Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As for Stargirl herself, as a solo character she obviously belongs to Johns not just because he created her but because he created her as a way to honor his deceased sister. That makes sense to me, though it doesn't mean she can't be in other titles. Stargirl #1 though would have been by Johns and he's too busy messing up DC TV and movies (like WW84) to write comics. His writing on Titans has been atrocious, I found the Stargirl special to be a bore and I'm beginning to think he's already aged out the way that a Levitz or Claremont or Wolfman have. Which is a shame. I loved everything he was writing before he moved over to the film/TV side--I was really upset that the great things that were set up in Brightest Day were preempted by New 52.

But I don't need to see him on Stargirl or JSA going forward. First, I don't need a Stargirl comic and second I don't need to see Johns return to JSA well. I'd much rather see someone else do that. My first choice would be Brad Meltzer, though I know that's highly unlikely. I don't think a writer has to be a 'good fit' for any property. A great writer is a great fit for any property. Writers and artists, not characters, make for great stories.

Apart from having missed the JSA and the Fab Five lineup of TT (I do not consider the NTT lineup to be the classic one, though I am fond of it), I don't particularly care which characters have or will show up. I only care that we have great creative teams writing whatever they want to write, especially now that editorial interference is no longer a thing, which it isn't. Editors are largely getting out of the way under the new regime in order to let great creators create freely.

Look, the whole idea here is that at the end of May's Stargirl Spring Break Special is that
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOTE: At the end of the Stargirl Spring Break Special released May 25th (2021), we had this:
    The question is WHEN (if ever?) DC will publish that Stargirl #1 that was teased at the end of that story.

If they didn't have it planned / scheduled at that time, maybe they shouldn't have put "To be continued in Stargirl #1" in that last panel?

Well, May 2022 solicitations should be announced soon.

It would be criminal if there wasn't at least another Stargirl one-shot announced for May, but I don't know if anything is likely on that front.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The plans then were for Johns/Hitch on JSA but they're both too busy. That doesn't mean the JSA (and accordingly Stargirl) isn't still in their plans because it is. It only means that they either haven't found the right creative team or never planned to roll them out before the IF trilogy, the second chapter of which begins next week with Justice Incarnate. In the first IF mini, Alan Scott and the younger JSA characters were very prominent already.
    Get another creative team on JSA and Stargirl. Stop waiting for Johns' schedule to open. Just hire new creators and plow on ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Get another creative team on JSA and Stargirl. Stop waiting for Johns' schedule to open. Just hire new creators and plow on ahead.
    But then we circle back to the idea of who do they get and whether they would be good.

Don't think we want to wind up with another New52 Earth 2 again . . .

Well, May 2022 solicitations should be announced soon.

It would be criminal if there wasn't at least another Stargirl one-shot announced for May, but I don't know if anything is likely on that front.
    There is, actually. James Robinson is writing it, it's issue 4 of the Earth-Prime series. A logical writer choice as it was Robinson who was writing JSA when Court joined the team.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/16/ex...s-of-tomorrow/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2022 at 12:21 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

But then we circle back to the idea of who do they get and whether they would be good.

Don't think we want to wind up with another New52 Earth 2 again . . .
    There have to be creators who could rock a comic with those characters. Jade, Obsidian, and Alan Scott have been reintroduced. Build on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is, actually. James Robinson is writing it, it's issue 4 of the Earth-Prime series. A logical writer choice as it was Robinson who was writing JSA when Court joined the team.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/16/ex...s-of-tomorrow/
    But is this a continuation of last May's one-shot or a separate TV-related continuity?

Astonishing Member

But is this a continuation of last May's one-shot or a separate TV-related continuity?
    It's TV-related. They're making one-shots for each of DC/CW shows, leading to some crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's TV-related. They're making one-shots for each of DC/CW shows, leading to some crossover.
    But if it's only connected to the TV show version, then the story we were promised back in May 2021 isn't going to be coming any time soon. And that's the one I want / care about.

Incredible Member

It's TV related continuity and entirely seperate from last May's one-shot. The EARTH-PRIME mini is how the Arrowverse is doing its cross-over this year, basically.

The Arrowverse already had a crossover this season - it was just entirely contained within The Flash.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Arrowverse already had a crossover this season - it was just entirely contained within The Flash.
    I know, but that wasn't a cross-over in the traditional sense which is why I am saying this EARTH-PRIME mini is closer to a cross-over in the traditional sense

Shocker, no updates. That spring break issue was great and a breath of fresh air. But now it’s been so long I just don’t even care if they continue that plot or not.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

They could just run the story as a Teen Titans one-shot - Red Arrow's already involved, so she could bring in the team to help Courtney get the thing resolved faster (Kid Flash's powers would enable them to time travel, which seems to be needed to rescue Wing and co). Kind of like how when Bendis left Marvel, the Miles Morales book which had a Sinister Six story going on, was rapidly wrapped up by having Miles's team the Champions come in to fight them.