Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Anyways, Spidey once in a while has cool moments with Dr. Strange, Doctor Strange#390 even has Spidey showing up to give him a pep talk (Well, after a dumb scene where Spidey wanted to talk with a spider for some reason...):

Him and Doc(and Spider-man and Jessica Jones as well) are underrated friendships.Nowhere near bro levels but they are good friends.

Astonishing Member

I feel like JMS deserves credit for making Spider-Man and Doctor Strange friends. They didn't used to interact that much prior to the totem stuff (Ditko's second annual notwithstanding) when Spidey kept visiting him all the time. Fast forward to present day and now Doctor Strange is set to appear in the next Spider-Man film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I feel like JMS deserves credit for making Spider-Man and Doctor Strange friends. They didn't used to interact that much prior to the totem stuff (Ditko's second annual notwithstanding) when Spidey kept visiting him all the time. Fast forward to present day and now Doctor Strange is set to appear in the next Spider-Man film.
    Spitting, heck he's been a part of Spencer's run as well.JMS brought the magic side to Peter which some parts I like(Morlun, etc.) but how they took it forward w/ Spider-verse I despise.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just went back and saw that. my bad. yea it was pretty lame. The worst case of Shameless self promotion. I a hero in another book should be a cool event. Not just a random pop up to sell a book. I am really shocked they did not work in The Hulk and Millie the Model since everyone else was pretty much in there.
    Might as well have included Patsy Walker too .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And just to be clear to the guys on Page 1...one can be heterosexual and homosocial. It's got nothing to do with homosexuality, lol.
    Well, you mentioned his heterosexuality, so it gave the impression you thought one has to be gay or whatever to be in a bromance.

Still Johnny was the last guy of the Fantastic Four to learn Peter's secret identity. So it's a friendship that's maybe more one-sided on Johnny's part (i.e. he feels closer to Peter than vice-versa). Johnny is very much a guy's guy, who likes hanging out with guys and that kind of explains his messy love-life but it also explains why he and Peter don't get along too well. I always think that there's a part of Peter that thinks if "I never got powers and Johnny met me in high school, I'd have hated him and he'd maybe make fun of me."
    Well, back when Spidey was in high school, the few times Johnny and Peter (As in, as a civilian), they didn't get along at all lol.

But I doubt Spidey thinks that much about such what ifs, and hell, he'd rather move on from stuff, if him being friends with Flash of all people is any hint.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [/center]
    I don't think Charlemagne used that pendant at any point near Spidey, nor did it look like that originally:

https://i.imgur.com/mBvjQGV.png

But hey, details .

Superheroes luckily tend to stay away from that. Honestly as toxic as some relationships in comics can be, I can still name more healthy relationships in the Marvel and DC Universes than I can from sitcoms and romantic comedies, lol.
    Sitcoms and romantic comedies have pretty awful relationships more often than not yeah lol.

Honestly, 15-20 year old Peter to me always seemed like the type to not even want other superheroes to know of who Peter Parker is. I always figured that was why he never told Johnny his secret identity. It's like that thing some people have where they feel more comfortable with friends they make on trips (due to the anonymity and lack of biases) than they do with people in their everyday life.
    Peter for over 30 years didn't want anyone to know he's Spidey, and hell, he generally doesn't even reveal his identity, the other characters tend to find out, like MJ, or aunt May, or Daredevil.

Felicia and JJ are some few cases he willingly went for it, and one of them was explicitly a love interest when he did so, one who's different from the usual since she was dating Spider-Man, not Peter.

Yeah they're close, even in Spencer's run, but Randy's friendship gets less attention than his friendship/"friendship" with Flash/Harry. I would argue Randy deserves to know Peter is Spider-Man by now.
    Well, if another writer shows more of their friendship, maybe, Randy did jack **** in Spencer's run, if anything Peter looked closer to Boomerang lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Him and Doc(and Spider-man and Jessica Jones as well) are underrated friendships.Nowhere near bro levels but they are good friends.
    I remember one issue, think it was from New Avengers, where Spidey reveals he's Peter, Jones says she had a crush on him back in high school, and Luke was jealous afterwards lol.

