rock cannot do?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, keeping in mind he's the main character and Johnson's thing about the amount he can get hit, I don't see the JSA fairing well when they inevitably confront him, although hopefully they're fair about it.
    Yeah, this is what concerns me most about the movie. How anti will our anti hero be? And will the JSA just be stooges getting in the way of Mr. Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, this is what concerns me most about the movie. How anti will our anti hero be? And will the JSA just be stooges getting in the way of Mr. Cool?
    It seems like they see franchise potential for the JSA so I don't think they'll come off too badly, but you never know.