Default DC Comics Warlord: movie or TV show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_(DC_Comics)

I was wondering when there will be an adaptation of DC Comics Warlord (the Mike Grell creation), and would it be better set up as a movie series or as television show? With all the hubbub over Game of Thrones, the LOTR update, other similar shows, it's odd that you never hear anything about this property being developed by Warner Bros. and DC films.

Has anyone ever asked James Gunn about this franchise yet?

Definitely TV show... animated... in the CalArts style...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Definitely TV show... animated... in the CalArts style...
    what is the CalArts style?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_(DC_Comics)

I was wondering when there will be an adaptation of DC Comics Warlord (the Mike Grell creation), and would it be better set up as a movie series or as television show? With all the hubbub over Game of Thrones, the LOTR update, other similar shows, it's odd that you never hear anything about this property being developed by Warner Bros. and DC films.

Has anyone ever asked James Gunn about this franchise yet?
    It seems no Warlord cartoon is forthcoming this round. We’ll all have to settle for watching that Justice League rerun over and over on HBO Max until they remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the CalArts style?
    It refers to cartoons like Gumball.

I’m not sure I’d actually like a Warlord cartoon in that style.

In many ways, I’m just as happy that Warlord remains mostly just a comic in the past, and that it is not on DC Studio’s and Gunn’s agenda.

I haven’t loved all the movie adaptations we’ve gotten. Also, while I’m glad WB Discovery is making an attempt to get DC movies in shape with Gunn, I don’t love all the announcements.

I’m fine that Warlord isn’t a part of DC Studio plans at the moment. I just wish they get Warlord reprints back in print.

Boisterously Confused

Definitely a show.