View Poll Results: Does Stephanie Brown count as a Robin?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 68.97%
  • No

18 31.03%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

At the time I'd have said no, she was clearly being used by Bruce to make Tim jealous which is just awful on almost every level. It was bad writing and bad creative at a time when editorial were mandating left, right and center (even though she still had some good stories as Robin).

However, now I definitely count it. Steph has stood the test of time, evolved greatly as a character, her brief stint as Robin is still referenced and it bolsters her somewhat to have that credit (though not as much as being Batgirl, which I always liked).

Bottom line; Steph rocks!

Btw, she was Robin for three months across DC not just three issues. If you're going to use her short tenure against her at least get it right.

Robin #126-128
    Batgirl #53-54
    Solo #10
    Detective Comics #796
    Teen Titans #13

I specifically remember really enjoying her in Detective Comics against Zsasz and in Teen Titans.
    Last edited by exile001; 10-20-2021 at 02:43 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    What the title says: do you consider Stephanie Brown to be a real Robin, the way Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian are?
    Maybe this poll needs better clarification or a third option.

How do people choose between "Yes" and "No" if they recognize Steph was (briefly) a "Robin" but don't equate her time in that role in the same way Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian had the role as "Robin"?

She was shortlived (only 2 1/2 months in-universe), but she is a Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe this poll needs better clarification or a third option.

How do people choose between "Yes" and "No" if they recognize Steph was (briefly) a "Robin" but don't equate her time in that role in the same way Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian had the role as "Robin"?
    By weighing the options and deciding which of those factors is more important to them, of course.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    With 40 people having voted so far, almost 1/3 still say she wasn't a "true Robin".

(27 people have voted "Yes" to 13 people voting "No".)
    And with 51 people having now voted, it's at:
    * Yes = 35 votes
    * No = 16 votes