Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm genuinely surprised Way of X sold so well, specially for its 5th issue. It's also really cool to see Hellions still selling well for a book with no real a-listers, it's speaks really well of Well's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that most fans that liked kid Cable were just Cyke fans that wanted Scott to have a son.
    I can confirm this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Sword was not published in August, as Excalibur and New Mutants. I wonder if they will get issues in January during the Wolverine event, to compensate for that.
    Doesn't sound like they will. Instead most X-books will end or be on hiatus until they're rebooted, revamped or resumed after XLoW/XDoW. Hopefully we don't have to wait for the whole thing to end, though, as it's either going to be a weekly 10 issue or 12 issue series (well, two intertwined series running concurrently rather) in which case it won't end until either mid to late March!

My hope is they start the X-line relaunch/refresh in January with the Marauders Annual, and go from there. So every week or two they're releasing a new annual or something that sets up the new status quo for a book or launching a new title in some cases (e.g., SWORD becoming something else for example). Like so...

- January = Marauders Annual
    - February = Excalibur and X-Force Annuals, plus X-treme X-men #1 (replacing SWORD)
    - March = New Mutants Annual, plus TBD #1 and TBD #1 (new series replacing Hellions and Way of X)
    - April = Wolverine monthly title resumes in the wake of XLoW/XDoW

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that most fans that liked kid Cable were just Cyke fans that wanted Scott to have a son.
    I'm a Cyke fan who wishes he got more storylines with Cable and Rachel (the adult versions though!).

I hated teen Cable. We went from an old battle ready cranky man to a f*ckboi with the latest hip hairstyle. Those are two different characters to me. I can't see how a f*ckboi influencer is supposed to become the hardcore tough Cable we all know and love.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Uhh....the same way a nerdy socially awkward teen could become a popular hunky daddy bear?

It's called Life Experiences.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Uhh....the same way a nerdy socially awkward teen could become a popular hunky daddy bear?

That’s fair if talking in a general sense about boys becoming men, but considering Cable had been trained and indoctrinated to fight a future war since he was basically an infant one would think he’d be a little less “f*ckboi-ish” by this stage of his life. And in fact had previously been shown to be, so this portrayal kind of negated all that.

But whatever. That chapter has been closed and Kid F*ckboi is gone now. So, moving on…
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-18-2021 at 09:31 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Old Cranky Man and F*ckboi Influencer were pretty funny tho.
    "Cable was right!"

They were indeed. It was quite funny watching Duggan play them off of one another. He did that masterfully.

And I really liked his dig, whether intentional or not, at the entire concept and rationale for Kid Cable coming here and “retiring” his older self in some nonsensical quest to preserve “the sacred timeline” or whatever. The OG version says to him in Cable #11…

“The idea that you thought you’d grow up to be ‘the protector of the timeline’ or something? I never met a timeline I didn’t #@%# up for my benefit. We’re still on the TVA’s watchlist — and don’t think they’ll give you a pass for my crimes.”
    Personally I loved that part. It essentially validated the biggest complaint from actual Cable fans about how that whole thing went down and how nonsensical and out of character it was.

I predict that September's two best sellers will be Trial of Magneto 2 and Dark Ages 1.

wow i didnt know Marauders was doing that low numbers wise.

I didn't mind Teen Cable, mostly since I didn't read anything he was in. But it always confused me as to why they introduced a teenage version of an older character, right after shooing away teenage versions of the O5? And that wasn't even the first time Marvel introduced a teenage version of an older character, either. It's such a bizarre thing to repeat.

On the topic of sales, the fact that these look good to me speaks volumes. I used to read a lot of other books, and they would kill for these numbers. I know they're low, but this highlights how a lot of books wish they had this sort of power.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Marauders readers jumped ship after Duggan did.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Seriously, why did no one in the office notice that they had the same hairstyle, similar mutant powers, and similar Cuckoo love story going on at the same time?
    Lololol, I hadn’t realized that!

Coming to think of it... it's strange they cancelled Way of X already. We could have had two or three more issues before January. The ending would be less rushed even.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Umm, that's not Cable's story. He was raised as a child soldier. How many child soldiers turned fashionable f*ckboi influencers are you currently following?

If this was Quentin, then it'd be believable seeing him go from f*ckboi to respectable since Quentin has always been spoiled (a trait he's losing as he gets older) and he wasn't raised as a soldier either.