Mighty Member

Default Times people screwed up your order?

Damn face masks, I was in Subway a couple of months ago ordering a meatball sub with ALL the salads. When I got to the park bench to eat it the sub had NO salad and was just the meat and the cheese. I should've checked what the sandwich hand was doing instead of checking my phone. The mask DID muffle my voice a bit.

And YOUR screwed up order?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Damn face masks, I was in Subway a couple of months ago ordering a meatball sub with ALL the salads. When I got to the park bench to eat it the sub had NO salad and was just the meat and the cheese. I should've checked what the sandwich hand was doing instead of checking my phone. The mask DID muffle my voice a bit.

And YOUR screwed up order?
    Yeah, that can stink, especially when you can't even get it fixed. To answer your question, Instacart and Door Dash on occasion. But I still use them. But Instacart especially usually tries to amend it. I was tired of carrying home heavy groceries. I keep the bus for appointments and lighter lifting only now.

I would sometimes get a cheeseburger when I ordered hamburger (with no cheese); it really annoyed me if I sent it back and they gave me the same damn burger with a badly done job of trying to scrape off the cheese. (And now colder than when I last saw it.)

Don't people realize that if you don't order a cheeseburger that might mean you don't want cheese on the roll and/or the meat?

I can't eat tomato (something about it triggers my gag reflex) so I always order my burgers etc. without tomato. However, because tomato is a standard component of so many burgers, sandwiches, etc., sometimes the people making them are running on autopilot and just put it on without thinking because if you're making a hundred or so of these a day, it's easy to forget. It's no real effort on my part to pick it off, but it is annoying. (Talk about your First World problems, right? )

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I can't eat tomato (something about it triggers my gag reflex) so I always order my burgers etc. without tomato. However, because tomato is a standard component of so many burgers, sandwiches, etc., sometimes the people making them are running on autopilot and just put it on without thinking because if you're making a hundred or so of these a day, it's easy to forget. It's no real effort on my part to pick it off, but it is annoying. (Talk about your First World problems, right? )
    As long as your tomato issues don't involve being allergic to them, since just removing a tomato slice from a burger could still leave traces of the tomato on the sandwich.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Yeah I'm like you, I just carefully throw away the tomato or pickles too, I don't mind if a little juice stays on the burger I just can't stand the taste of tomato or pickles in my mouth.

Most often times at drive thru I will always check the bag thoroughly there have been instances when ordering breakfast pancakes they will forget either utensils or syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As long as your tomato issues don't involve being allergic to them, since just removing a tomato slice from a burger could still leave traces of the tomato on the sandwich.
    No allergy, thankfully. Just my throat will attempt to prevent me from physically swallowing it.

Mighty Member

Was in US 2017. Went to a travel agent and booked a bus for the zoo out side San Diego. Didn't receive any email tickets. Went back to investigate. They misunderstood the vowels in my Australian accent and mailed it elsewhere. Fixed it up with the receptionist who seemed to really like my accent ��

This happens to me more often than I'd like since I'm not a mayo/special sauce guy. Anything I like with those added by default I have to request without, and that's a recipe for a screw up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Best experience I can remember was once, when I was in a Mall Food Court. I ordered a regular chicken Sandwich from a Wendy's. I took a bite from it and quickly realized it was spicy chicken, not regular. So I went back, expecting to have to pay for another sandwich. The manger asked if anything was wring, and I explained that I ordered the non-spicy chicken sandwich, but got the spicy one instead. [the mall wasn't that busy that day]

He asked to see the sandwich, so I went back to my table, got the sandwich and showed it to him. He looked at it and confirmed that it was spicy, so he had the employees make me a regular chicken sandwich and didn't charge me anything.

My second best experience was at a Taco Bell. The workers 'forgot' to make my order. The manger noticed that I was waiting and made sure that I got my correct order, and he threw in a bonus of the cinnamon twists, no charge.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Best experience I can remember was once, when I was in a Mall Food Court. I ordered a regular chicken Sandwich from a Wendy's. I took a bite from it and quickly realized it was spicy chicken, not regular. So I went back, expecting to have to pay for another sandwich. The manger asked if anything was wring, and I explained that I ordered the non-spicy chicken sandwich, but got the spicy one instead. [the mall wasn't that busy that day]

He asked to see the sandwich, so I went back to my table, got the sandwich and showed it to him. He looked at it and confirmed that it was spicy, so he had the employees make me a regular chicken sandwich and didn't charge me anything.
    If they made the mistake on your order, you should not expect to pay more to get the right thing. You've already been inconvenienced by having to go back and wait for the correct order.
    Now, it might be understandable if he asked to see your receipt as well to see what you originally paid for, but then maybe they'd charge you the price difference if you paid less than what you should have paid for what you said you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If they made the mistake on your order, you should not expect to pay more to get the right thing. You've already been inconvenienced by having to go back and wait for the correct order.
    Now, it might be understandable if he asked to see your receipt as well to see what you originally paid for, but then maybe they'd charge you the price difference if you paid less than what you should have paid for what you said you wanted.
    I agree, but the cost was minimal and I wasn't feeling up to making an issue of it at the time. I might have mentioned it to the manager when I went back, ,but in either case he was more than willing to help me out. More so than I expected.

Something from the inverse perspective to this happened recently. My husband needed to pay a medical bill, so i tried to do it for him online and I couldn't. I then called up the billing office. The person I spoke to, after I mentioned the bill, started to explain why my husband received a bill when I cut her short (politely) and explained that I wasn't calling to contest the bill, I was calling to pay it. And she was like, Oh!!!!! it was so funny, she sounded very happy. It must be stressful to have to deal with people calling to complain about medical bills.

Someone was nice to me once, so I try to be nice to others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Ordered some Bock's from my local Kmart during Australian lockdown October 21. Still waiting for them. They won't come Til next week.stores will open to public tonight. Groan