With Strange, I think they're as close as characters like them would be, which's fine, not everyone has to be best friends.

I feel like JMS deserves credit for making Spider-Man and Doctor Strange friends. They didn't used to interact that much prior to the totem stuff (Ditko's second annual notwithstanding) when Spidey kept visiting him all the time.
    Yeah I think whenever they teamed up before, it was more of a "Hey, let's team-up and then never talk to each other again" kind of thing lol.

Though honestly, Spidey visiting Strange so much got kinda annoying...

Fast forward to present day and now Doctor Strange is set to appear in the next Spider-Man film.
    Man, that movie, when the trailer mentioned the mind wipe thing, I was thinking "Why in the **** hell are they adapting OMIT?!" lol.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

That's just sad. Once they got older, I thought they had great potential (IMHO):

I find it interesting that Flash started out as Petes bully and then became a big Spider-Man fan but still hated Pete and did not know he was Spidey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I find it interesting that Flash started out as Petes bully and then became a big Spider-Man fan but still hated Pete and did not know he was Spidey.
    I kind of wonder how they'll roll that genie back in the box. Because Flash died after learning Pete was Spider-Man and now he's back but he hasn't interacted with Peter since resurrection.

I kind of wonder how they'll roll that genie back in the box. Because Flash died after learning Pete was Spider-Man and now he's back but he hasn't interacted with Peter since resurrection.
    Maybe they'll give him amnesia that reverts him into a high school jock, again .

Astonishing Member

Maybe they'll give him amnesia that reverts him into a high school jock, again .
    I love how he went from basically being in a non-responsive vegetative state, to having some selective amnesia that only affected his memory since high school, to somehow regaining that and the Army approving him to re-enlist in a combat role in Iraq.

Comics, ya gotta love ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I love how he went from basically being in a non-responsive vegetative state, to having some selective amnesia that only affected his memory since high school, to somehow regaining that and the Army approving him to re-enlist in a combat role in Iraq.

Comics, ya gotta love ‘em.
    Flash has been through a lot.

Extraordinary Member

I remember one issue, think it was from New Avengers, where Spidey reveals he's Peter, Jones says she had a crush on him back in high school, and Luke was jealous afterwards lol.

With Strange, I think they're as close as characters like them would be, which's fine, not everyone has to be best friends.
    Pete and Jessica are so under-rated...Part of why I want Pete and MJ to be friends with Jess and Luke.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pete and Jessica are so under-rated...Part of why I want Pete and MJ to be friends with Jess and Luke.

This, loved their dark ages thing as well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, loved their dark ages thing as well
    That is the sort of stuff I want to see in 616...give them some down time...dinner at each others homes or going out to dinner or a club.

Thats kinda odd. I mean it was a big thing between them. And it was such a long evolution. You would think writers would want to revisit it but maybe it's for the best because things don't turn out in print the way you hope.

Luckily it wasn't a nightmare. It's interesting how important one becomes when you don't want your pest to be the biggest villain.

Astonishing Member

Couldn't agree with you more. But, I'll always love it when they try...

Boy, I don’t know who drew that, but that art is just… yikes.

Couldn't agree with you more. But, I'll always love it when they try...

I just could never get into the idea. I liked it better when they annoyed each other and they were together in small doses. It was like I said in another thread about a Batman and Spidey team-up, as long as Peter isn't made to be the annoying kid and the novice. Anyway, Logan looks crazy there. And Peter is in love with that ham. Peter always had a big stomach, so does Logan he just won't show it. Or Peter is just relieved to have something else to look at aside from Logans crazy eyes.

ETA. Pete's feet. Those are the Things.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-20-2021 at 01:18 AM.