Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Welp Lebron just had the best old man playoff game in NBA history going 40-10-9 while playing all 48 minutes, Jokic had his 8th triple double of the playoffs breaking a Wilt Chamberlin's record for trip dubs in a playoffs and the Nuggets are looking really good going into the finals, now rooting for them since the franchise has never won a trophy before

Lakers have some work to do, Reeves needs to be resigned, Dlo should be looked at if he can be brought in on a decent deal and most of all they need to make sure they go into next season with a team like this instead of taking till the trade deadline to figure it out
    edit: Also I would be shocked if Lebron doesn't have surgery on his foot soon, for all the "Lebron of feet" talk I think he was playing through injury
    As you say, this most of all. Begging them to PLEASE not somehow acquire Kyrie. The series with Denver has to be the closest 4-0 sweep in basketball history. We were even teams. They were just better. If that makes sense. I also don't have a beef with the way AD played in the series. Sometimes you just run into people who are better than you.

Hoping Miami pulls it together Saturday. When the playoffs started, I pegged Boston as the best team, much to my chagrin. I don't need that series going seven. Whether it ends 4-2 or 4-3 (either way), credit to the Celtics for regrouping rather than getting swept.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    As you say, this most of all. Begging them to PLEASE not somehow acquire Kyrie. The series with Denver has to be the closest 4-0 sweep in basketball history. We were even teams. They were just better. If that makes sense. I also don't have a beef with the way AD played in the series. Sometimes you just run into people who are better than you.

Hoping Miami pulls it together Saturday. When the playoffs started, I pegged Boston as the best team, much to my chagrin. I don't need that series going seven. Whether it ends 4-2 or 4-3 (either way), credit to the Celtics for regrouping rather than getting swept.
    I'm sure the Nuggets are hoping the series goes the full seven so they get to play a team that's physically and mentally exhausted in the Finals.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Kind of tired of the daily Labron James tweets on how he may or may not retire. To be honest I very much doubt he will. And I think this is his way to get attention because he is not in the finals. No one is talking about the Nuggets sweeping The Lakers. All they are talking about is if James is going to retire. And that is just what he wanted.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yeah the Lebron retirement stuff was the biggest much ado about nothing I've seen in a while, and unsurprisingly it turns out that he was in fact playing on a torn foot tendon that will need surgery

OMG. That was a crazy last minute. Boston pushes it to game 7, where they should be favored.
    They have the momentum and home court.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

What the ****?! I can’t believe these motherfuckers won.

Derrick White with a dagger to the heart of the Heat with .2 seconds left. Game 7 up for grabs. Can the Celtics be the second Boston team to be the first to overcome a 3-0 deficit and win a best of 7 series in their sport? We'll see.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Derrick White with a dagger to the heart of the Heat with .2 seconds left. Game 7 up for grabs. Can the Celtics be the second Boston team to be the first to overcome a 3-0 deficit and win a best of 7 series in their sport? We'll see.

-M
    The collective sphincters of Miami players will be tighter tomorrow night than Scrooge's purse strings after blowing/gagging/coughing up a 3-0 lead. This has been flat out unbelievable.

Great comeback but ironically I feel that Mazulla is back in the hotseat and this is a must win for him. Its a one-game series now, and coaching is going to win or lose this thing. If they lose, it seems like the perception will be that it was on Mazulla.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Sixers will hire Nick Nurse as their new head coach.

Heat vs. Celtics, game seven is underway. Winner goes home.

Outside a Boston miracle, looks like Denver/Miami.

Now; not even close, Heat up 20 with 2 minute's left.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-29-2023 at 07:39 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Teams up 3-0 remain undefeated in nba history

Hoo boy, Miami winning the Bob Cousy and Larry Bird trophies in Boston must have the Boston fans livid

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hoo boy, Miami winning the Bob Cousy and Larry Bird trophies in Boston must have the Boston fans livid
    Yes. I dodged some agony. Props to the Heat for recovering. Props to Boston for battling back. Laker fan that I am, I'm very much looking forward to Denver-Miami. Can #8 win it all? What an amazing playoff. ********Denver was the closest weep ever and Miami-Boston was an amazing start, amazing comeback and went 7.