Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've got to ask, is the purpose of this thread just to take this one isolated moment from an otherwise 'ok' story arc and complain about it endlessly whilst dragging other stories that bother us into it without seeing the story in it's entire context?

Criticism is fine, I think Injustice, Kingdom Come, Trinity and even this Jeph Loeb story deserve flack for how they characterized Diana. But this thread feels fruitless.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Talking about Superman because he appears in the WW comics is fine, but talking about Superman for a fight from 20 years ago is not so much.
    I don't see why. Besides, the pattern is still happening today in most of WW vs SM battles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've got to ask, is the purpose of this thread just to take this one isolated moment from an otherwise 'ok' story arc and complain about it endlessly whilst dragging other stories that bother us into it without seeing the story in it's entire context?

Criticism is fine, I think Injustice, Kingdom Come, Trinity and even this Jeph Loeb story deserve flack for how they characterized Diana. But this thread feels fruitless.
    I mean, for the most part it's just another thread to complain about how WW measures up against Batman and Superman in re to how editorial sees them. Which is a completely fair and valid point, of course, but it just kinda seems redundant, tbh.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, for the most part it's just another thread to complain about how WW measures up against Batman and Superman in re to how editorial sees them. Which is a completely fair and valid point, of course, but it just kinda seems redundant, tbh.
    So editorial is ok with things such WW treated as the ''least'' ethical between batman and superman. Ok with WW being SM and at times even BM's punching bag. Ok with WW being constantly used as the trophy to beat and or kill brutally to elevate others usually superman? Very intersting way to act while using WW's status as a feminist girl power icon to sell.

Talking about Superman because he appears in the WW comics is fine, but talking about Superman for a fight from 20 years ago is not so much.
    Superman fans haven't shut up about a certain fight with Batman from almost 40 years ago.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yes. There's a reason this forum wears me down sometimes and I just take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Superman fans haven't shut up about a certain fight with Batman from almost 40 years ago.
    If that book would stop getting used as faultless scripture, the wound could heal.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Swear mystical is out to make a thread for every single occurrence where Diana jobs. This sub forum will be nothing but mystical threads complaining about every single comic panel where Diana is ill treated lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Swear mystical is out to make a thread for every single occurrence where Diana jobs. This sub forum will be nothing but mystical threads complaining about every single comic panel where Diana is ill treated lol.
    You have to admit, she jobs alot!

Still can't get over that Aquaman is now her superior!

Mighty Member

WW fans on the WW forum have to talk about WW, but for some reason they put Superman everywhere, they always complain about the way WW is treated compared to Superman, but Batman is hardly mentioned .
    Batman is the negative star of almost any DCAU thread about Wonder Woman, and as little as that is the case for most others Superman is more often a problem for the portrayal of Wonder Woman than Batman, and Batman is also typically a problem for anyone in these kind of stories and not specifically just for Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If DC and WB would not have been so sexist, incompetent, ignorant, and several other negative terms that fit shockingly well at portraying Wonder Woman over so many years and decades, especially in comparisons with Batman and even more Superman, mystical would not find so much to complain, i can even promise already that the mystical threads i have seen just scratched the surface so far .

Although i think it would go a long way already if DC finally truly proves that they have changed, if they finally make Aquaman believable kryptonian and green lantern tier if they so desperately want to portray him as a good fight for Wonder Woman, and if the Wonder Woman part in the next Fandome looks less pathetic than the 1 in her 80th Anniversary year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yes. There's a reason this forum wears me down sometimes and I just take a break.
    No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If that book would stop getting used as faultless scripture, the wound could heal.
    As a Batman fan, I do love the story. But that fight really needs to be put to bed, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    If DC and WB would not have been so sexist, incompetent, ignorant, and several other negative terms that fit shockingly well at portraying Wonder Woman over so many years and decades, especially in comparisons with Batman and even more Superman, mystical would not find so much to complain, i can even promise already that the mystical threads i have seen just scratched the surface so far .

Although i think it would go a long way already if DC finally truly proves that they have changed, if they finally make Aquaman believable kryptonian and green lantern tier if they so desperately want to portray him as a good fight for Wonder Woman, and if the Wonder Woman part in the next Fandome looks less pathetic than the 1 in her 80th Anniversary year.
    Well, yeah but no one who posts here actually works for WB/DC so it's not like making essentially the same thread every two or three weeks is gonna actually change anything where every story where Diana jobs has to get thoroughly dissected and have an explanation for it.

Mighty Member

Well, yeah but no one who posts here actually works for WB/DC so it's not like making essentially the same thread every two or three weeks is gonna actually change anything where every story where Diana jobs has to get thoroughly dissected and have an explanation for it.
    Well if here would be actually users working for DC or WB, i would personally make such a thread each week , but because that is not the case i don't but can still to a degree understand mystical's big frustration with DC and WB.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I fail to see how he didn't disrespect her. And what is OWAW?
    Our Worlds At War was a crossover where he kind of pooped on her power levels. He engaged fans on the boards, apologized and said he would do better. In the S/B stuff we see him largely make good on this. He put in queues that let the reader know that the Diana we see in the alternate timeline is different from the volume 2 Diana. The different uniform and the absence of the silver bracelets are intentional.

This appearance and the ones where he handles her later are where took extra steps to learn the mechanics of her powers and her gear. And he did make good on it.

WW ripped off Superman's spine to use as a weapon, which may explain why the creator and greatest icon of superhero comics is treated in this way. but I guess if it's WW who humiliates Superman, nothing happens.
    I keep seeing this described. Why would would WW need to do something like this?