Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Green Lantern #11 Preview

Green Lantern #11 Preview
    Writer: Geoffrey Thorne
    Artist: Tom Raney and Marco Santucci

Jo really did miss all the fun while being in Far Sector (not that she didn't keep busy) .

Is Hippolyta basically supposed to be the JL's Thor now? Having flourished speech bubbles and making grandiose, epic, speeches all the time?

I also guess artists finally got the message that Wally is The Flash now. Will Wally and John get to interact? Not that he and Hal have had time to catch up much.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm jazzed to see Thorne write Hal, but I'm also trying to keep my expectations in check because this is decidedly not a Hal Jordan story, nor should it become one. Hal was one of my favorite parts of Mosaic and was used sparingly, to great effect.

The no BS respect between Jo & Hal is amazing. Yup, these two are not dating, ever, but I can see a lot of fun adventures with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The no BS respect between Jo & Hal is amazing. Yup, these two are not dating, ever, but I can see a lot of fun adventures with those two.
    I'd rather see Jo and Guy team up since they were both cops. I feel that could be fun. Despite surface differences, their "bond of blue" would generate an immediate rapport.

What does being a godstorm even mean? I'm sincerely curious.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What does being a godstorm even mean? I'm sincerely curious.
    you'll find out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you'll find out.
    I'm making a wild guess and assuming it is going to involve a lot of Kirby Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm making a wild guess and assuming it is going to involve a lot of Kirby Dots.
    Yeah, that's my assumption as well.

I hope we get some Green Lantern related news this week. I hate that there's no explanation on why Green Lantern isn't listed on the April solicits.

For someone who doesn't like Hal... Thorne does write an ok Hal.

It looks like Thorne didn't know Dark Crisis plans, but those panels with Lonar saying that this is not what John is supposed to do... could be read as Lonar preparing for Dark Crisis? John "wastes" his energy here and due to that gets taken out in Death of Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it goes to show that a writer can potentially write a character really good, regardless of their personal views of the character. So liking a character (or disliking) and writing a character professionally are two different things.

It looks like Thorne didn't know Dark Crisis plans, but those panels with Lonar saying that this is not what John is supposed to do... could be read as Lonar preparing for Dark Crisis? John "wastes" his energy here and due to that gets taken out in Death of Justice League?
    I'm wondering about this as well.

I love John's passion for the Green Lantern Corps, but I'm wondering whether him choosing this path over his destiny to save the Green Lantern Corps leads to him losing his powers, resulting him losing the battle in the Death of Justice League? Or this cosmic threat has nothing to do with the Justice League and it could be a teaser in an upcoming Green Lantern issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think it goes to show that a writer can potentially write a character really good, regardless of their personal views of the character. So liking a character (or disliking) and writing a character professionally are two different things.

I'm wondering about this as well.

I love John's passion for the Green Lantern Corps, but I'm wondering whether him choosing this path over his destiny to save the Green Lantern Corps leads to him losing his powers, resulting him losing the battle in the Death of Justice League? Or this cosmic threat has nothing to do with the Justice League and it could be a teaser in an upcoming Green Lantern issue?
    Interesting thought process, I guess we have to wait and see what happens next issue and in issue 75 of Justice League
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think Thorne's gone on record as enjoying GL:TAS so he at least has a good frame of reference for what people expect from a good, solid, depiction of Hal.

Ultimate Member

Or maybe he's a professional like he said he was.

There are some former editors and writers who need to take NOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or maybe he's a professional like he said he was.

There are some former editors and writers who need to take NOTE.
    Especially with this fandom/franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially with this fandom/franchise.
    Right. Justin Jordan went on record admitting that John Stewart is his favorite Green Lantern (interesting how he never written a book starring John, I wonder how that would be?), but it didn't stop him from writing Kyle Rayner professionally in New Guardians. Same for other lanterns. Or tearing down lanterns to make John look cool. His personal bias is left behind in the business.

On some writers/editors, you can see clear bias, which is unprofessional.