View Poll Results: Does Duke have the potential to become the strongest ever Bat-family member?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (why so?)

8 40.00%
  • No (why not?)

12 60.00%

Default Could Duke potentially be the strongest ever member of the Bat-family?

So, since Duke has Bat-family training, but with ACTUAL superpowers, he pretty much has the potential to become the strongest ever Bat-family member, right?

... probably even more so than Bruce?

Yes, I think so. Bruce with prep time always wins, though.

I don't even think it's a question that he's potentially the strongest member, his powers are pretty significant and they seem to only get more nuanced and potent over time. to be honest, on paper he probably already should be, he just lacks experience. he can see your next move before you do, he can turn invisible, he can manipulate the lighting of your environment, he can travel through shadows (and light), and he can heal rapidly in a pitch, plus he's probably getting his own Souktaker at the end of this Urban Legends story. now, i don't think he'll ever be portrayed as being the stronger in direct relation to the others (at least not anytime soon) if only because his character doesn't have the clout to be allowed to out-flex a lot of the Batfam if they're on screen together; a lot of Robin and Cass fans lost their mind when they hyped Duke up a little bit in his Secret Files one-shot.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Hard to say, there is imo no real consistency in his powers and skills imo.

I mean even in the Secret Files one-shot he first he could hold his own against Cass and them got his ass handed to him by Riko a few pages later...

Astonishing Member

Whatever power gap between Duke and the other Batfam members exist the power gap between Superman and Batman is infinitely larger but the writers under no circumstance will let Batman lose to Superman. Powers, really don't matter. Popularity does.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah if he can perceive incoming attack and protect himself with shadows, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hard to say, there is imo no real consistency in his powers and skills imo.

I mean even in the Secret Files one-shot he first he could hold his own against Cass and them got his ass handed to him by Riko a few pages later...
    That kinda goes with every character though.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Whatever power gap between Duke and the other Batfam members exist the power gap between Superman and Batman is infinitely larger but the writers under no circumstance will let Batman lose to Superman. Powers, really don't matter. Popularity does.
    Oh. Cool. Then we just need to promote Duke more.

There are people who don't acknowledge Cass as the better martial artist than Bruce, but fans, writers and editors are supporting it. Then and now.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-17-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That kinda goes with every character though.
    Maybe but with Duke it is imo worse, since he constantly changes writers, and hey never relay taken the time to explore his powers.

Usually he just suddenly has a new power uses it in one story, and than it doesn't really comes up again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't even think it's a question that he's potentially the strongest member, his powers are pretty significant and they seem to only get more nuanced and potent over time. to be honest, on paper he probably already should be, he just lacks experience. he can see your next move before you do, he can turn invisible, he can manipulate the lighting of your environment, he can travel through shadows (and light), and he can heal rapidly in a pitch, plus he's probably getting his own Souktaker at the end of this Urban Legends story. now, i don't think he'll ever be portrayed as being the stronger in direct relation to the others (at least not anytime soon) if only because his character doesn't have the clout to be allowed to out-flex a lot of the Batfam if they're on screen together; a lot of Robin and Cass fans lost their mind when they hyped Duke up a little bit in his Secret Files one-shot.
    This, pretty much completely.

It's not so much a question of "could" and "potentially", as the reality and current trajectory is more "should" and "already is"; it's a question of "if they will allow Duke to be what he's already inclined to be" and "how much trouble will Duke's haters' resistance cause" then anything else at this point.

Voted no simply because Batman 666 exists and he is immortal. Beyond it was stated that Duke will one day be the most powerful in the Dcu. his powers are legit.