Spectacular Member

Default Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is back!

This was such a cool book. I'm surprised they waited so long, since the TV show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    This was such a cool book. I'm surprised they waited so long, since the TV show is over.
    It's Archie Comics.

They don't have a very good track record when it comes to timing on books like this.

Oh, and a previous thread about this is at https://community.cbr.com/showthread...amned-(Archie), though it doesn't have the name of the comic book in the thread title.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's Archie Comics.

They don't have a very good track record when it comes to timing on books like this.
    I blame Riverdale. Archie Comics tried to apply that aesthetic/tv success to their whole line and while a couple of the horror stuff was good (Sabrina and Afterlife, I didnt like betty the vampire hunter and the hunger) it's failed. We haven't had an ongoing Archie since 2018 (and that was with the ugly new art style) and no ongoing Betty and Veronica for longer. Just the odd mini series of varying quality in art work and story ideas.

Archie Comics are a shadow of what they once were and it's very sad to see.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    I blame Riverdale. Archie Comics tried to apply that aesthetic/tv success to their whole line and while a couple of the horror stuff was good (Sabrina and Afterlife, I didnt like betty the vampire hunter and the hunger) it's failed. We haven't had an ongoing Archie since 2018 (and that was with the ugly new art style) and no ongoing Betty and Veronica for longer. Just the odd mini series of varying quality in art work and story ideas.

Archie Comics are a shadow of what they once were and it's very sad to see.
    Indeed. All Archie is publishing these days are digests and compendiums. I could be wrong, but I don’t think the company is ever going to publish regular comics again, and that’s a shame.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Indeed. All Archie is publishing these days are digests and compendiums. I could be wrong, but I don’t think the company is ever going to publish regular comics again, and that’s a shame.
    They seem to publish regular comic books every now and then, but not with any consistency that I'm aware of.

Astonishing Member

In the last issues of the flagship Archie series, Archie had hooked up with Sabrina. It would have been interesting to see whether that romance would be true love at long last or whether he would go back to wavering between Betty and Veronica, but now we shall never know. What a cliffhanger on which to end a nearly 80-year run!