Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Times people screwed up your order?

Damn face masks, I was in Subway a couple of months ago ordering a meatball sub with ALL the salads. When I got to the park bench to eat it the sub had NO salad and was just the meat and the cheese. I should've checked what the sandwich hand was doing instead of checking my phone. The mask DID muffle my voice a bit.

And YOUR screwed up order?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Damn face masks, I was in Subway a couple of months ago ordering a meatball sub with ALL the salads. When I got to the park bench to eat it the sub had NO salad and was just the meat and the cheese. I should've checked what the sandwich hand was doing instead of checking my phone. The mask DID muffle my voice a bit.

And YOUR screwed up order?
    Yeah, that can stink, especially when you can't even get it fixed. To answer your question, Instacart and Door Dash on occasion. But I still use them. But Instacart especially usually tries to amend it. I was tired of carrying home heavy groceries. I keep the bus for appointments and lighter lifting only now.

I would sometimes get a cheeseburger when I ordered hamburger (with no cheese); it really annoyed me if I sent it back and they gave me the same damn burger with a badly done job of trying to scrape off the cheese. (And now colder than when I last saw it.)

Don't people realize that if you don't order a cheeseburger that might mean you don't want cheese on the roll and/or the meat?

I can't eat tomato (something about it triggers my gag reflex) so I always order my burgers etc. without tomato. However, because tomato is a standard component of so many burgers, sandwiches, etc., sometimes the people making them are running on autopilot and just put it on without thinking because if you're making a hundred or so of these a day, it's easy to forget. It's no real effort on my part to pick it off, but it is annoying. (Talk about your First World problems, right? )

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I can't eat tomato (something about it triggers my gag reflex) so I always order my burgers etc. without tomato. However, because tomato is a standard component of so many burgers, sandwiches, etc., sometimes the people making them are running on autopilot and just put it on without thinking because if you're making a hundred or so of these a day, it's easy to forget. It's no real effort on my part to pick it off, but it is annoying. (Talk about your First World problems, right? )
    As long as your tomato issues don't involve being allergic to them, since just removing a tomato slice from a burger could still leave traces of the tomato on the sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As long as your tomato issues don't involve being allergic to them, since just removing a tomato slice from a burger could still leave traces of the tomato on the sandwich.
    No allergy, thankfully. Just my throat will attempt to prevent me from physically swallowing it.

Mighty Member

Was in US 2017. Went to a travel agent and booked a bus for the zoo out side San Diego. Didn't receive any email tickets. Went back to investigate. They misunderstood the vowels in my Australian accent and mailed it elsewhere. Fixed it up with the receptionist who seemed to really like my accent ��

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Yeah I'm like you, I just carefully throw away the tomato or pickles too, I don't mind if a little juice stays on the burger I just can't stand the taste of tomato or pickles in my mouth.

Most often times at drive thru I will always check the bag thoroughly there have been instances when ordering breakfast pancakes they will forget either utensils or syrup.