Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where's Stargirl (in comic books) these days?

NOTE: At the end of the Stargirl Spring Break Special released May 25th (2021), we had this:
    But if/when that Stargirl #1 may be coming, there doesn't seem to be any information yet?

We had been talking about this for a while in the Stargirl Spring Break Special #1 (one-shot) preview / discussion thread, but since we recently learned the January 2022 solicitations AND had "Fandome" this weekend, it may now be a question of if/when in 2022 we may hear more about any Stargirl comic book.

If anybody hears any rumors or news about the Stargirl #1 comic book, please feel free to share it here.

Stargirl is always on reserve for Geoff Johns. He has a ton of other things going on and I’m sure comics are way down on his list. So it’s probably gonna be a long time before we see Stargirl in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Stargirl is always on reserve for Geoff Johns. He has a ton of other things going on and I’m sure comics are way down on his list. So it’s probably gonna be a long time before we see Stargirl in the DCU.
    My problem with that excuse is that they put that "To Be Continued in Stargirl #1!" at the end of the one-shot's story.
    I'm assuming Geoff Johns was aware of that, so it should imply an obligation for at least another one-shot if nothing else.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Same place as the rest of the JSA and many other fan favorites, Major.

Plans get cancelled all the time. We don't know any more than you do.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see Johns being more occupied with the show to worry about the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Same place as the rest of the JSA and many other fan favorites, Major.

Plans get cancelled all the time. We don't know any more than you do.
    But, again, they shouldn't have put that bit at the end if there weren't already plans to issue the comic book soon after.

I was among those saying that the stuff with the Justice Society in that same issue wasn't really more than another tease at that point, but I was hoping things would be a little different with that bit about Stargirl #1.

It's especially frustrating since I'm not aware of anybody at least saying what's happened with the issue and if/when we may ever know more.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, again, they shouldn't have put that bit at the end if there weren't already plans to issue the comic book soon after.

I was among those saying that the stuff with the Justice Society in that same issue wasn't really more than another tease at that point, but I was hoping things would be a little different with that bit about Stargirl #1.

It's especially frustrating since I'm not aware of anybody at least saying what's happened with the issue and if/when we may ever know more.
    There probably were and they got cancelled.

Welcome to corporate comic books and NDAs.
    May we never forget:

I'm surprised she doesn't have a mini/maxi series rn.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm surprised she doesn't have a mini/maxi series rn.
    It's definitely disappointing considering that she not only has a television show (that's absolutely great), but DC is particularly happy to give the green light to minis right now so that we don't even have a limited series sucks.
    May we never forget:

Incredible Member

I want to have hope and faith that Stargirl and the JSA are going to be part of the next big wave of title Williamson mentioned that's coming in March at least and that it's not scrapped or cancelled. I have trouble believing DC is avoiding the characters out of some gentleman's agreement with Johns, and I can't imagine their being a hard contractual agreement either. But this weird game of dragging their feet with the JSA relaunch is highly annoying. I wish their was some way to press Jim Lee or whoever at DC for a hard answer on what exactly is the problem getting a JSA series going.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm surprised Bendis hasn't drafted SG up to Justice League. I know he has Naomi, but SG is his kind of character and I the two would have good chemistry.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

If Bendis was going to use Stargirl, then Young Justice would've been the time. They tried to recruit the Star Spangled Kid when they first formed back in the 90s (not even realising she was a girl until they arrived in Blue Valley!) but she turned them down having already been recruited by the JSA. When Bendis's run happened, she no longer had that excuse as the JSA was inactive and the Justice League teams she was on in New 52 had disbanded.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I want to have hope and faith that Stargirl and the JSA are going to be part of the next big wave of title Williamson mentioned that's coming in March at least and that it's not scrapped or cancelled. I have trouble believing DC is avoiding the characters out of some gentleman's agreement with Johns, and I can't imagine their being a hard contractual agreement either. But this weird game of dragging their feet with the JSA relaunch is highly annoying. I wish their was some way to press Jim Lee or whoever at DC for a hard answer on what exactly is the problem getting a JSA series going.
    I think part of the problem with what they teased for the JSA at the end of the Stargirl Spring Break Special may have been with Hitch. I seem to remember him saying he wouldn't be involved with it going forward because of scheduling issues or something like that.
    (I think this was around the time it was announced he was drawing Venom for Marvel?)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Stargirl is always on reserve for Geoff Johns. He has a ton of other things going on and I’m sure comics are way down on his list . . .
    Still nothing in the February solicitations for this that I noticed.

I wonder if Geoff Johns is "too busy" to bother with it, or is he maybe somewhat on the outs with DC and the post-DiDio regime now?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think part of the problem with what they teased for the JSA at the end of the Stargirl Spring Break Special may have been with Hitch. I seem to remember him saying he wouldn't be involved with it going forward because of scheduling issues or something like that.
    (I think this was around the time it was announced he was drawing Venom for Marvel?)
    The plans then were for Johns/Hitch on JSA but they're both too busy. That doesn't mean the JSA (and accordingly Stargirl) isn't still in their plans because it is. It only means that they either haven't found the right creative team or never planned to roll them out before the IF trilogy, the second chapter of which begins next week with Justice Incarnate. In the first IF mini, Alan Scott and the younger JSA characters were very prominent already.