A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 15: Siriel vs Cleric if Hells Brigade

Siriel's Stratagy

The Enterprise is a formidable ship, and taking it down with a superhuman pilot on board that can calculate so switfly it would be a daunting task. It could also be argued that its shields would prevent Orb-based teleportation given how similar it is to a Transporter. Fortunately, Doctor Strange is here to come to the rescue; as the Sling Ring doesn't work by projecting things, it should go through the shields. So Strange will open a portal in front of Charlie to the insides of the ship, and Charlie will launch a massive pyrokinetic blast inside. As the insides of the ship aren't incredibly durable and the superhuman pilot is quite vulnerable to fire, this should rapidly neutralize the threat.

With a fair amount of the enemy team being somewhat protected from telepathy, Emma's first priority is to make sure that no one falls under the enemy thrall. While she isn't busy with that, she'll work on immobilizing Piper to remove her admittedly notable powers form the equation.

It's time for Paige to show up her sister. At the start of the match, she'll wait for Eli to make the first handful of clones (should take only a moment) and then teleport with them to the enemy base. The Eli clones will immediately start distracting the enemy team, most notably jumping on Superman if he hasn't left - I doubt one or two clones can beat him, but they can certainly hold him back. Meanwhile Paige will use Piper's powers (obtained through the blood transfusion) to explode Jesse Quick. The molecules of CW Flash speedsters are already vibrating rapidly, which should make it all the easier to disintegrate her. Her job done, she'll call out to Loki's Scepter, teleporting it to her hand and then return to the team to hand it to Emma, who should appreciate the added power of the Mind Stone inside.

As Eli continuously produces clones that will teleport toward the enemy team to overwhelm them, Captain Marvel will act as our frontline to defend my team from any nasty energy blasts or attempts to physically confront them.

Since the setting is so conductive to it, Barbas will play along and manifest the loved ones of the enemy team in front of them with his fear projection and the reality stone, freezing to death in the cold. That should take the wind out of their sails where it comes to attacking us, and as the fear takes hold in their mind the cold will grow stronger and stronger thanks to the Reality Stone, until it can freeze them in their tracks despite their superhuman attributes.

Castiel will act as something of a deterrent here. Standing behind the rest of my team, he'll unveil his true mind-melting form - this should make it so that anyone who looks behind my team or tries to be sneaky by teleporting behind them (looking at you Five) will have a rather nasty experience. Naturally my team won't look back.

Sylar will employ the power of the Time Stone to protect my team against any attempt to stop time, and if things go south he'll keep himself ready to rewind for a do-over.

Taken out: Martian Manhunter, Jesse Quick, Piper, soon everyone.

By the time the battle reaches the second phase the enemy team should be well overwhelmed by Elis since the enemy bricks don't have a statistical advantage over him large enough that they can overwhelm his numbers (nor do they have a way to find the real one.), and Emma should have free reign to mind blast the enemy team with the Martian Manhunter and the Time Stone out of play.

With the fall of the Enterprise, Doctor Strange will refocus himself to cast a spell to send out a wave that banishes things to the Mirror Dimension - something that should be quite possible for him with the added power of Malachite's Hand. This should take out the enemy team.

Presuming that Five is still in play (as my team has no way to know for sure if he went down or not), Charlie will focus on the vibrations that her Quake powers can sense. This is one of the few methods left to detect Five, as none of his assorted stealth abilities nullify sound or impacts. The moment she detects someone who isn't part of my team nearby, she'll instantly lash out with a focused mix of heat and impact. As a bonus, she should also be able to detect a miniaturized Superman if necessary.

Paige will stand at the ready with the TVA collar; as soon as something happens that tells her where Superman or Wonder Woman is, she'll teleport the collar around their neck and rewind them away before they can break it.

Sylar will move some distance away from my team to prevent the possibility of eeveryone being taken out with an alpha strike. Between him and Doctor Strange, I have two characters capable of reviving people if necessary.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Clerics Stratagy

Tough team and cool venue.

Martian Cris uses the sensors and targets the opposing team (wherever they are) from afar and drops as many photon torpedoes and phaser shots down their throats as possible within the opening ten seconds or so. After that he will engage individual targets as he can find them with the phasers only.

