Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends which ones we're talking about. With Adam it's partially because of the era he's from.
    I just mean most anti-heroes act like "I'm right and I'll do whatever I want." At least, that's my experience. I only know a little about Black Adam

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm more intrigued by this than I am with Shazam 2

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    While the guys he killed may be "bad", Adam apparently had no way of knowing that but killed then anyways.
    They had weapons, and I don't think we saw the scene completely in context. They're might be some cuts missing from that showing them threatening Adrianna. Also they weren't explorers they were clearly Mercenaries. They were probably grave robbing his tomb(Prison). The kinda character Black Adam is. That's enough of an offense alone to warrant death. Though I will say in that scene without context it does seem like he woke up and just killed the first person he saw without hesitation. But there are alot of ways more context can change that scene.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They had weapons, and I don't think we saw the scene completely in context. They're might be some cuts missing from that showing them threatening Adrianna. Also they weren't explorers they were clearly Mercenaries. They were probably grave robbing his tomb(Prison). The kinda character Black Adam is. That's enough of an offense alone to warrant death. Though I will say in that scene without context it does seem like he woke up and just killed the first person he saw without hesitation. But there are alot of ways more context can change that scene.
    I'm okay with it even with out context.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm okay with it even with out context.
    Sure I wouldn't mind them going straight villian but they won't. He will be a anti-hero. I don't see him doing anything worse then something someone like Punisher would do. So bad stuff but no killing innocent people without cause or atleast a perceived cause. Anyway yes scene was cool hope they go dark with the Character.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sure I wouldn't mind them going straight villian but they won't. He will be a anti-hero. I don't see him doing anything worse then something someone like Punisher would do. So bad stuff but no killing innocent people without cause or atleast a perceived cause. Anyway yes scene was cool hope they go dark with the Character.
    I don't think he'll b out right villain either, but killing random guys who wake you up in your tomb wouldn't be outside of the anti-hero kind of story so with or with out context the scene works.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I think it will be your typical battle eachother (Black Adam/JSA) for some of the movie and then they team up to put down a greater threat and then part ways with the JSA vowing to always be watching him in case he gets out of line and Adam basically saying 'whatever' and going off to do his thing.

Typical comic book ish.

curious to see it. I will admit after all this time I wondered if we even really needed this movie and at the same time, I find myself inspired by Johnson in my own life and projects I have with him sticking with this for 10 years bound and determined to get it done come hell or high water.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm just curious how they'll frame what Adam did that got the Wizard to seal him away from Adam's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just curious how they'll frame what Adam did that got the Wizard to seal him away from Adam's perspective.
    Here's a year-old clue that Johnson did when I guess the public wanted something, a crumb, a morsel, about his progress with the Black Adam movie.

They basically empowered a victim who in turn became the victimizer. Remember, the wizard Shazam said he used his power for revenge and in doing so inadvertently released the 7 Sins that the Shazam Family fought 5k years later.

So, Black Adam's own perspective will probably be along the lines of "I did what I must for my country". That the wizards who imprisoned him were wrong, and that the world needs a closed fist not an open hand. Otherwise the world will become as cruel as Kahndaq was before he got powers. Ironically not realizing he's the instrument of the world becoming just that, not the prevention.

I think the movie will show he can be changed, that's he's not too far gone. That while he'll never be pure like Billy, his thinking doesn't have to be so...rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    comes off villainous or is he straight up a villain?
    For some reason I sometimes get the notion that Dwayne Johnson seems eager to play the anti-hero type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Here's a year-old clue that Johnson did when I guess the public wanted something, a crumb, a morsel, about his progress with the Black Adam movie.

They basically empowered a victim who in turn became the victimizer. Remember, the wizard Shazam said he used his power for revenge and in doing so inadvertently released the 7 Sins that the Shazam Family fought 5k years later.

So, Black Adam's own perspective will probably be along the lines of "I did what I must for my country". That the wizards who imprisoned him were wrong, and that the world needs a closed fist not an open hand. Otherwise the world will become as cruel as Kahndaq was before he got powers. Ironically not realizing he's the instrument of the world becoming just that, not the prevention.

I think the movie will show he can be changed, that's he's not too far gone. That while he'll never be pure like Billy, his thinking doesn't have to be so...rigid.
    Yeah, I think the movie is going to condense Black Adam's story from the Geoff Johns' era of the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    For some reason I sometimes get the notion that Dwayne Johnson seems eager to play the anti-hero type.
    Yea I don't think he wants to get typecast as family friendly guy. I mean after he became a star doing mostly family friendly stuff(A couple more adult roles like faster sprinkled in) he produced and starred in Ballers. Nothing family friendly about that. His character being an addict who cussed like a sailor was the least of it. Think he doesn't wanna be pegged as any one thing. **** he was just on a song with Rapper Tech n9ne.

Now if he really wanted to stay away from being typecast maybe he should play the villain now and then. I only recall Doom and Mummy 2 where he's not a good guy.

Ultimate Member

Yea I don't think he wants to get typecast as family friendly guy. I mean after he became a star doing mostly family friendly stuff(A couple more adult roles like faster sprinkled in) he produced and starred in Ballers. Nothing family friendly about that. His character being an addict who cussed like a sailor was the least of it. Think he doesn't wanna be pegged as any one thing. **** he was just on a song with Rapper Tech n9ne.

Now if he really wanted to stay away from being typecast maybe he should play the villain now and then. I only recall Doom and Mummy 2 where he's not a good guy.
    Get Smart also

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Get Smart also
    Forgot he was in that movie your right. Also while he wasn't an antagonist he wasn't a good guy in Pain and Gain. They were shitty people. Anyway Black Adam is the closes he's gotten to a bad guy since becoming a mega star.

Ultimate Member

Forgot he was in that movie your right. Also while he wasn't an antagonist he wasn't a good guy in Pain and Gain. They were shitty people. Anyway Black Adam is the closes he's gotten to a bad guy since becoming a mega star.
    They were shitty people yes, but Dwayne's character was the most sympathetic of the trio by a large margin.