Mighty Member

Default CCP movie censorship

https://www.cbr.com/china-crackdown-...ood-concerned/

It's not worth extra greenbacks to not be able to tell your story. Black Widow, Shang-Chi and now Eternals won't be released on the mainland. Let the trend continue. We don't need their dollars. Plus with the protesting of the Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 has me pleased. I'm hoping these activist groups can institute change in China. They are way behind the times. And Xi wants to be Mao 2.0. I feel bad for the Uighers in China. It's shameful what they are doing trying to stamp down the Muslim culture. And now Jackie Chan wants to bend over and join the CCP. This is terrible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post

It's not worth extra greenbacks to not be able to tell your story. Black Widow, Shang-Chi and now Eternals won't be released on the mainland. Let the trend continue. We don't need their dollars. Plus with the protesting of the Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 has me pleased. I'm hoping these activist groups can institute change in China. They are way behind the times. And Xi wants to be Mao 2.0. I feel bad for the Uighers in China. It's shameful what they are doing trying to stamp down the Muslim culture. And now Jackie Chan wants to bend over and join the CCP. This is terrible.

I am no expert on China. But if they keep refusing to release these movies I wonder how long it will be before they shut down the Disney parks. I mean it doesnt seem to be getting better.

To be honest Hollywood needs China more then China needs Hollywood. The article points this pout. leaving out China leaves billions of dollars on the table. So in a Movie Excs mind give up a little artistic integrity (What little is left in Hollywood) to make a couple billion. Easy math.

it sucks that it is like that but that is where we are now a days.

And like Insideguy said it is only getting worse. I am sure there will come a time when there will be no outside media in China.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest Hollywood needs China more then China needs Hollywood. The article points this pout. leaving out China leaves billions of dollars on the table. So in a Movie Excs mind give up a little artistic integrity (What little is left in Hollywood) to make a couple billion. Easy math.

And like Insideguy said it is only getting worse. I am sure there will come a time when there will be no outside media in China.
    Exactly this. Especially as the studios sink more money into tentpole and franchise movies. Secondary markets are still important, but the studios really want that big turn around in those opening weeks in the international market.

Hollywood should be proud when their movies are banned in China. It is not a nice place.

Somewhere out there PwdOn is reading this thread and boiling with frustration.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

I mean giving up artistic integrity is one thing. That sounds simple. The problem is they change what is acceptable to them all the time. So someone can make a movie thinking ok this will work with them and then they find out a week before its release naaa China doesnt like it. Its pretty much an impossible atmosphere to operate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Somewhere out there PwdOn is reading this thread and boiling with frustration.
    Very Nice
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's not worth extra greenbacks to not be able to tell your story. Black Widow, Shang-Chi and now Eternals won't be released on the mainland. Let the trend continue. We don't need their dollars.
    China is the largest movie market in the world. They don't need Hollywood as much as you think they do. China has Hollywood by the throat if they want in to their market. They will bow/kneel or they won't get to play.

Plus with the protesting of the Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 has me pleased. I'm hoping these activist groups can institute change in China. They are way behind the times. And Xi wants to be Mao 2.0. I feel bad for the Uighers in China. It's shameful what they are doing trying to stamp down the Muslim culture. And now Jackie Chan wants to bend over and join the CCP. This is terrible.
    Jackie Chan is reading the tea leaves & Xi is going nowhere.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 10-22-2021 at 10:03 AM.