Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Question Will the new Legion of Superhero vs the Justice League event be canon?

Hi guys

A few days ago, DC announced a crossover between the Legion of Superheroes and the Justice League. Will this event be canon in the main DC universe or will it be an elseworld story like Justice League / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?

Yep it will be canon
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep it will be canon
    It depends. A new crisis will begin next year that will lead to a bigger event in 2023. If it becomes canon it will probably be only temporary until it's reset by the next crisis.

Yeah, it'll be canon... until either the Legion or the main DC universe gets rebooted yet again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Canon is non-existent at DC. Nothing sticks, so nothing matters.

I collected Bendis's Legion and found it just okay. Couldn't see anything in it that would make it a fan favorite title again. Even Sook's art, which I always love, didn't work with big groups of characters. Won't be picking up JLA vs LSH. It's time for Bendis's Legion to get rebooted!

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    It depends. A new crisis will begin next year that will lead to a bigger event in 2023. If it becomes canon it will probably be only temporary until it's reset by the next crisis.
    That’s true for everything else DC is putting out that’s “canon” lol. Anything and everything is liable to get reset so you just enjoy what you like when it comes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I wouldn't say nothing sticks. What's popular or notable sticks. Even if it's erased, if it's popular or notable enough, it can come back. For example, John Stewart was a guardian, then he wasn't, and now it's looking like he will be again. Just enjoy what you enjoy. The shifting timeline is ingrained into the larger narrative at this point.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-19-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

A few days ago, DC announced a crossover between the Legion of Superheroes and the Justice League. Will this event be canon in the main DC universe or will it be an elseworld story like Justice League / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?
    DC doesn't own the rights to the Mighty Morphin' Rump Rangers. DC does own the rights to both Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I wouldn't say nothing sticks. What's popular or notable sticks. Even if it's erased, if it's popular or notable enough, it can come back. For example, John Stewart was a guardian, the he wasn't, and now it's looking like he will be again. Just enjoy what you enjoy. The shifting timeline is ingrained into the larger narrative at this point.
    Wait, this is a thing?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

First yes, then no.

Welcome to comics.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

I agree with popular opinion, it will be canon as long as the Bendis Legion exists, when the Legion changes yet again it will be lost just like the Shazam like Legionnaire in one reboot, and Kent Shakespeare in another. So for me I hope it isn't canon for very long, I am Team Retroboot.

Sadly, yes, it will be canon, at least at what is canon right now. The worst offense maybe it is than Bendis seems to intend to this to be the new darkness saga.
    I never wanted a reboot to come so much as with Bendis abomination.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Wait, this is a thing?
    It is. Characters remember they have a past versions before the reboots in flashes of memory. They are now treated as the same character after multiple evolutions caused by the universe destroying and rebuilding itself under a single long all-encompassing timeline, including all alternate branching of timelines within it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-19-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Don't Care not even instrested,

Incredible Member

The coming reboot seems to be the consensus today.