Spectacular Member

Default Rob Liefeld’s Prophet

https://www.gamesradar.com/image-com...-whats-coming/

Riding high off news Jake Gyllenhaal will star in a live-action Prophet movie, creator Rob Liefeld has been talking openly about plans for multiple Prophet projects in 2022 in advance of the movie - and to coincide with Prophet's 30th anniversary (Prophet debuted in Youngblood #3, Image Comics' third comic book).

One of the projects is Prophet #50, adding up the numbering from the various Prophet series over the years.
    I am actually excited for the return of Prophet. It would be stellar if Rob could get Stephen Platt in for a cover or two, I still highly rate his version of Prophet.

I fully expect Rob to hit this hard since he can’t do anything with Youngblood and I am all for that.

In agreement with you about S.PLATT's Prophet. A modern-day classic from the '90s (IMHO):

Wow. Say what you will about Liefeld but the dude has a career that most people would kill for. I think of him as the Charles Barkley of our industry LOL.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

I actually like Rob Liefeld. He is passionate about his creations and comics in general. And he seems like a decent enough guy.

I feel he cops way more flack than he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I actually like Rob Liefeld. He is passionate about his creations and comics in general. And he seems like a decent enough guy.

I feel he cops way more flack than he deserves.
    He has the kind of personality that is made for podcasting.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

Nice article on Prophet #1 getting a facsimile version and remastered version with new art
    https://www.cbr.com/rob-liefeld-prop...sary-remaster/

Some great pinups in the article.

Astonishing Member

So since Liefeld lost the rights to Youngblood and Prophet premiered in Youngblood does that mean Liefeld has nothing to do with the movie, financially?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    So since Liefeld lost the rights to Youngblood and Prophet premiered in Youngblood does that mean Liefeld has nothing to do with the movie, financially?
    A few years ago, Studio 8 had acquired the rights to Prophet and was working with Liefeld for a movie so I guess Prophet isn't own by Rev.

Glad to see he's at least got one of his guys under control. I hope for the day Liefeld gets back the rights to Youngblood and Supreme!

But unless that happens, I'll be interested to see what happens with Prophet in the future!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

3287757B-EBDD-4B48-9807-7C85EBBC38ED.jpg
    Your thoughts on the 2012 version?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Didn't like it. I don't even remember what it was about but I do remember being confused by the story.

This is interesting stuff. I had not heard about the Youngblood rights. Hopefully, they revert back to Liefeld and his original partner sometime, and don’t stay with Terrific forever. Their practices sound shady. I hope Rob’s Prophet works in comics and film bring him more financial reward. I think he’s a bit hacky, and yet, he brings such an excitement to the things he works on, even when they don’t pan out. Not many comics creators can generate that kind of buzz and, indeed, fun vibe around their work. I wish Rob was doing lots of work in comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I read a couple of issues and never finished it. However, the psychedelic sci-fi concept might be a better fit for Gyllenhaal than the 90's version.