Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would make sense if only because the villains they're fighting make it more relevant to Wonder Woman than, like, the actual Captain Marvel/Shazam mythos.
    Well...true. As much as I would have loved Cavill popping up in part 1, it wouldn't have made sense like Wonder Woman popping up in part 2 would.

Plus looking at the timeline, Shazam 1 came out roughly two years after Justice League (Whedon cut), a film that WB wanted to be the end of Cavill's Superman anyway. They still see life in Wonder Woman, and it would be inbetween her third (and final?) film. 5 appearances total vs Cavill's three, six if she cameos in Shazam 2.

That's why I'm hoping whatever sequel they come up with for Black Adam, Cavill's Superman gets a cameo, even if its a sort of "goodbye and thanks, Henry Cavill" type of cameo, similar to what it appears Affleck's Batman is getting in "The Flash".

So we're getting Shazam 2 THIS year on the 16h.

Can't find any info on a Wonder Woman cameo. Maybe DC is better at keeping secrets than Marvel?

But with the Shazam sequel moved up I suppose we'll get an actual trailer around June/July.

Amazing Member

Really good sign shazam being moved this is one of the few films I am excited for but just involve black adam as next villain i wish they would keep all the films as solo films

Quote Originally Posted by Batfleck89 View Post
    Really good sign shazam being moved this is one of the few films I am excited for but just involve black adam as next villain i wish they would keep all the films as solo films
    I think that's the trajectory. Shazam 1, Shazam 2, Black Adam, Shazam vs Black Adam. Basically Shazam 3 will double as Black Adam 2 (or Black Adam 2 will double as Shazam 3 depending on your perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I think that's the trajectory. Shazam 1, Shazam 2, Black Adam, Shazam vs Black Adam. Basically Shazam 3 will double as Black Adam 2 (or Black Adam 2 will double as Shazam 3 depending on your perspective).
    That's what I'm hoping for .

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So we're getting Shazam 2 THIS year on the 16h.
    Guess I'd better make that the 21st (of December).

I guess we won't get a real trailer until after Black Adam is released in October, so until then, all we have is this teaser/behind the scenes from Comicon:

Mighty Member

SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS - Official Trailer 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Same vibe and energy as the first one (well, of course, same director). Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    This looks fun.

I wish they stopped depicting Billy as being kind of incompetent/idiotic as a Superhero. Like, what's the Wisdom of Solomon even for?

It'll be nice to see more of The Wizard.

It does feel lacking a comic book-y moneyshot...like an "hey, it's Tawky Tawny!" or "Hey, it's Mr. Atom!" or "it's the Monster Society of Evil!" instead it's...famous actresses being villains.

.... so I'm wondering what the point is going to be of a Shazam vs Black Adam going to be.. does Teth get 'possessed' (Mr. Mind?), is he convinced that by killing Billy he can take over the world (doesn't he already become the ruler of Kandaq?), or what exactly?

I'd rather just see a team up from the get go instead of going the "Batman vs Superman" route for 3/4 of the movie then the climax is versus, uh, the monster society, Mr. Mind and those in his thrall or whoever else..

Way back in its infancy, when he first got picked to be Black Adam, Dwayne Johnson said the ultimate goal is actually a three-way fight between Black Adam, Shazam, and Superman. If he gets his way (and I think he will), well that complicates things further storywise (2-way fight then 3-way fight then all three team up to fight...?)

The only question is who will play Superman. DC at this point could do two things: give Henry Cavill a nice paycheck to play Superman one last time, as a sort of coda to his iteration...or...use Shazam vs Black Adam to introduce the new person playing Superman going forward.

My wish is that its movie #1 of a new 5-movie deal they give Cavill...but it'll probably be the latter (new actor introduction).

Looks like pure kino to me.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Oops here's trailer #2 from two days ago:

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Looks pretty solid to me, hopefully this doesn't get messed up by WB's shenanigans.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!