He will, of course, defend himself and my team mentally as best he can, but otherwise he’s playing the long game.

NOTE: Thanks to his Precog, any attempts to teleport aboard will be met with being teleported off OR the ship’s shields being raised to prevent it (and dropped when safe), whichever is quicker/easier to do. Same goes for Carol “Ramming speed” Danvers if she attempts to plow through my ship.

Clark in the brief moment it takes the ship to locate and start firing in the opposing team, Clark activates his suit to grow while scooping up Five and Piper before retreating to a safer distance from the hellstorm MC is reigning down and around.

Once at a safe distance, he will use his super senses to pinpoint any survivors of the ship attack and will attempt to Heat vision snipe them from afar (except Charlie, as she’s immune I believe). Otherwise he plays defensive and will instead use the Staff to mind control anyone who gets close, teleports nearby, or what have you (super senses are nice like that).

Piper once at a safe distance will fly high into the sky and start using her super senses to pinpoint any magical disruption, teleportation, or attack incoming, using her vast magical powers and knowledge to stop or counter it. Things like Barbas and Strange will be time stopped (literally paused) and blown up as she sends her lightsaber whirling towards any survivors to take ‘em out. Obviously my, she will also engage any physically if needs be as well, alongside using her eye beams.

Jesse grabs Diana and books it to a safe distance as MC fires on the opposing team. Once the initial salvos are done and when it is judged safe, she will blitz the two towards any survivors (located through ship sensors and communicated to her, or by Clark or Piper calling them out) and will stop time.

Once stopped, she will gather as many as she can and use the Lantern to hypnotize them into surrender once the time stop drops.

Diana, meanwhile, will use her swords, lasso, and any strength she needs to dispatch any who can someone either resist the Lantern or are immune, using the Crystal sword to steal their powers.

The two will work in tandem to hunt down any enemies left, using time stops and the Lanteen, or time stops and the sword to do the job.

Five teleports behind and to the right of any located enemy team members once the salvo ends and attempts to dispatch them with either the eye, the angle blade, or the Medusa head. He plays mop up as needs be.

My team will aid each other as they can, will fight to the best of the skills and abilities and items allow, and will attempt to counter, reasonably, whatever may come as MC calls it out mentally to them.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The portal into the ship + burn is a slick move. I have three problems with it:

- Strange has to have a general idea where the ship is. As noted by the fact he couldn’t just portal Loki and Thor to Odin, he needed to set a spell up to open a sling ring portal. Same when he asked if Tony could fly them home instead of him simply slinging them back. Obviously he did eventually (Endgame), but it clearly wasn’t something he could do instantly between Titan and Earth. I would imagine a ship he’s never been on, that’s out of sight, might prove slightly difficult to sling to on first try.

-Martian Cris will know it the instant they open a portal and will simply avoid Charlie’s flames.

-Torpedoes and Phasers. If Strange and Charlie are sitting waiting for the portal to open, they are vulnerable and Martian Cris will have most likely fired already. And the distance between is easily traversed by torpedos and phasers.

Beyond that, I very clearly had all my team scatter backwards and away from the initial team start site just in case you tried to have Paige orb over or anyone else popped by. That should cause them to get pinged by my folks who are waiting for any stragglers to show up, especially from range.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    NOTE: Thanks to his Precog, any attempts to teleport aboard will be met with being teleported off OR the ship’s shields being raised to prevent it (and dropped when safe), whichever is quicker/easier to do. Same goes for Carol “Ramming speed” Danvers if she attempts to plow through my ship.
    Fortunately the sling ring is quite different from what the Enterprise's shields normally deal with, lacking any sort of projectile or beaming-like effect, and what comes in isn't a person but a ton of fire.

Piper once at a safe distance will fly high into the sky and start using her super senses to pinpoint any magical disruption, teleportation, or attack incoming, using her vast magical powers and knowledge to stop or counter it. Things like Barbas and Strange will be time stopped (literally paused) and blown up as she sends her lightsaber whirling towards any survivors to take ‘em out. Obviously my, she will also engage any physically if needs be as well, alongside using her eye beams.
    While Barbas is indeed vulnerable to Piper's powers, Excalibur protects its wearer from such according to its episode so freezing Strange is a no-go.

