Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 8. Sauron appears ?

Opens up with a nightmare about being coutght by Krakoa
    Nature girl is going balled. Top half of her head is black now. Says she's evolving.
    There at cyanide oil plant
    Cut to Sauron eating. Says rabbit tast bad.
    The oil run off from cyanide runed his lab and killed his dinosaur.
    He swears revenge
    Comicly evil security guards get beat.
    Mamba kicked nature girl in head.
    She's being paid to teach them a lesson.
    Mamba vs diet jinx from dc comics (aka curse).

Logan appears only in nightmare. And given last issue I assume he was fooled by 3 raccoons in a trenchcoat and followed them to Mexico

Felt like i was missing half a comic

I like how, even in her guilt-ridden dreams, Nature Girl still makes the humans out to be shallow. But I do like how she at least started offering people a chance to leave and live, so it feels like there's some growth there.

Shame that her evolution is just going bald. Honestly, they should grow out or reshape her antlers, because they're not cool or intimidating in the slightest.

The oil company is named Cyanide. No wonder their employers are all jerks, they were probably attracted to the place by its name.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

If i didn't get it wrong, X-men Unlimited is supposed to be a showcase of what Marvel's digital comic platform is supposed to be capable of and what readers can expect from the rest of the material provided, aswell as testing out a weekly format, right?

Having this as the second story to come out via it reminds me to that video of the Toronto Raptors mascot, roller blading down stairs and falling over, then reaching the field and falling over even worse, with the tail deflating comically while it's down on it's face.

That's what this story feels like as the second story meant to highlight the quality of something.

Also nobody tell Nature Girl what damage to the environment server farms can do, including those hosting these comics pages.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Reading these issue recaps is like reading someone's fever dream most times. I'm sad this is the story they are choosing to use for this platform.

Black Mamba is all I care about in this series.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She looked awesome showing a bit of her powers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Who is this comic for?

They keep making choices like Nature girl going bald that makes me think it’s a parody. The name of the company being cyanide.

Curse is just a character where character development would be if Logan kicks her down a ravine.

I think I would enjoy this comic more if it came with a disclaimer: none of the characters used in this story where actually in this story. Promising that nothing will carryover or be considered canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I’m glad that they finally brought in someone who can actually fight a super powered being. It’s really sad that Duggan has written Nature Girl so badly in this that I’m actually rooting for a super villain to kick her ass. And really gotta wonder just how long this thing is even supposed to be because a lot of this just feels like it’s dragging on. In all honesty, if stories like this are supposed to be an incentive for people to get Marvel Unlimited, they would be better off spending their money elsewhere or not at all.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like how, even in her guilt-ridden dreams, Nature Girl still makes the humans out to be shallow. But I do like how she at least started offering people a chance to leave and live, so it feels like there's some growth there.

Shame that her evolution is just going bald. Honestly, they should grow out or reshape her antlers, because they're not cool or intimidating in the slightest.

The oil company is named Cyanide. No wonder their employers are all jerks, they were probably attracted to the place by its name.
    Her antlers remind me of a gag where someone is wearing a fake arrow that appears to be going through their head.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

Aren't antlers found only on males? Is Nature Girl non binari?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Aren't antlers found only on males? Is Nature Girl non binari?
    A quick internet search tells me that female reindeer have antlers but they’re pretty much the only female deer with them.
    Female cows, antelopes, goats etc have horns (that I didn’t need to Google!)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    A quick internet search tells me that female reindeer have antlers but they’re pretty much the only female deer with them.
    But Nature Girl has Deer antlers not Reindeer Antlers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Antlers are also made of bone and only temporary, while horns are made of keratin (the same substance that hair, scales, nails, hoofs, etc. are made of) and usualy a permanent part of the respective species that has them.
    Antlers are shed every year and regrown the next, complete with starting covered in soft fured skin and blood vessels, before said skin is shed and only the boney antlers themself remain.

So male deer for half a year run around with bone spikes jutting out of their body.

Talking about bones jutting out of the body. There was actualy a clever little joke in a variant covers for Si Spurrier's X-force some years ago, where all team members were portraid as animals. Psylocke was a rabbit, Fantomax an owl, Cable a bear and Marrow was a deer with antlers. Meaning it was both a reference to how antlers are made of bone and a way to show her unnatural powers while still portrayed as cutsey animal.

Overall, antlers are a unique evolution of deer and not entirely comparable to the horns found on other species.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    But Nature Girl has Deer antlers not Reindeer Antlers.
    The fact that Nature Girl seems to have her "antlers" permanently all year long and independent of any sexual activity (and perhaps not even be made of bone), means we can't really apply real world comparision to species of deer and their sexual dimorphism to her.

There is also no real reason why she would have them in first place since they seemingly don't connect to her actual mental powers. So they might entirely be a subconscious creation from her mind affecting her body via a side function of her powers. For all we know, she might grow feathers, claws and elephant ears too.

Sometimes a rock is just a rock and a writer has no clue about animals when he slaps their characteristics on fictional characters with super powers.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Let me know when they're done dragging this arc out. But damn, it should be over already.

This comic is enjoyable. I’m rooting for Logan and the dog to team up and take down everyone.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.