Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I keep seeing this described. Why would would WW need to do something like this?
    To turn his spine into a weapon and kill a bunch of mutated, monster Amazons.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-21-2021 at 03:21 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Our Worlds At War was a crossover where he kind of pooped on her power levels. He engaged fans on the boards, apologized and said he would do better. In the S/B stuff we see him largely make good on this. He put in queues that let the reader know that the Diana we see in the alternate timeline is different from the volume 2 Diana. The different uniform and the absence of the silver bracelets are intentional.

This appearance and the ones where he handles her later are where took extra steps to learn the mechanics of her powers and her gear. And he did make good on it.
    our worlds at war is where WW almost die from an imperiex probe explosion that superman tanked. Is there any evidence that jeph apologized about how he treated her in that event? There is a board to check this out or something?

Astonishing Member

Our Worlds At War was a crossover where he kind of pooped on her power levels. He engaged fans on the boards, apologized and said he would do better. In the S/B stuff we see him largely make good on this. He put in queues that let the reader know that the Diana we see in the alternate timeline is different from the volume 2 Diana. The different uniform and the absence of the silver bracelets are intentional.

This appearance and the ones where he handles her later are where took extra steps to learn the mechanics of her powers and her gear. And he did make good on it.
    I remember this. Regardless of my opinion of him now, he certainly did make good here.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    To turn his spine into a weapon and kill a bunch of mutated, monster Amazons.
    Man, I was hoping time would make it sound less clunky, but it has not dulled the edge of that bad idea.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man, I was hoping time would make it sound less clunky, but it has not dulled the edge of that bad idea.
    First two issues of the story were actually pretty good but that pretty much killed the whole story me.

"Game Of Thrones ending syndrome" and all that.

First two issues of the story were actually pretty good but that pretty much killed the whole story me.

"Game Of Thrones ending syndrome" and all that.
    I turned on it when it became another “evil Amazons” story. Come on Diana has an entire Rogues Gallery begging to be used! The spine thing was just weird because I’m still not sure what it’s meant to evoke out of you emotionally? Am I supposed to be touched? Because it doesn’t feel like a respectful way to treat a corpse lmao. Guess it’s meant to be a “f*** yeah” moment but it’s just too jarring and unlike Diana to really hit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I turned on it when it became another “evil Amazons” story. Come on Diana has an entire Rogues Gallery begging to be used! The spine thing was just weird because I’m still not sure what it’s meant to evoke out of you emotionally? Am I supposed to be touched? Because it doesn’t feel like a respectful way to treat a corpse lmao. Guess it’s meant to be a “f*** yeah” moment but it’s just too jarring and unlike Diana to really hit.
    I am just as baffled as you. The story before took itself rather seriously but that was straight out of Synder (both of them )

Yeah, even before Superman showed up I was getting some red flags with Hippolyta. Jokes on me that this was also one of the first stories since New 52 Daddy Zeus origin that explicitly uses the clay birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This, and I think the only thing you were supposed to think is "that's fucking metal!!!!!"

Just like turning the lasso into a glorified ripchord, it just feels like they're trying way too hard to make Diana cool instead of actually showing you why she is. Desecrating her friend's corpse isn't very Wonder Woman to me.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    our worlds at war is where WW almost die from an imperiex probe explosion that superman tanked. Is there any evidence that jeph apologized about how he treated her in that event? There is a board to check this out or something?
    These were during the Black and Blue message board days. Some very good conversations took place there between readers and creators, most notably Jeph Loeb, Walt Simonson, Mark Waid, and Phil Jimenez. Those boards are long dead.

Is mystical on a quest to get everyone who has ever wronged Diana to publicly apologize for their 'transgressions'? XD
    Last edited by John Venus; 10-23-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is mystical on a quest to get everyone whose every wronged Diana to publicaly apologize for their 'transgressions'? XD
    Among other things. lol
    May we never forget:

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Is mystical on a quest to get everyone whose every wronged Diana to publicaly apologize for their 'transgressions'? XD
    Is this where you and certain other posters try to pile on criticism to someone who doesn't share your viewpoint? Posterboard bullying?

How about we don't settle for crumbs with Wonder Woman which many have done. If mystical has to keep reciting similar points over and over, one reason is because it is not getting through to many people on this board, or perhaps even the editors that may read these messages.

Astonishing Member

It seems like it. And while I do feel creating or making every thread about it is incredibly annoying and just plain unnecessary (seriously, they need to ease up about it), it's hard to argue that there aren't transgressions.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is this where you and certain other posters try to pile on criticism to someone who doesn't share your viewpoint? Posterboard bullying?

How about we don't settle for crumbs with Wonder Woman which many have done. If mystical has to keep reciting similar points over and over, one reason is because it is not getting through to many people on this board, or perhaps even the editors that may read these messages.
    I'm not trying to pile on or bully anyone.

Just because I tried to bring some levity into the thread doesn't mean I'm suddenly accepting crumbs or that I think the discussion about power levels are without merit.

Mystical is free to talk about power levels however much they like, that doesn't mean we aren't free to disagree or make a joke about the situation.

Personally, I think a little humor is necessary sometimes especially when talking about stories the feature jet pack apes, kangaroos that can criss-cross planets and women that can be shot into space with a canon without any harm to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It seems like it. And while I do feel creating or making every thread about it is incredibly annoying and just plain unnecessary (seriously, they need to ease up about it), it's hard to argue that there aren't transgressions.
    Yeah, I thought this was what we had the power level thread for.