At any rate, Emma is the one disabling Piper, not a more direct magical approach.
    Jesse grabs Diana and books it to a safe distance as MC fires on the opposing team.
    With Jesse disintegrated by the equally fast Paige, there's not much risk of this succeeding.

As I posted in an earlier match, Charmed teleportation explicitly scales to the user's speed, so Paige should arrive long before before Jesse's gotten any good distance while dragging someone else.

Five teleports behind and to the right of any located enemy team members once the salvo ends and attempts to dispatch them with either the eye, the angle blade, or the Medusa head. He plays mop up as needs be.
    This would get his mind zorched by Castiel's true form, or put him in Charlie's detection range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The portal into the ship + burn is a slick move. I have three problems with it:

- Strange has to have a general idea where the ship is. As noted by the fact he couldn’t just portal Loki and Thor to Odin, he needed to set a spell up to open a sling ring portal. Same when he asked if Tony could fly them home instead of him simply slinging them back. Obviously he did eventually (Endgame), but it clearly wasn’t something he could do instantly between Titan and Earth. I would imagine a ship he’s never been on, that’s out of sight, might prove slightly difficult to sling to on first try.

-Martian Cris will know it the instant they open a portal and will simply avoid Charlie’s flames.

-Torpedoes and Phasers. If Strange and Charlie are sitting waiting for the portal to open, they are vulnerable and Martian Cris will have most likely fired already. And the distance between is easily traversed by torpedos and phasers.
    The Enterprise is hundred of meters long and would be the only source of light in the night sky. I can't imagine that Strange would have any issue seeing it from a mere 1 mile away.

Charlie's fire isn't a thin beam, it's a massive explosion, particularly with her powers as incredibly enhanced as they are here. Additionally even if he survived, the ship's controls would be quite destroyed given its relatively vulnerable interiors.

Strange's Sling-Ring portals aren't slow, so I don't think there would be much waiting at all. I could also argue that an Enterprise bombardment would meet the criteria I listed for Sylar's rewinding, though my wording was sadly vague on that front.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-20-2021 at 03:11 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Fortunately the sling ring is quite different from what the Enterprise's shields normally deal with, lacking any sort of projectile or beaming-like effect, and what comes in isn't a person but a ton of fire.

While Barbas is indeed vulnerable to Piper's powers, Excalibur protects its wearer from such according to its episode so freezing Strange is a no-go.

At any rate, Emma is the one disabling Piper, not a more direct magical approach.

With Jesse disintegrated by the equally fast Paige, there's not much risk of this succeeding.

As I posted in an earlier match, Charmed teleportation explicitly scales to the user's speed, so Paige should arrive long before before Jesse's gotten any good distance while dragging someone else.

This would get his mind zorched by Castiel's true form, or put him in Charlie's detection range.

The Enterprise is hundred of meters long and would be the only source of light in the night sky. I can't imagine that Strange would have any issue seeing it from a mere 1 mile away.

Charlie's fire isn't a thin beam, it's a massive explosion, particularly with her powers as incredibly enhanced as they are here. Additionally even if he survived, the ship's controls would be quite destroyed given its relatively vulnerable interiors.

Strange's Sling-Ring portals aren't slow, so I don't think there would be much waiting at all. I could also argue that an Enterprise bombardment would meet the criteria I listed for Sylar's rewinding, though my wording was sadly vague on that front.
    That’s true, she is a big ship. that’s a fair point, though she’s much smaller than the TNG era ship so two miles away might still take a bit to see.

And I know sling rings aren’t slow necessarily, but we do have to acknowledge that they weirdly need specific set ups at times, like my listed examples. Plus, that is still presuming he can sling into a shielded Enterprise (in my strat I did note shields go up if his Precog tells him of impending portal/teleport stuff).

Beyond that, I don’t think Paige is faster than Jesse. Jesse’s best feat IIRC is still being able to move during Flash Time, and even though she eventually fell out if it, the fact she lates as long as she did (and managed to get to her Dad across town) is impressive. Velocity 9 injected Hunter honestly seems more left in the dust by what later Flash people can do (and their odd insistence on keeping Reverse Flash a threat). Heck, Jesse even briefly was able to kind of fight Savitar, who we know is faster than Zoom).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM