Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Brea

Ultimate Member

Default La Brea

Just a thread to discuss the show on NBC, basically it's about a large sinkhole forms in modern LA near the La Brea tarpits, and the people and things that fell into the sinkhole are transported back in time 10,000 years, to a LA before the city was there, complete with dire wolves, sabretooth tigers, ground sloths, and the like, and all of the characters efforts to get home. Personally I liked Eve until the last episode where we found out about why she really couldn't take her daughter home the day of the accident that caused her daughter to lose her leg...now I'm left to wonder if Levi will tell her the truth about everything and give Eve back her wedding ring...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-18-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

So Land of the Lost...but as an adult drama? I can get behind that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Sort of, though there is no half man half anything friend as of yet that they all meet in the past, so far one guy was killed by the dire wolves and hauled off, also so far no ancient cities or anything like that...there's a green ribbon like thing in the sky in the past, like a portal, and the same thing is at the bottom of the sinkhole in the present...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its a solid show. At some point they will need to shake things up a bit and do a twist. I'd rather they not lock them down into Earth's distant past as I really hoped for an alternate Lost like realm. Where people can question ...is this a version of Heaven ? A version of Hell ? Maybe an alien world perhaps ? An era set ahead in time ? To me I kinda hope a twist happens ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'll be very surprised if this gets a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Same.

But, I’ll enjoy it while it’s on. Like thwhtGuardian mentioned, it’s got a Land of The Lost vibe which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Same.

But, I’ll enjoy it while it’s on. Like thwhtGuardian mentioned, it’s got a Land of The Lost vibe which I like.

Well the show is a HIT it seems. Episodes in and the series is now the top #3 of the Peacock streaming service now.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/la-brea...ck-1234857770/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Sometimes it seems like nothing much happens in the middle of the episodes and then a lot happens at the end, so far everything that the characters have seen strongly suggests that they're still in LA, just in the past, like the animals that they have bumped into, though there are normal looking rabbits back 10 thousand years ago to eat...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the show is a HIT it seems. Episodes in and the series is now the top #3 of the Peacock streaming service now.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/la-brea...ck-1234857770/
    Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised!

Land of the Lost + 10,000 BC + LOST = it's okay so far. I'll stick with it for the season unless the doctor's daughter gets too annoying or something lol
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Ultimate Member

So far there aren't that many annoying characters, I just hope that things get moving a bit...the doctor guys daughter to me is just at that spot where she doesn't know what to do with her life and such and got angry at Eve before she knew the whole story...

Ultimate Member

I'm just going to guess that Gavin was born in the past and is some mystic or something...and somehow got to the future along with the other girl through the rift...

Ultimate Member

Turns out that the blond boy Isiah is actually Gavin, Eve's husband and Josh and Izzy's father...he apparently hasn't gone to the future just yet, and his hair color changed or they just stopped coloring it...

So some spoilers...

-

-

- La Brea has more villages it appears and there is likely hundreds of people in the past. The ships coming through the sea will be the Bermuda Triangle coming in over years. Missing ships etc makes sense that this is used.

- Someone is killing people in the past it appears. Possibly a villain from the far future (ahead of La Brea settlement) . It would really make the most sense with how one of the La Brea people were killed weapon wise.

- It appears Sam (the doctor) is having a mental break down over medication he doesn't have anymore for PTSD. A fact he becomes over paranoid his daughter who is in love with Eve's son , is spending more time with him. Then he nearly has Veronica die after she goes into an insane panic attack cuffed to car. He admits he's scared and only kept it hidden from children due to not wanting involved.

- So it appears Rebecca has traveled to the past so Gavin can create the time loop needed as a child. He has to go into the future , marry Eve and have his children. His grandfather who loves him doesn't want him to go but Rebecca knows that he'll throw everything off unless he doesn't create the time loop or its gonna create problems.

Ultimate Member

I'm going to guess that the group that's in the past now will have to head south eventually to avoid the oncoming ice age, would also think that Gavin will end up back in the past as well, maybe Izzy to and a few others like that doctor guys son that Izzy just met and the other lady that went to the future with Gavin...