Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You guys realise that since that FF issue takes place on Halloween, Beyond must be set in November? If Beyond was set before Halloween, then Peter wouldn't be able to meet up with Johnny - as he's currently hospitalised.
    Marvel (the editors who work there especially) don't care about timelines! That line of thinking went out the door the same day Jim Shooter did. Silly boy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, still no idea how we made it through 10 years of Slott/BND in retrospective.
    I'd like to say it was with the help of a stiff drink. Because that is the only way you can swallow that drivel up above in the examples.

Yeah, still no idea how we made it through 10 years of Slott/BND in retrospective.
    Like I said, maybe y'all got Stockholm Syndrome .

So over Slott's Spider-Man... No offense to the guy but I hope he doesn't do a second run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So over Slott's Spider-Man... No offense to the guy but I hope he doesn't do a second run.
    He said that people online were so afraid that he would write Spider-man again after Spencer that he tweeted he won't ever write ASM again because it's a young mans job and he can't keep up w/ the pace.Hopefully it stays that way and he doesn't touch ASM or a mini/alt. Spidey series ever again.

He said that people online were so afraid that he would write Spider-man again after Spencer that he tweeted he won't ever write ASM again because it's a young mans job and he can't keep up w/ the pace.Hopefully it stays that way and he doesn't touch ASM or a mini/alt. Spidey series ever again.
    He might still write minis, tie-ins or whatever, but yeah, if he's being honestly about writing ASM being an young man's job, then it's unlikely he'll come back to that.

A satellite title is a possibility too thinking of it...

I don't think Slott could keep up with ASM's schedule any more.

BANNED

Dan Slott is right now 54 years old, just 10 years older than Zeb Wells who's the main "architect" of ASM. So he's not that old. Not that I want to impugn or downplay any undisclosed issues of health he might or might not have shared in public.

ASM being a young man's job is strange because most writers of ASM aren't exactly young men. Gerry Conway at Age 19 was the major exception. JMS was late-40s when he wrote ASM. I have no idea how old Nick Spencer is since his wikipedia page doesn't list his year of birth for some reason.

Maybe a mid-life crisis is necessary for writing ASM, lol!!!

Anyway, a second run on ASM is rare. Only Tom Defalco got to do it and it wasn't really popular when he did it. People have come back to do issues here and there, but no major full runs.

So it's quite unlikely for Slott to return for another run. Not impossible but unlikely. At best he might do a second story in an extended big issue like say in 900, 950, and maybe 1000. He might do a fill-in issue. Most likely he'll be asked to do a small mini like Dematteis' upcoming Ben Reilly series next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Dan Slott is right now 54 years old, just 10 years older than Zeb Wells who's the main "architect" of ASM. So he's not that old. Not that I want to impugn or downplay any undisclosed issues of health he might or might not have shared in public.

ASM being a young man's job is strange because most writers of ASM aren't exactly young men. Gerry Conway at Age 19 was the major exception. JMS was late-40s when he wrote ASM. I have no idea how old Nick Spencer is since his wikipedia page doesn't list his year of birth for some reason.
    Could always be that he feels like he doesn't have the energy for it, even if other writers were around his age.

Maybe a mid-life crisis is necessary for writing ASM, lol!!!
    Would certainly explain, some, stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Could always be that he feels like he doesn't have the energy for it, even if other writers were around his age.

Would certainly explain, some, stories...
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I was thinking of OMD and BND when I wrote that lol.

Considering that BND Peter can be seen as a 50 year old guy having a mid-life crisis and acting like he thinks a 20 year old should act... You might have a point there .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's very appropriate...

Extraordinary Member

Well, a whole bunch of nothing and then a random kid saying Miles is the real Spider-man.Yeah f Slott, there was potential and Peter giving advice to Johnny in his relationship thing and more.He should never write Spider-man again, he wants to write the "real" Spider-man, give him Miles.

2 good web feats though.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-20-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Far as FF Slott issues go this one was pretty harmless - I've heard he's already done some 'damage' overall. He's definitely hamming it up on the dialogue but given how the whole thing besides the occasional bloodshed definitely was supposed to work like a saturday morning cartoon it seemed to fit with the issue.

The whole "Miles is the REAL Spider-Man" just sounds like the usual "Kate Bishop, the REAL Hawkeye!" treatment where Marvel is desperate to get anyone under 30 buying their stuff, so sure. If that helps 'em cope.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Far as FF Slott issues go this one was pretty harmless - I've heard he's already done some 'damage' overall. He's definitely hamming it up on the dialogue but given how the whole thing besides the occasional bloodshed definitely was supposed to work like a saturday morning cartoon it seemed to fit with the issue.

The whole "Miles is the REAL Spider-Man" just sounds like the usual "Kate Bishop, the REAL Hawkeye!" treatment where Marvel is desperate to get anyone under 30 buying their stuff, so sure. If that helps 'em cope.
    I agree, any other writer and it's just a joke but Slott's done way too much to be playing like that IMO